News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Derek2

Member Name: Derek2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Wicked in LA
 Oct 15 2006, 07:07:48 PM
Hey, I've looked about and cant seem to find anything. Does anyone know when the tickets are supposed to go on sale to the general public? i know its available for certain groups currently. any info would help. thanks alot :)
re: Longest 'Belt' by A Male or Female Broadway Performer?
 Jul 22 2006, 10:53:22 AM
i know we dont all love wicked lol, but i do remember near the end of her run, idina would hold out "is ever gonna bring meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee down!" for a verrrry long time. it usually started a standing ovation. at least at the performance i was at. i have also heard from others the same comment. thats pretty high up there (both vocally and the fact that she is 60 ft in the air standing on a tiny little platform). to me it doesnt seem too easy. i give everyone on broadway alot of credit.
re: 1776
 Jul 20 2006, 08:21:13 PM
I recently did this show and played john adams. tough tough tough show to do. u really have to be in every moment. it really comes through to u when u think about how important the situation really is. i love the show. it can be a tad long, but its worth it. i love the score too. i actually wish there were more songs. is anybody there is my favorite. i loved performing it. anyway, back in the 60's, singing was as important as it is today, especially on broadway. it was mostly geared toward actin
re: OFFICIAL BRYANT PARK 2006 BWAY PERFORMANCES THREAD
 Jul 20 2006, 08:15:10 PM
i saw today. it was amazing. everyone was wonderful. shout was so cute. i loved the girls! the color purple was amazing too! the understudys are great! "im here" sounded awesome. they were very into their performance and very energetic. saycons the wizard and i was the best!!! she is a wonder. sooooo talented. what a voice. wicked was my favorite. it was all great! i love broadway. i really liked the phantom understudy too. not an easy song at all (music of the night) and he sounded beautiful! g
re: LA Wicked sit down
 Jul 5 2006, 08:16:06 PM
wow. we are all hearing different things lol. i heard that kristy cates was going to be hopefully moved to broadway to play elphaba when eden finishes in october also. i also heard that julia murney was going to open the LA sitdown, also with kendra, while victoria matlock took over the tour (following shoshana and edens run). i have absolutely no idea now lol. o well, its all good.
re: 1776 question (Happy 230th Birthday, America!)
 Jul 4 2006, 01:45:06 PM
I was actually JUST thinking about this. Thats very interesting. I absolutely love this show! I think its so under appreciated.
re: Who else watches 1776 every year?
 Jul 3 2006, 08:10:33 PM
I did the show this year and i am actually getting my family together to watch it! I think its a great idea. Its such a great show!
re: Most overwhelming audience reaction?
 Jul 3 2006, 03:12:41 AM
On January 5th 2005, I saw Wicked with Idina. It was a few nights before the end of her run. She sang Defying Gravity (like she usually does lol). Anyway, when she sang "It's meeee!" the audience went wild. Not only that, on her first "ever gonna bring meeee down", she held out the "me" forever. The audience stood up then and there and began clapping. It was great. She started crying then. I loved it. Also, at the end of The Color Purple the audience went pretty wild as well.
re: Eden Answers Your Questions
 Jun 29 2006, 01:52:06 AM
Ive seen / heard all of the elphabas. they are all very talented and very nice too. i havent come across one that wasnt kind. they all want the best...and in the end, they are doing it. theyre up there defying gravity nightly so i really dont think they care at all what goes on here lol. anyway, they are all very talented. unless anyone has been a lead in a broadway show and knows what its like to go up in front of thousand of people in a very vocally demanding show, i dont think they should be
re: Long first acts
 Jun 27 2006, 01:12:00 PM
I was john adams in 1776 last year, and we did it with the intermission (following "mama look sharp"). But i do remember the first act being very long, especially the 3rd scene which was about 20 minutes of dialogue. Its really a play with songs, not really a musical. still wonderful though :)
re: Broadway Flops you enjoyed.
 Jun 27 2006, 01:09:38 PM
I LOVED Dance of The Vampires! I also loved the broadway production of Little Shop of Horrors. Not sure if that was a flop though.
re: Stephanie Block concert question
 Jun 27 2006, 01:07:18 PM
thanks! o i will lol. :)
Stephanie Block concert question
 Jun 27 2006, 12:07:03 PM
Hey. I'm going to see her tonight. I heard she was great last night. Does anyone here know exactly what songs she'll be performing? Other than "Making Good" from Wicked? Thanks!!

PS- I'll def. write a review tomorrow :)

re: BROADWAY UNDER THE STARS AMAZING!
 Jun 27 2006, 01:44:21 AM
I was there as well! Great show! I was sitting towards the back, but not as far back as others. It was sooooo crowded. People really need to learn how to get off their cell phones and try to be somewhat quiet. The sound went in and out. When it was in, it was fantastic! I thought everyone did a great job tonight! Bebe was my favoirte. Her voice isnt that wonderful, but theres just something about her. I was surprised to see Liza, but it was great! I also sat right near Kate Reinders and Jenna Le
re: Stephanie J. Block In Concert at Birdland, Monday & Tuesday @ 7pm
 Jun 21 2006, 03:21:03 PM
Im going! Soooo excited. I love this girl! Ill post a review! :)
re: shoshana bean riffs
 Jun 18 2006, 08:10:31 PM
I think it was mid-way through her run. Towards the end is when she made her songs one giant riff lol. Which I actually enjoyed. I love all the Elphabas and what they do with the part. :)
Jessica Grove / WIcked
 Jun 18 2006, 08:08:26 PM
I was just reading that Jessica Grove (Dorothy in MSG's The Wizard of Oz, Broadways Les Miz and Thoroughly Modern Millie) was called back a few times for the original company of Wicked. I think for the part of Nessarose. Where I was reading it, the interviewer said "dont be surprised if we see her in this show in the near future anyway". That got me thinking. This girl is amazing. Pure talent. Does anyone else think she could be Nessa. I could totally see her. Maybe even the next Elphaba standby
Wicked June 14 Review
 Jun 15 2006, 01:09:10 AM
So...

I have seen Wicked 3 times prior. Twice with Idina and once with Shoshana. All three times were amazing! Idina was the original and therefore had a certain magic about her. Not to mention a loud brassy set of pipes. Shoshana was loud, belty, and poppy, which I also loved! She def. had the coolest twist on Elphaba. I am pleased to say that I can add Ms. Eden Espinosa to my list! This girl can do it all! Her acting was dead on, and her voice...there are no words. Her Defying Gravity

re: Is anyone going to see Wicked in NY tomorrow night (6.14)???
 Jun 13 2006, 06:52:47 PM
Ill be sure to give everyone a blow by blow :)
Is anyone going to see Wicked in NY tomorrow night (6.14)???
 Jun 13 2006, 03:22:57 PM
Hi. I'm going to see Wicked in NYC tomorrow. I was just wondering if anyone else is going to be there from this board :) It would be nice to meet some other theatre / wicked lovers!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You