News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for motherofadiva

Member Name: motherofadiva
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: hairspray the movie audition stories
 May 12 2006, 05:39:14 PM
billy crystal for what role????
re: hairspray the movie audition stories
 May 12 2006, 05:37:07 PM
yes my daughter auditioned in Las Vegas and then made it to callback and then was asked to audition again in los angeles but we still don't know anything yet.
hairspray the movie audition stories
 May 12 2006, 03:13:02 PM
has lil' inez been caste yet for hairspray the movie????
re: How the Grinch Stole Christmas
 May 12 2006, 01:29:12 PM
my daughter was cindy- lou last year at the oldglobe and she is going to audition for it again this year so i know that it will be in san diego agin this year. I wonder when will they hold auditions for the whole broadway thing i would love for her to audition for that.
re: HaIrSpRaY THE MOVIE AUDITION STORIES
 May 11 2006, 04:40:55 PM
has lil' inez been casted yet???
re: The Wiz - Official Schedule
 May 1 2006, 01:00:53 PM
oh Margo thank you sooooooooo much i really agree with you 100%!!!! The Wizard of oz was not revived with a all black cast and still called the wizard of oz so why should the wiz be be multi racial and still be called the wiz? If Dorothy is anything other than african-american i will definitely not see it.

Apr 25 2006, 10:22:37 PM
but ca she do the whole film thing without being way over the top? It is a big difference.
 Apr 25 2006, 10:20:38 PM
oh i get it
re: 'Legally Blonde' To Open On Broadway On April 26, 2007
 Apr 25 2006, 10:15:49 PM
interesting
re: hairspray
 Apr 23 2006, 09:45:38 PM
sorry this was actually a reply to another thread
 Apr 23 2006, 09:37:46 PM
So are you saying casting is complete and the calls have been made??? I was told in Vegas by the casting dierctor that it will take another 4 to 6 weeks before things wrap up and calls are made making it around the 1st week of May or so
re: Hairspray Movie
 Apr 21 2006, 04:57:03 PM
Hello, i do agree with you, but lets face it it is true that not all superstars are great actors but that goes the same way with theater people trying to do film because alot of times they come off way too big for film or television and then sometimes film actors aren't big enough for theater so i think the movie should be casted accordingly.. if it is for theater than keep the theater people in it and if it is for film by all means cast the film superstars like John Travolta so that we can see
re: Hairspray Movie
 Apr 21 2006, 04:56:26 PM
Hello, i do agree with you, but lets face it it is true that not all superstars are great actors but that goes the same way with theater people trying to do film because alot of times they come off way too big for film or television and then sometimes film actors aren't big enough for theater so i think the movie should be casted accordingly.. if it is for theater than keep the theater people in it and if it is for film by all means cast the film superstars like John Travolta so that we can see
hairspray
 Apr 21 2006, 04:55:30 PM
 Apr 18 2006, 11:29:43 PM
rehearsals start in July and shooting starts in september.
re: hairspray stories
 Apr 14 2006, 11:49:43 AM
thanks alot!!!
re: hairspray stories
 Apr 14 2006, 11:47:59 AM
you were awesome dramaqueen and different... you never know in show buisness what casting is thinking so don't throw in the towel yet because you may be called for something else in the long run!
hairspray stories
 Apr 14 2006, 12:56:56 AM
Hello Dramaqueen700 we saw you at the las vegas auditions i was there with my daughter the little black girl that sang and everyone started clapping? Timyra-Joi, well her callback went great they LOVED her!! she was in the room for awhile they directed her a few different times and they were very pleased the casting director said that everything will wrap up within the next 3 to 4 weeks so we are just waitieng hoping and praying for some good news. Do you still have her recorded on your phone?
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You