News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for tophertilson

tophertilson Profile Photo
Member Name: tophertilson
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: A Little Priest- New extended Sweeney Todd clip  Dec 8 2007, 10:14:11 AM
SporkGoddess, wait till you see the movie! You'll be very happy. "Pretty Women" is absolutely stunning. I knew what was (or rather what wasn't) coming and I was still on the edge of my seat. It's beyond beautiful.

re: Just got back from 'Sweeney Todd'  Dec 7 2007, 07:41:11 AM
I'm sure it's been remarked upon before, but can I just say how amazing the title sequence of this film is? The descent into the trap door and the hair raising instrumental that accompanies it took my breath away.
Tim Burton wins NBR Best Director Award  Dec 5 2007, 04:14:40 PM
Tim Burton won best director from the National Board of Review for SWEENEY TODD.

re: Sweeney Todd last night  Dec 4 2007, 08:08:50 AM
Excuse me, Carl Magnum? Am I not allowed to post to two different sites? How does that make me a hack? Please explain.
re: Now Variety Blesses Sweeney Todd!!!  Dec 3 2007, 07:32:40 PM
Yes!!!!!!!
Sweeney Todd last night  Dec 3 2007, 07:12:46 AM
I saw the Sweeney Todd movie last night. The screening was hosted by Stephen Sondheim. Tim Burton and Johnny Depp were also in attendance. This being a New York theatre crowd, they applauded and stood for Sondheim, but remained seated for Burton and Depp.

Sondheim gave a little welcoming speech and a small warning. What we were about to see, he told us, was not the stage musical we all knew by heart, but a movie. If we were to enjoy it, we needed to put the stage show out of our mi

re: PIRATE QUEEN 1st preview- I couldn't wait  Oct 4 2006, 04:12:21 PM
The original version of LES MIZ at the Barbican was over four hours long. Needless to say, it changed a LOT. :)

re: PIRATE QUEEN 1st preview- I couldn't wait  Oct 4 2006, 10:54:54 AM
Fantastic news. I'm going to try and see the show next week and I was dying to hear something. Sounds exciting!

re: Caroline, or Change (London) rehearsal photos + interviews  Oct 1 2006, 03:04:37 PM
I'd give anything to see this production. I listen to CoC pretty much every week and never fail to be moved by it.

Who's directing this production? Is it George C. Wolfe again?

re: Anyone seeing High Fidelity in Boston?  Sep 30 2006, 09:46:13 AM
It has pretty powerful producers behind it. I can't imagine it not coming in. Then again, remember that WHISTLE DOWN THE WIND marquee up at the Martin Beck?

re: Miss Saigon lyric changes  Sep 15 2006, 07:03:21 PM
I saw MISS SAIGON in previews in London when I was a boy. I remember "Her Or Me" very clearly. Kim had her breakdown and left the stage. Ellen sang a little recitative. An electric piano kicked in and she then sang, "There are days/There are days when your life clouds over." The audience burst out laughing. Even as a boy I thought it was ridiculous. Good call on changing that one, I think. Though like most of you, I prefer "Sacred Bird."

re: Lewis J. Stadlen?  Sep 14 2006, 03:04:00 PM
Strange piece of casting. But he's a brilliant actor and I'd like to see what he can do with the part.

re: Jesse Tyler Ferguson on TV!  Sep 13 2006, 08:56:30 AM
I saw the pilot (courtesy of TiVo). It's not that funny, but it shows promise, I guess. The ending was touching. And Jesse Tyler Ferguson is great. If this show doesn't work out, I'm sure he'll land another soon. And if not, I hope he comes back to Broadway!

re: Pirate Queen Castcom Discussion Thread (Exclusive sneak peak!)  Sep 12 2006, 09:12:53 PM
I guess it all depends. There was never above the title billing in LES MIZ or CATS. And after Jonathan Pryce left, I think MISS SAIGON was the same. With musicals like these, it often seems they want the show to be the star.

Does anyone get billed above the title for WICKED?

re: ONE NIGHT ONLY from 'Dreamgirls' film now available on iTunes!  Sep 12 2006, 06:54:53 PM
YES!!!!!!! That is fantastic!

re: Meaning of 'Being Alive' from Company  Sep 11 2006, 11:52:07 AM
Yes, it was called "Happily Ever After." It used a lot of the same lyrics, actually. "Someone to hurt you too deep/Someone to know you too well/Someone to rob you of all things you don't want to tell/That's happily ever after/Ever ever ever after/In hell."

I think that counts as cynical, right? :)

re: What if Jim Dale Played The Wizard?  Sep 10 2006, 04:22:58 PM
Now, that's an interesting idea!!!! He'd finally give that show a little edge. Something it sorely needs.

re: Pirate Queen Castcom Discussion Thread (Exclusive sneak peak!)  Sep 10 2006, 06:24:38 AM
Works for me. Not sure what's up.

re: Future Souvenir Ideas  Sep 9 2006, 09:50:27 PM
A GREY GARDENS clothing line? A PIRATE QUEEN eye patch? LEGALLY BLONDE hair dye?

re: Triumph Of Love Set  Sep 9 2006, 05:34:09 PM
Sounds cool, yes. In reality, the set was butt-ugly. All I remember is kelly green astro-turf. Ick!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You