pixeltracker

Phantom seating (majestic theater)

Phantom seating (majestic theater)

wickedlyfantine
#1Phantom seating (majestic theater)
Posted: 11/10/12 at 8:17pm

I need help on deciding where to sit for Phantom of the Opera.

I'm not buying tickets for Phantom at the time because I'm waiting until Sierra Boggess' run next year (current discount tickets only apply until December, so I have to wait for the discounts to show up for February). But for future reference, how close is the stage to the first row? How high is it? If I sat in the third row would I be craning my neck?

I like sitting as close as possible to the stage, in the orchestra, without having to look up at the stage.

Thanks for any help :)

cupcakes2 Profile Photo
cupcakes2
#2Phantom seating (majestic theater)
Posted: 11/10/12 at 8:42pm

This is one show you should sit in the front mezz, or Orch h, j, k, l. for. The scenic effects are just way better in these locations. whatever you do, DO NO sit under the overhang in the (orch). IMHO, first 10 rows - too close.

Updated On: 11/10/12 at 08:42 PM

michellek45
#2Phantom seating (majestic theater)
Posted: 11/10/12 at 8:47pm

Yeah, I won tickets at the Flea Market under the overhang. You miss a lot of the higher scenery (which is the coolest scenery in the show). When I went with my school I sat in the rear mezz, and even that was better than the overhang. So seriously avoid the overhang.

wickedlyfantine
#3Phantom seating (majestic theater)
Posted: 11/11/12 at 9:20pm

So basically avoid the overhang and don't sit too close?

Movidude742 Profile Photo
Movidude742
#4Phantom seating (majestic theater)
Posted: 11/11/12 at 9:36pm

If you have not seen it before I agree about sitting back far enough to get the scope.

Having seen it a few times I saw it from the 2nd row and it was a stretch to see some of what happens at the proscenium but It was nice seeing the expressions on the actor's faces, and I otherwise knew where to look and when.

Also made the end of Act I to be a bit more fun . . .

Phantom4ever
#5Phantom seating (majestic theater)
Posted: 11/11/12 at 10:05pm

I would suggest sitting in the center-front mezzanine, or in rows H, J, K or L in the orhcestra. Be careful not to sit too far to the side either. Don't expect these seats to be discounted, either.

Sometimes it may pay to wait til the last minute when they release the house seats, which are in Row K and are, in my opinion, the best seats in the theater.

Videos