News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for pauL5Y

Member Name: pauL5Y
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Drama Desk Nominations
 Apr 25 2014, 03:13:52 PM
After the reviews I was afraid Threepenny would get totally shut out, glad to see a nom for Laura. Would have been a pleasant surprise to find Lena Hall or Betsy Wolfe there too, that's usually a tough category though. Not surprised by lack of If/Then but was hoping for more. IMO Mays should edge out NPH, but happy to see nom for Pinkham too.
Hedwig Previews
 Apr 13 2014, 09:04:45 AM
***Spoiler Alert***

batboy, you asked for "Love Theme from The Hurt Locker" lyrics. I was in BB107 and the sheet music fell right in my lap! My fav show souvenir ever.

note: says composed by Stephen Shwartz, the tempo is 69, and the date on it is March 28, 2014 (day before Hedwig previews started)

When the towers fell the world was set in motion
A love across the ocean grew where bombs hail
War, they say, is hell, but through it's many dangers
two lovers

Ticket to Heathers 4/7
 Mar 19 2014, 09:58:56 AM
Anyone interested in a ticket to Heathers on Monday, April 7? 2nd row exact center. Paid $58, asking $25
Rant about the 2013 TONY nominations here
 Apr 30 2013, 09:18:09 AM
Jessica Hecht. I don't always agree with Brantley, but she was incandescent. Also add me to the list of shocked no Alan Cumming.

Yay Shalita Grant!

The one show EVERYONE enjoys?
 Mar 18 2013, 09:24:06 PM
not that anything would be 100%, but i am highly anticipating MY FAIR LADY next year and would guess that may be one most people like.
2012 Drama Desk Nominations Announced - DEATH TAKES A HOLIDAY, FOLLIES, NIC
 Apr 27 2012, 04:21:21 PM
Nothing for Bluebird? Fantastic revival. Thought Simon Russell Beale (as well as Russell Harvard) were biggest off-broadway snubs. Happy for Death, only wish Paice woulda got a nod. (but Best Book? really?)

Would love to see NaTasha Yvette Williams snag a Tony Nom.

Also it just opens this weekend so I'm guessing it wasn't eligible, but hope they don't forget about Midsummer Night's Dream on next year's noms (especially Steven Skybell)

Another LITTLE SHOP question.
 Mar 23 2012, 02:36:59 AM
For what its worth, I saw that production twice and loved it. I can still hear Douglas Sills holding that note. If you don't give a moment like that to a character like Orin, then you pretty much never would. I say do it.
Anyone familiar with the Players Theatre?
 Feb 9 2012, 12:24:17 AM
Well I've mostly filled the slots for my April week in NYC (11 shows in 7 days) but of course I'm still searching for more. Most things with AM start times are geared towards kids, but I'm not sure what to think of the Players Theatre Alice in Wonderland musical. Kids show or not?

doh! nevermind...just reread the theatermania post where after the show the kids do an art project.

any shows to recommend at non-traditional times?

Book of Mormon partial view
 Feb 5 2012, 03:35:15 PM
Anyone have feedback on the partial view seats (end of the first row)?
Other Desert Cities Extended
 Jan 27 2012, 12:12:24 AM
Excuse me if I overlooked a thread on this, but ODC is now on sale through June 17th. NYC bound in April, just bought 3rd row center. (yay me)
Shows holding ticket blocks
 Jan 7 2012, 09:39:16 AM
Does anyone know of a way to find out if/when blocks of tickets will be released for sale, or get an accurate seating chart for which seats are actually sold?

For example, I can't find any day for Once that shows any seat closer than Row J available. Trying to balance waiting for discounts against losing good seats, but also don't want to plop down top dollar too soon and find better, possibly cheaper, seats later.

Help Please - ticket question(s)
 Jan 6 2012, 03:16:26 PM
Planning an April NYC trip and Telecharge is showing me screwy results. For example if I search certain days for Death of a Salesman it shows center section, middle of the way back. Then I search best seat for the entire run and it gives me a February show left orch in the back. Then for Once every day it shows me Row J, 101.

A) Does Telecharge usually have issues like this?

B) Do most shows hold blocks til later and how far out would you recommend to balance getting a goo

In one word the Tonys were...
 Jun 13 2010, 11:32:40 PM
Grammy-esque
More LOVE NEVER DIES REVIEWS...including NY TIMES
 Mar 11 2010, 02:15:31 AM
I have to laugh at what seem to be all the shocked reviews about LND's book problems. I'm an admitted ALW fan, but his shows have never seemed to have the most cerebral plots. If I were critiquing a play I would absolutely slam a show for that. But to me the most important thing in a musical is the actual music. I've only just listened the CD for the first time, but my first impression is favorable.

And don't forget that musicals, especially with rise of Vegas one-acters and juke bo

re: Tony Awards Scrap Best Replacement Award
 Jun 23 2006, 12:05:17 PM
Ticket to see a Broadway show: $100

Seeing a performance that wins a Tony: Unforgettable

Seeing a performance that wins a Replacement Tony: Pryceless

re: _____ ruined one of my favorite shows
 Jun 18 2006, 05:43:29 PM
I have to echo the comments about Sebastian Bach as Jesus (just typing that even feels wrong, I'll never forget the lip smacking on the cross to show how "parched" he was), Paul Stanley as Phantom (though Melissa Dye as Christine made the night memorable for a good reason too), and David Hasslehoff in J&H.

And I have to add Scary Spice as Mimi in Rent. After seeing the show on tour about ten times through the years I finally made it to NY in 2004 and got to see her in her first week.

re: What would be your sweetest Tony upset?
 Jun 10 2006, 02:35:40 PM
Feinnes over Griffiths, and all things Todd.
re: I love this Cast Recording?
 Jun 9 2006, 07:08:20 PM
I was really impressed by the Drowsy CD. I loved the show on stage, but wondered how well it would translate into a listenable recording. (my only regret is no sound effects of flash bulbs popping during Show Off)

Also since I just finished reading Son of a Witch I find myself putting in Wicked more often.

re: Stop with the Cell phones already
 Jun 4 2006, 11:20:47 AM
I'm sure most of us have heard the feedback when a cell gets too close to certain computer or electrical equipment. Have a machine to detect cells when people enter the theatre so they can't lie about not having them. Then have them checked. Yes the first six months or so after doing this will be a bitch and a half with the long line at the coat check window, but it would stop the large percentage of phones getting in and soon enough people would (maybe) get the hint that it's easier to leave
re: Best title of a musical
 May 30 2006, 06:59:49 PM
Ok not the cutest or best sounding, but in answer to Best Title I'd have to say "Parade"
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You