News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ozboy

ozboy Profile Photo
Member Name: ozboy
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Best Broadway Quote
 Aug 15 2005, 09:26:59 PM
"I was raised to be charming, not sincere"
re: RENT Marquee pics: Anyone?
 Jul 2 2005, 08:46:33 AM
Here you go...
re: Dirty Dancing the Musical
 Nov 30 2004, 07:12:15 PM
I'll take Yahoo Serious over George W. anyday.
re: Dirty Dancing the Musical
 Nov 30 2004, 06:53:39 PM
It's currently running in Sydney, Australia (an out-of-town/country tryout, if you like). It's doing pretty well at the box office, selling out just about every performance thus far, but the reviwes have been pretty bad...

http://www.broadwayaustralia.com/reviews/december/dancing.html

re: The end of Phantom
 Nov 26 2004, 01:19:46 AM
Jai I never thought of it that way - that's a really interesting idea.

I do like the idea that every inch of the story and its ending is not spoon-fed to us (Wicked comes to mind here..). You'd think... HOPE... that audiences were bright enough to make up their own minds.

re: Beauty and the Beast Australia
 Nov 11 2004, 05:46:12 AM
I saw Tina. She was pretty good. Her voice was brilliant but her acting was just so-so. Most of the songs were just belted, e.g Cabaret & Maybe This time, which is fine, but there really didnt seem to be too much behind what she way saying. I did like her though.

Most of the reviewers raved about Tobey Allen (the Emcee) who went from being in a boyband to Cabaret, and back! His understudy was good too, lol.

Nov 10 2004, 11:48:16 PM
Apparently they've changed that part of the show at least 3 times, even after previews. When I saw it, it was off-stage, but may have ended up differently.

And while this thread has gone completely off topic, it looks like Eureka is moving to Sydney, after all.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,11326888%255E2902,00.html

Nov 10 2004, 08:42:41 PM
You know, I had that very same thought yesterday. So many empty theatres down there. Though, I believe the Lion King may be headed your way some time soon. There was an article recently saying that Disney theatricals were "reconsidering" their decision not to tour the show. Who knows.

If nothing else, there's always Neighbours does Rocky Horror, LOL!

Nov 10 2004, 08:13:34 PM
If you're interested, Rachael Beck's (Belle) most recent bio can be found at: http://home.iprimus.com.au/eurekathemusical/cast_rachael.htm

She's currently doing a new Australian musical called Eureka which, sadly, has been a pretty big flop and is about to close... prematurely...

re: Who comes close to Bernadette?
 Oct 30 2004, 06:23:35 AM
her husband
err.. sorry!

re: New Xmas Eve (for now)
 Oct 29 2004, 03:42:41 AM
Q: Is your husband in the business?
AH: No, he's a consultant. That's why Brian is a consultant!

re: Box Seats
 Oct 6 2004, 05:04:16 AM
You're right, Hairspray charge $100 for box seats. So not worth it.
re: Hairspray Question
 Jun 24 2004, 05:43:55 AM
The point: you don't remember them on the cd because they aren't on it. Thats what he was asking - why they are in the show but not on cd.
re: Hairspray Question
 Jun 24 2004, 03:09:17 AM
That's the point.. they're not on the CD!
re: AVE Q Tour Canceled - Vegas Instead (Boooo!)
 Jun 11 2004, 08:43:15 PM
You're not the only one.
re: AVE Q Tour Canceled - Vegas Instead (Boooo!)
 Jun 11 2004, 08:34:26 AM
Regardless of whether or not the Avenue Q people lied or were deceitful, Tony voters should have been voting for the better show, not what serves their own interest. If anything, leading road producers to believe it would tour put Avenue Q and Wicked, which was already known to be touring soon, on a level playing field - and Avenue Q won.

At the end of the day, why should Avenue Q be criticized for not playing fair in an unfair process? This whole issue just sheds further light on the fac

re: Idina's Moment...
 Jun 10 2004, 08:09:42 AM
Seriously, if this is the most important thing in your life you need a hobby.
re: Movie
 Jun 10 2004, 08:06:44 AM
And if you have read the book it just serves to highlight how bad Wicked's [the musical] story really is. They just took the most "shocking" and "surprising" elements from the book, blew them out of proportion whilst ignoring the more important elements of the plot in a bid to shock the audience out of a hundred bucks. And it worked!
re: Hugh and The Boy from Oz - the latest buzz
 Jun 10 2004, 05:50:06 AM
He does. Thirty Odd Foot of Grunt... Interesting name... but if you've heard them play you'd know why Russel as Peter Allen is a bad BAD idea.. He's painful to listen to.
re: We Will Rock You
 Jun 10 2004, 05:47:43 AM
Thats very true. And not only that, if they promote it the way they did in London it'll introduce a lot of people to theatre in general. The show was initially tanking, but they managed to get the cast onto some high profile concerts & TV shows (Party in the Park, the Queen's golden jubilee concert, Parkinson, etc) and that got a lot of young non-theater/non-Queen fans in who were more interested in seeing Tony Vincent than the show itself. It grew by word of mouth from there and now it's got
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You