News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for wickedlyfantine

Member Name: wickedlyfantine
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

A drum. A drum. MACBETH doth come.
 Apr 7 2013, 04:06:36 PM
I'd love to see it. I'm curious about the location of the rush seats. If they aren't good I'm going to have to start saving for a good seat because I'm really intrigued by the concept...
Jekyll & Hyde (Broadway Previews!)
 Apr 7 2013, 01:22:03 PM
The online general rush seats are located in row U center orchestra. The rush seats aren't available until 12 PM each day, so if you check the site before then the seats will not appear.
Online rush tickets
 Apr 6 2013, 12:06:32 PM
I just found out that Jekyll and Hyde is offering online rush tickets and wondered if there are any other shows that do the same. Has anyone heard of any other shows offering online rush tickets? Thanks :)
Willemijn stagedoor?
 Mar 20 2013, 12:34:59 AM
Does Willemjin Verkaik stagedoor for Wicked? I know she did in Germany but I have no idea if she does on Broadway. And if so, does she do so for matinees? I'm seeing a matinee performance in April and I wanted to meet her.

Willemijn Verkaik is a mix of Menzel and Block
 Feb 21 2013, 02:30:08 AM
I do think Willemijn's voice is amazing, but I don't think she sounds anything like Idina Menzel or Stephanie Block. Willemijn's voice is pretty distinctive (to me anyway).

Willemijn is such an amazing actress. I'm glad she's finally come to Broadway so America can enjoy her Elphaba too :)

The People Called It RAGTIME
 Feb 21 2013, 02:24:52 AM
The show was amazing. I was surprised row Q was as close as it was. I'd never been to Lincoln Center before so I was pleasantly surprised the row wasn't as far back as I'd expected.

I was actually a bit disappointed by Norm Lewis' performance. He seemed to lack a certain charm I associate with Coalhouse. He got better as the show went on, but in the beginning I was a bit let down. I was really excited to see him so that was a little disappointing. He does seem to have a subtle way of performing in shows, though, so maybe that's just his acting style.

(Weirdly enough, despite that complaint, Norm Lewis and Patina Miller's version of Wheels of a Dream is my favorite version I've ever heard.)

I thought Lea Salonga was great. It was my first time seeing her live--I've just seen her in both the 10th and 25th Les Mis anniversaries--and I was not let down.

The only odd vibe I got was from the guy playing Willie Conklin. I thought he delivered his lines in a weird way and seemed almost tired/depressed. I'm not sure how to describe it...it was just odd to me.

Just curious, who was Lea Salonga waving at during the bows? She and a few other performers gasped and started waving at someone in the center orchestra, but I couldn't see who it was. Apparently Sierra Boggess attended the show, so perhaps it was her?

Overall it was a great night of theatre and I wish it had been recorded, but I'm just glad I had the opportunity to be there at all. I wish Ragtime would just come back to Broadway tbh, but I guess I'm biased since it's one of my favorite shows

And the new Elphaba is: Willemijn Verkaik
 Dec 17 2012, 02:09:51 PM
Just saw this news on Facebook. I'm so excited, she's one of my favorite Elphabas! I actually prefer the German cast recording to the American one...and I don't speak German. Willemijn is just that amazing, I can't wait to see her.

Ragtime concert 2013 ticket ordering question
 Dec 1 2012, 07:52:56 PM
Thanks everyone. I finally got through and the woman told me that you can't pick individual seats online. I got the impression you could pick by phone though, but I'm not sure. I wish I had gotten a ticket sooner, it seems the best seats (that I prefer anyway) are gone. But there's still pretty good seats left. Anyway, thanks again!
Ragtime concert 2013 ticket ordering question
 Dec 1 2012, 01:02:09 PM
Forgive any typos please, I'm on my phone. I tried calling the Lincoln theater and couldn't get through so I came here. When you buy a ticket, can you pick your individual seat online or do they pick it for you? I tried looking at buying a ticket and it picked a seat for me, but I wondered if it would give you a different seat if you refreshed the page or searched again. I'm asking because I'm away from my computer and the theater website works on and off on my phone so I can't check this myself
Is TDF worth it?
 Nov 20 2012, 06:28:35 PM
Wow, I wasn't expecting this much of a response lol. Thank you to everyone who replied. I should clarify, I don't feel horribly fussy about seats, I just can't sit all the way in the back because of my eyesight. That's my concern. I feel like I can sit in most of the theatre, just not in the last rows of any section. I'm not trying to say I refuse to sit anywhere except as close as possible.

But again, thanks for your help. If I get some money for Christmas I'll probably go for it. You'

Is TDF worth it?
 Nov 16 2012, 04:05:25 AM
Thanks! I hadn't realized you have no idea where you're going to sit. Not sure if I want to go for it then. But thanks for your helpful answers, I appreciate it :)

But I have one more question: Let's say a person says that they used TDF and saw Phantom and sat in, say, the orchestra, does that mean that anyone else who uses TDF for Phantom in the future will also sit in the orchestra? Or is it completely random for each performance?

Hypothetical Example: TDF always gets orchest

Is TDF worth it?
 Nov 14 2012, 01:18:38 AM
Sorry if this question has been asked before--I tried searching but couldn't find anything, so here I am.

Right now there are two upcoming shows I want to see: Drood and Phantom. The thing is, I'm sure by next year there will be many more shows I'm interested in seeing. So is it worth it to pay the sign up money now for TDF and get discounted tickets in the future?

I'm just curious because I have no idea how good the seats are. I'd rather spend more money on good seats than pay

Phantom seating (majestic theater)
 Nov 11 2012, 09:20:45 PM
So basically avoid the overhang and don't sit too close?
Phantom seating (majestic theater)
 Nov 10 2012, 08:17:32 PM
I need help on deciding where to sit for Phantom of the Opera.

I'm not buying tickets for Phantom at the time because I'm waiting until Sierra Boggess' run next year (current discount tickets only apply until December, so I have to wait for the discounts to show up for February). But for future reference, how close is the stage to the first row? How high is it? If I sat in the third row would I be craning my neck?

I like sitting as close as possible to the stage, in the orche

Drood seating
 Nov 6 2012, 07:12:35 PM
Thanks everyone! If I go I think I'll go with the second or third row in the orchestra. I'd sit farther back but every date I look at seems to have the entire middle section of the orchestra already taken

Thanks again :)

Drood seating
 Nov 6 2012, 12:48:28 AM
Thanks! Anyone else have any experience with this theater?
Drood seating
 Nov 5 2012, 01:18:28 AM
Hi! I'm a newbie here and I was just wondering what the seating is like for Drood at Studio 54. From what I can tell from the limited amount of pictures I can find, the stage isn't very high. Would sitting in the second row be okay or would it seem too close?

Generally I prefer sitting in the orchestra as close as possible without having to look up at the stage so I can feel immersed in the show. I hate not being able to see the actor's facial expressions (and my eyesight isn't that goo

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You