News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for TappingMan

TappingMan Profile Photo
Member Name: TappingMan
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Actresses you want to see come to Broadway  Nov 19 2014, 02:09:31 PM
Sophia Loren
Olivia Newton John
Cher
Beyoncé
Sophie Thompson
Geraldine Turner

Who Would You Like to See Host the Tony's  Sep 8 2014, 03:51:46 PM
One word:

BETTE MIDLER

What Literally Makes You Cry?  Sep 8 2014, 01:02:27 AM
Opening of lion king
Big fish made me weep as did in the heights, blood brothers ending,
Opening number of 42nd street, Donna Mckecnhie doing music and the mirror,
End of act one of Dreamgirls, rent (seasons of love), Georgia brown singing "as long as he needs me", nell carter singing "mean to me", Lena Horne in her one woman show singing "yesterday when I was young", close every door from Joseph, man of La Mancha, carol channing standing at the top of a stairway in red dress, Tyn

Worst Musical of all time?  Jun 22 2014, 11:47:31 PM
Daddy Goodness. First African American million dollar musical. Bombed in Philadelphia.

Sunset boulevard holds a special place in my heart for being a terrible show with some good songs.

And I didn't get the Lippa Wild Party.

I would also throw in anything by Jason Robert Brown

Why was Smoky Joe's such a hit and After Midnight a Commercial failure?  Jun 22 2014, 11:42:20 PM
I love both shows. Unfortunately I felt that After Midnight was so terrific as Cotton Club Parade at City Center.
They made bad changes.

Also the star power only singing three songs isn't very satisfying.
I also think a cast recording would have helped

What's going into the Nederlander?  Jun 22 2014, 11:39:10 PM
I hope it's Nerds. The concert version at 54 Below was terrific. I know try are waiting for a theatre.
Apparently there are a bunch of shows waiting for theatres.
A great problem for Broadway to have.

A bit off topic. I hear Rock Of Ages is closing in January

HOLLER IF YA HEAR ME Previews  Jun 11 2014, 08:15:02 AM
Can anyone tell me how to get comps ?
I saw it on Saturday. I liked it a lot. It definitely needs work. I hope they can fix it.
I had gotten tdf ticket. I was seated Center orchestra. Great seat in the stadium seating. But I got a single. And that seems to help me with getting good tdf tix

Thanks

Donna mckechnie tonight  Mar 24 2014, 03:25:56 PM
Hi everyone. Is anyone going to the Donna Mckechnie show at bird land tonight? Also is anyone aware of any discounts that might be available for this show.
Thanks

Glenn Close. A Delicate Balance?  Jan 21 2014, 10:21:52 AM
Could this be the play she plans to do soon?
It is a mountain of a play

After midnight rush???  Oct 31 2013, 12:18:24 PM
Thanks so much!!!!
After midnight rush???  Oct 31 2013, 09:25:46 AM
Sorry if I'm addressing something's that's already been addressed on here. Does anyone know if there is any rush policy for after midnight?
Thanks

Any Grease 2 fans here?  Sep 7 2013, 06:15:20 PM
Love it. Cant get enough of it. Loved the running joke about Connie Stevens and her, ah, um, "hair"
Date Night Billing?  Sep 7 2013, 06:10:54 PM
I believe it has to do with possible Tony nominations.
The only people that can be nominated for Best Actor or Best Actress in a musical, or play, I think, must have their name above the title. I believe that is one of the rules.

I may be corrected on here.

Whatever Happened To?  Aug 22 2013, 03:22:54 PM
I was Janie Sell's publicist when she did Moon Over Buffalo. She did a few performances a week, because Carol Burnett didn't want to do 8 shows a week after a while.
Janie had left the business. Went into the business world and was having a successful career when she was called to be Carol's understudy/cover.

After the run, she went back to her private life.
She is a really nice, sweet, person. She remembers her time on Broadway quite fondly, but does not regret her decisio

Betty Buckley fans listen up (and fans of good theatre).....  Aug 22 2013, 02:41:24 PM
See, this is the kind of thread that made me join BWW.
As soon as I read the postings, I was able to purchase the last ticket available for this Sundays matinee.
Its so refreshing to get this kind of info on here, as opposed to the usual negative, nasty, bitter - threads that are just attacks on performers, creative teams and other members.

Thank you so much for starting this thread. And I'm so looking forward to seeing this show on Sunday.

Peace.

MARYANN PLUNKETT  May 24 2013, 10:44:02 AM
Thanks.
I always thought her singing voice was very special.
Would love to see her in a musical again.

Or anything really.

La Cage Aux Folles 1987 Tour with Larry Kert and Harvey Evans  May 24 2013, 10:42:48 AM
and performances like that are what made me fall in love with musical theatre. I love the old time performers. they were all so talented and present. just wonderful.
thanks for posting this.

Miss Larry Kert tremendously.

MARYANN PLUNKETT  May 24 2013, 10:08:14 AM
Hi. I was able to see her in Agnes of God and Me and My Girl.
Was wondering if anyone knew what she might be up to as of late.
She is a very talented singer and actress.
Thanks.

Roles they DIDN'T get....  Apr 27 2013, 12:01:08 PM
I remember hearing that Carol Burnett was to go into the Tyne Daly, Gypsy after Linda Lavin but the show closed before she was available.
Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Alan Cumming in MACBETH coming to Broadway...  Jan 31 2013, 09:56:20 PM
I saw this at Lincoln Center.
Seriously, one of the greatest performances I've ever seen.
Just stunning.
I"m thrilled it's coming to Broadway.

This season started out pretty bad, but with Bette, and this and some other things coming in, it looks exciting.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You