News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for WhatIWasBorn2Do

WhatIWasBorn2Do Profile Photo
Member Name: WhatIWasBorn2Do
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

FUN HOME on TDF
 Dec 3 2013, 10:22:16 AM
I tried to get a ticket at 12:30am last night, but it said it could not be processed. I kept trying and trying, and I finally got one at around 1am. Had to log in and out a few times, but it worked! Very happy.
Bye Bye Mary
 Apr 30 2013, 11:42:09 AM
When was this supposed to close? Could it possibly be too demanding Shaw? She is SO phenomenal in this role.
Rant about the 2013 TONY nominations here
 Apr 30 2013, 10:45:12 AM
SO HAPPY about Bring It On, Stark Sands, and Kinky Boots in general. It is a good day for Broadway! Only disappointed with Lilla not being nominated. I've seen her twice and she has talent beyond her years on stage. However you feel about her offstage, i really feel she deserved the nomination.
Pippin Reviews!
 Apr 25 2013, 10:17:08 PM
Im agreeing with the criticism from most of the mixed reviewers, but I too agree Brantley took it a little far. I did laugh, however, at "Mr. Thomas — who has the face, haircut and voice of a tween-dream boy-band singer — suggests Pippin as Bieber in Wonderland. He’s likable, though, in part because he so often looks overwhelmed, and it’s easy for the audience to empathize." (Brantley, NYT)
No Macbeth Saturday Matinees?
 Apr 23 2013, 10:58:43 PM
He said in one of his Broadway.com video vlogs that doing two shows a day is too much. He said he attempted it once, and the evening show did not go well in his eyes and proved too exhausting.
VANYA & SONIA & MASHA and SPIKE Reviews
 Apr 23 2013, 02:39:23 PM
Pippin was surprisingly really sexual. There were a few scenes that I was not expecting!
Christina DeCicco is joining Spider-Man as Arachne
 Apr 19 2013, 08:43:57 PM
Maybe now ill go see Spiderman! She was a wonderful Eva! Glad to see her getting more work, especially on a thriving show!
MAMMA MIA! is Moving! Show to Transfer to Broadway's Broadhurst Theatre in Late 2013
 Apr 18 2013, 10:37:05 PM
Doesn't the Funny Girl revival with Rachel Berry still need a house? HmMmMmM....
Pippin previews start tomorrow
 Apr 16 2013, 02:49:17 PM
Saw the show Saturday. Payed full price, $99 for 5th row mezz center seats. Great seats, we felt really close! The production as a whole is phenomenal from acting, to stunts, to the singing, but it is the story and book that is the biggest problem for me. I went in unfamiliar with the storyline, and found it overall to be a little odd. My biggest problem was the second act. I couldn't help but feel cheated (POSS SPOILER) When the king comes back to life. Like, I thought it was a joke or a figmen
Decision on seeing Matilda, Motown, or Kinky?
 Apr 15 2013, 02:58:49 PM
I saw Pippin on Saturday, and I loved it a lot, but not as much as I genuinely enjoyed Matilda and Kinky Boots. Kinky Boots left the biggest impact on me, and I was so amazingly pleased with it. Matilda is phenomenal as well. I love the music in both. I really recommend Kinky Boots, though. It is worth the viewing.
Macbeth Stage Door
 Apr 12 2013, 07:07:51 PM
Yep! Alan came out after about 45 minutes. Was nice and friendly to everyone. Only signed. Great performance, great guy!
Macbeth rush?
 Apr 11 2013, 06:13:25 PM
Rushed MACBETH today at 4:00pm. Got a partial view orchestra seat, row J. Very excited! They were very accommodating and my friend got a seat right behind me.
Macbeth rush?
 Apr 11 2013, 06:13:19 PM
Rushed MACBETH today at 4:00pm. Got a partial view orchestra seat, row J. Very excited! They were very accommodating and my friend got a seat right behind me.
HARDBODY to Close 4/13
 Apr 8 2013, 08:24:33 PM

HARDBODY to Close 4/13
 Apr 8 2013, 07:52:37 PM

Motown Student Policy
 Apr 8 2013, 12:27:37 AM
Went to the box office yesterday. They have a 40$ policy, but have only done it TWICE. Wouldnt count on this. Went at 5pm and people were already in line for Cancellations.
SMASH
 Apr 7 2013, 03:58:15 PM
What theatre is Bombshell in Tech? I know the Lyceum was used for the exterior, but unless I'm mistaken, that is not where the interior of last nights show was filmed.
Online rush tickets
 Apr 7 2013, 12:22:16 PM
Rushed yesterday at 6pm. Right orchestra, row R. Perfect seat. My friend that rushed earlier that day got center orch, much closer to the stage!
Jekyll & Hyde (Broadway Previews!)
 Apr 7 2013, 01:01:09 AM
Saw the show tonight. Absolutely loved it. Went in not knowing a single thing about the show, and came out a huge fan. Constantine and Deborah were phenomenal and gave incredible vocal performances. Both gave decent acting performances, but nothing noteworthy. For a 3rd preview in a new space, the show ran mostly smooth, with only minor bumps like scenery getting stuck for a second or a few sound problems.

For people wondering -
- Got a 2 student rush tickets at 6pm. $32, right orc

KINKY BOOTS Reviews-Talkin' Broadway review
 Apr 5 2013, 12:38:38 AM
SO HAPPY for the positive reviews! What a great show IMO. This board never ceases to amaze me...
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You