News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for dr_jekyll

dr_jekyll Profile Photo
Member Name: dr_jekyll
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Les Mis question
 Jul 2 2012, 08:01:55 PM
As far as Thernardier knows (or thinks), Valjean was in the sewers that night doing the same thing that Thernardier was doing: stealing from dead bodies. This kind of information, if made known in Marius' social circles, would destroy his reputation since he's marrying Valjean's daughter. So the Thernardiers do think it is a big deal that could ruin Marius' wedding day, and their plan is to make him pay for the information, and probably then to blackmail him in order to keep it quiet.

re: The Daryl Eisenberg Twitter Thread
 Aug 14 2009, 04:48:32 PM
Sounds reasonable. A clear apology and promise not to do it again. What more could anyone want?
 Aug 13 2009, 12:17:31 AM
I think this has been a teachable moment for Daryl and probably for others in the industry, especially those who sit behind the table.

I am not defending what she did, but I don't think she deserves THIS.... a gigantic thread on a public forum that bears her name and has some people characterizing her as some kind of evil renegade casting director.

There are innumerable casting directors, assistants, accompanists, directors, musical directors and producers who have behaved

Aug 12 2009, 11:24:34 PM
This thread is going way too far.

It is unfortunate that a person's good name is being dragged through the mud like this. We all make errors in judgment or have moments when we do something we later realize we shouldn't have -- in an audition, a performance or in life. None of us would want to be defined by them.

I am not trying to defend what she did, but I don't think it warrants a thread like this, bearing her name, that can affect her career and reputation. She doesn't d

Aug 12 2009, 09:16:48 PM
Well, as I said in my original post that was part of the thread that got deleted, I think she *is* nice and I say this because I know her personally.

I do not believe she intended to cause anyone to feel bad, aggravated or undermined.

We're all in a tough business, we all want respect but at least give her the benefit of the doubt here, especially if you don't know her.

re: The Met's production of Doctor Atomic on PBS 12/29 9:00
 Dec 30 2008, 01:58:00 PM
I caught the last half hour on TV last night and couldn't believe how boring it was.

How could people actually sit through it?

re: Photo Coverage: Radio Broadway After Show Party At Heartland
 Jul 2 2008, 06:54:09 PM
Awesome.

Glad you had a good time.

Radio Broadway Concert at Town Hall on June 30
 Jun 20 2008, 06:24:31 PM
AMERICAN BANDSTAND meets AMERICAN IDOL!

http://broadwayworld.com/viewcolumn.cfm?colid=29141

Constantine Maroulis to star in Town Hall concert on 6/30
 Jun 6 2008, 01:37:05 PM
http://broadwayworld.com/viewcolumn.cfm?colid=28669

Radio Broadway has just announced that American Idol star Contstantine Maroulis will be guest starring at "The Hits of 1958" which will be presented at The Town Hall on Monday, June 30 at 8 p.m.

This event will mark the debut performance of Radio Broadway, a new concert company dedicated to presenting "the greatest hits of all time by the greatest singers of our time."

The show will feature a cast of today's finest Broadway talent performing songs that topped the Billboard charts in the year 1958. Principal singers will include Max von Essen (Dance Of The Vampires, Jesus Christ Superstar, Les Miserables), Jennifer Hope Wills (The Phantom Of The Opera, Wonderful Town, The Woman In White), Nancy Anderson (Wonderful Town, A Class Act), John Treacy Egan (The Producers, Jekyll & Hyde, The Little Mermaid), and LAWRENCE CLAYTON (The Civil War, Jesus Christ Superstar, Dreamgirls) with additional stars to be announced shortly.

The evening will be hosted by Raymond Jaramillo McLeod (Drama Desk Award nominee – Wonderful Town), with direction by DEBORAH KYM and musical direction by DAVID KEYES.

Presented in the spirit of American Bandstand, complete with back-up singers, dancers and live band, this brand-new concert event will be a fun and energetic journey back to yesteryear that is sure to shake your bones and rattle your brains. Songs will include "Yakety Yak," "Who's Sorry Now," "At The Hop," "Great Balls of Fire," Elvis Presley's "Jailhouse Rock" and many more.

Tickets, priced $40 and up, are available at The Town Hall box office or through TicketMaster by calling (866) 448-7849. The Town Hall box office is open from 12:00-6:00 p.m. Monday through Saturday.

The $200 "VIP" tickets include premium seating and a private cocktail reception with the stars following the show.

The Town Hall is located in Manhattan at 123 West 43rd Street between Broadway and Avenue of the Americas. Nearest subways are as follows: 1, 2, 3 - Times Square-42nd Street (7th Ave.-Broadway). A, C, E - 42nd Street-Port Authority (8th Avenue). B, D, F, V - 42nd Street-Brant Park (6th Avenue). N, Q, R, W - Times Square-42nd Street (Broadway). 7 & S - Times Square-42nd Street (Broadway-7th Avenue).

Radio Broadway was co-founded by Raymond Jaramillo McLeod, Deborah Kym and David Weitzer. Following the June 30 premiere, the company plans to present various incarnations of the show – featuring a variety of Broadway stars and radio hit songs spanning all decades – in venues throughout the country.

BroadwayWorld.com is the official media sponsor of Radio Broadway.

The website for Radio Broadway is www.radiobroadwaylive.com.

Constantine Maroulis to star in concert at Town Hall 6/30
 Jun 5 2008, 06:07:32 PM
http://broadwayworld.com/viewcolumn.cfm?colid=28669
re: Reputable voice teachers in NYC?
 Oct 16 2007, 03:58:01 PM
Bruce Kolb is wonderful. (And located on the Upper West Side.)
ZoMBIE PRoM Takes Westchester Broadway
 Apr 26 2007, 07:28:02 PM
Sounds great!

Come on, board..... let's show this production some love!

re: Where Are the Fields Located for the Broadway League?
 Apr 19 2007, 09:58:35 AM
Hecksher Fields in Central Park, near the Carousel

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?f=q&layer=&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=114401327681496176317.00000112081b88d92bb0e&hl=en&t=h&om=1&z=16&ll=40.770105,-73.97709&spn=0.02033,0.016844

re: Your Favorite Broadway Theater
 Apr 14 2007, 04:18:38 PM
Marriott Marquis
re: Staten Island Philharmonic to Present Man of La Mancha in Concert
 Sep 12 2006, 04:59:42 PM
They sound good!

:)

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You