pixeltracker

2012 Drama Desk Noms - DEATH TAKES A HOLIDAY, FOLLIES Lead Pack

2012 Drama Desk Noms - DEATH TAKES A HOLIDAY, FOLLIES Lead Pack

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#22012 Drama Desk Nominations Announced - DEATH TAKES A HOLIDAY, FOLLIES, NICE WORK Lead Nominees!
Posted: 4/27/12 at 10:02am

Steve Kazee and Miloti were snubbed

....but the world goes 'round
Updated On: 4/27/12 at 10:02 AM

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#32012 Drama Desk Nominations Announced - DEATH TAKES A HOLIDAY, FOLLIES, NICE WORK Lead Nominees!
Posted: 4/27/12 at 10:03am

Feel so bad for Ghost.

However it's awesome to see Carrie get 5 noms, nearly every awards so far it has been nominated. Good for them.

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#42012 Drama Desk Nominations Announced - DEATH TAKES A HOLIDAY, FOLLIES, NICE WORK Lead Nominees!
Posted: 4/27/12 at 10:04am

God, these are an even bigger joke than the Outer Critics nominations. Once didn't get nominated for Actor (Kazee), Actress (Milioti), Lighting, Set, or Book? That's bizarre to me. How do Ricky Martin and Raul Esparza get nominated over Steve Kazee? A joke.

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#52012 Drama Desk Nominations Announced - DEATH TAKES A HOLIDAY, FOLLIES, NICE WORK Lead Nominees!
Posted: 4/27/12 at 10:06am

Ghost was completely shut out. I thought they would at least get something. Supporting actress, lighting, whatever.

ETA: it got a set nomination

....but the world goes 'round
Updated On: 4/27/12 at 10:06 AM

TheatreKid3
#62012 Drama Desk Nominations Announced - DEATH TAKES A HOLIDAY, FOLLIES, NICE WORK Lead Nominees!
Posted: 4/27/12 at 10:07am

LEAP OF FAITH got more nominations than both ONCE and NEWSIES? Seriously? Outer Critics' Circle isn't looking so bad now, is it?

NICE WORK continues to get nominations, but I don't see a lot of the those translating to actual wins. The show might get quite a few Tony noms, but the show is simply a highly "nominatable" show, especially in the acting department with the many characters that it has (compared to the other shows, especially the big two: ONCE and NEWSIES). But out of those, the only one I really see having a shot at winning is Judy Kaye. I don't really see NICE WORK winning that many awards, just getting a lot of nominations because it can. It is one of those awkward shows, if you know what I mean.

It's kind of like LOVE NEVER DIES in London, got the most Olivier Awards noms of the season, but didn't win a single one of them.

Updated On: 4/27/12 at 10:07 AM

songanddanceman2
#72012 Drama Desk Nominations Announced - DEATH TAKES A HOLIDAY, FOLLIES, NICE WORK Lead Nominees!
Posted: 4/27/12 at 10:07am

Why is it when we don't agree with nominations do we simply call the nominations a joke?

jdrye222 Profile Photo
jdrye222
#82012 Drama Desk Nominations Announced - DEATH TAKES A HOLIDAY, FOLLIES, NICE WORK Lead Nominees!
Posted: 4/27/12 at 10:08am

I don't understand how they left off Milioti and Kazee?!?

Also, didn't they used to have an orchestration category?

And WHY did Leap of Faith get recognized so many places?

Thrilled for Phillip Boykin, who I think gives the best performance I've seen this year.

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#92012 Drama Desk Nominations Announced - DEATH TAKES A HOLIDAY, FOLLIES, NICE WORK Lead Nominees!
Posted: 4/27/12 at 10:11am

No Outstanding Orchestrations category this year?

henrikegerman Profile Photo
henrikegerman
#102012 Drama Desk Nominations Announced - DEATH TAKES A HOLIDAY, FOLLIES, NICE WORK Lead Nominees!
Posted: 4/27/12 at 10:13am

Am I the only one who thinks the lyrics in Leap of Faith were far better than the music?

The Pud
#112012 Drama Desk Nominations Announced - DEATH TAKES A HOLIDAY, FOLLIES, NICE WORK Lead Nominees!
Posted: 4/27/12 at 10:14am

How is it that Nice Work If You Can Get It is not listed as a revival?

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#122012 Drama Desk Nominations Announced - DEATH TAKES A HOLIDAY, FOLLIES, NICE WORK Lead Nominees!
Posted: 4/27/12 at 10:15am

Why is it when we don't agree with nominations do we simply call the nominations a joke?

It's not that I don't agree with them. It's that a musical which was panned to depths of the Earth last night got more nominations than the best reviewed musical of the season. THAT is a joke.

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#132012 Drama Desk Nominations Announced - DEATH TAKES A HOLIDAY, FOLLIES, NICE WORK Lead Nominees!
Posted: 4/27/12 at 10:16am

How is it that Nice Work If You Can Get It is not listed as a revival?

Because it's NOT a revival... It's a new musical with old music.

songanddanceman2
#142012 Drama Desk Nominations Announced - DEATH TAKES A HOLIDAY, FOLLIES, NICE WORK Lead Nominees!
Posted: 4/27/12 at 10:21am

bjh2114 you are right about Leap of Faith, Ghost got better reviews and that was shut out except set, i was expecting Leap of Faith to get nothing.

Have to say it was nice to see Bonnie and Clyde get some love as well

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#152012 Drama Desk Nominations Announced - DEATH TAKES A HOLIDAY, FOLLIES, NICE WORK Lead Nominees!
Posted: 4/27/12 at 10:22am

Wow, Elena Roger is really not going to get a Tony nomination. How do you play Eva Peron and not get nominated? What an embarrassment. Well, it will be smooth sailing for Audra at the Tonys this year.

I find it incredibly odd that they ignored Kazee and Millioti, both of whom will surely be nominated for Tonys on Tuesday.

kadu335 Profile Photo
kadu335
#162012 Drama Desk Nominations Announced - DEATH TAKES A HOLIDAY, FOLLIES, NICE WORK Lead Nominees!
Posted: 4/27/12 at 10:24am

I didn't know Claybourne Elder was in a play this season (other than Bonnie & Clyde of course).

Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.

chewy5000 Profile Photo
chewy5000
#172012 Drama Desk Nominations Announced - DEATH TAKES A HOLIDAY, FOLLIES, NICE WORK Lead Nominees!
Posted: 4/27/12 at 10:28am

I suspect that Off-Broadway will be seeing a lot of love.

mmh1019 Profile Photo
mmh1019
#182012 Drama Desk Nominations Announced - DEATH TAKES A HOLIDAY, FOLLIES, NICE WORK Lead Nominees!
Posted: 4/27/12 at 10:35am

i've got to jump on the "how did steve and cristin not get nominated" bandwagon, everyone has had nothing but praise for their performances & having them seen them i can say it's true. also the lighting in what is spectacular, how did that not score a nomination either?!!

Markecib
#192012 Drama Desk Nominations Announced - DEATH TAKES A HOLIDAY, FOLLIES, NICE WORK Lead Nominees!
Posted: 4/27/12 at 10:39am

How were Steve Kazee and Cristin not nominated for "Once"? Total snub, way to much Leap of Faith nominated. Glad to see the Bonnie & Clyde Nominations and Patrick Pages Nomination.

MillieDillmount Profile Photo
MillieDillmount
#202012 Drama Desk Nominations Announced - DEATH TAKES A HOLIDAY, FOLLIES, NICE WORK Lead Nominees!
Posted: 4/27/12 at 10:40am

I am thrilled for Bonnie and Clyde to get four nominations! I am SO happy Melissa van der Schyff's Blanche is still being remembered, she deserves both nominations she received so far (Outer Crtics Circle as well) and I'm expecting her to get a Tony nomination on Tuesday. If you hated Bonnie and Clyde, or loved it, you still can't deny Melissa's talents. She gave such a heartbreaking, moving performance each night. I'm very happy right now! :)

ChildrenwillListen
#212012 Drama Desk Nominations Announced - DEATH TAKES A HOLIDAY, FOLLIES, NICE WORK Lead Nominees!
Posted: 4/27/12 at 10:41am

I'm actually pretty surprised by these nominations as are most people

sundayclothes2
#222012 Drama Desk Nominations Announced - DEATH TAKES A HOLIDAY, FOLLIES, NICE WORK Lead Nominees!
Posted: 4/27/12 at 10:44am

Surprised at the LOP noms!

Updated On: 5/27/12 at 10:44 AM

kyl3fong2 Profile Photo
kyl3fong2
#232012 Drama Desk Nominations Announced - DEATH TAKES A HOLIDAY, FOLLIES, NICE WORK Lead Nominees!
Posted: 4/27/12 at 10:46am

No Da'Vine Joy Randolph for GHOST? 2012 Drama Desk Nominations Announced - DEATH TAKES A HOLIDAY, FOLLIES, NICE WORK Lead Nominees!

Happy to see the Bonnie & Clyde recognition on here though.

SonofRobbieJ Profile Photo
SonofRobbieJ
#242012 Drama Desk Nominations Announced - DEATH TAKES A HOLIDAY, FOLLIES, NICE WORK Lead Nominees!
Posted: 4/27/12 at 10:49am

Can someone confirm for me that Sons of the Prophet didn't get a Best Play nom because Karam was given a special award to recognize it?