News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for de_lovely

de_lovely Profile Photo
Member Name: de_lovely
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Monsoon wedding  May 10 2017, 01:41:25 PM

Saw this last night. Was so hoping it would be great (I actually really enjoyed Amelie at the rep!). But phew, it was so so bad. The people sitting next to me left at intermission. Kind of wish I had. And definitely wish I hadn't used my limited professional student budget on this.

It was lucky they make the last number a clap along and get up from your seat number because otherwise, even in today's standing ovation for everything environment, I don't think they wo

Dr Zhivago Will Have A Cast Album  Jul 31 2015, 10:57:58 PM

Awwwww boo. That Watch the Moon reprise was my favorite moment of the show- for some reason I was really touched by it. Bummed it isn't on there!

Oh well- otherwise I am very happy with this recording! I think everyone sounds great- especially Tam Mutu. I actually like him on the recording much more than I liked him live. 

Dr Zhivago Will Have A Cast Album  Jul 31 2015, 06:51:38 PM

I remember from the show there being a sweet reprise of Watch the Moon sung in the second act. I didn't hear it on the recording when I listened through today, but admittedly I was doing other stuff while listening. Did anyone catch where/if it is in the recording?

Theater in San Francisco  Jun 12 2015, 08:41:43 PM

Hi guys,

I'm moving to SF soon from the NY area, and I want to know what theater I should make sure to see.

- Should I subscribe to the Berkeley Rep? With their 50% student discount, seems like a good deal if the shows are usually good.

- I'm less interested in SHN's tours, as I saw all those shows on broadway and am only interested in seeing 1 or 2 again on tour. Do they often have student tickets or do rush for these touring productions?

- W

#TeamRotten Something Rotten offering Free Tickets to Dress plus 150 prizes  Jun 12 2015, 07:21:10 PM

I won a poster too!! Thanks for all the link clicking everyone =)

Dr Zhivago Will Have A Cast Album  May 28 2015, 06:44:04 AM

I'm so excited for this that I added an alert to my calendar so I don't forget! I cannot WAIT to get a chance to fully digest this score. Yes yes yes yes yes!!

Roundabout Apologizes with Free OTTC Recording!  May 24 2015, 09:17:52 PM

Today I checked my mail to find a package from Roundabout Theatre Company. I was confused when I opened it and saw the 2-Disc recording of On the Twentieth Century. At first I panicked and thought I had ordered a physical copy in my sleep sometime earlier this year, but then I saw the note!

"Dear ---,

Please accept this CD as a gift from Roundabout Theatre Company for your February 21st, 2015 cancelled performance of On the 20th Century! Enjoy the CD! Have

Tony Yazbek Sings  May 17 2015, 08:08:34 PM

Agreed! Most delightful broadway related thing I've watched in awhile. And such a lovely view of nyc in the warm weather!

American in Paris: $30 Tkts?  May 14 2015, 06:51:14 PM

I sat in the center of the balcony, second row- those seats are truly awful and I think it's partly why I did not enjoy this show. I suspect the projections looks better when you're not looking straight down.

If you want to see this show, spring for the nicer seats I'd say.

Hand to God - Rush or TDF  May 6 2015, 05:58:33 PM

My TDF seat for a Sunday evening show was last row (row P) of the left orchestra. The theater is so small though that it was a GREAT seat.

ZHIVAGO is Closing on Sunday  May 5 2015, 07:03:45 PM

@VintageSnarker- I walked up to the box office last Saturday at 5pm and got a rush ticket for the 8pm. Front row (the stage is very high so this is not the best place to see the show, but I loved sitting there actually).

I have a weird affection for this show, like I did for Pirate Queen. I'm thinking I must have a soft spot for 'beautiful music + long historical plot.' 

Finding Neverland Cheap Ticket Options?  May 5 2015, 07:40:53 AM

I walked up to the box office two hours before a matinee and asked for a rush ticket or standing room. They were out of rush tickets and weren't sold out yet to sell standing room, but the person at the box office sold me a rear mezz ticket at rush price. 

So they seem pretty flexible.

AN AMERICAN IN PARIS Previews  Apr 11 2015, 05:45:54 PM

Saw the matinee today. Really wanted to like this, but definitely the most bored I have been in a very long time. Every musical number seemed to seep life out of the show, and they managed to make even Gershwin tunes I love boring. I found On the Town infinitely more engaging. In my opinion, by far the worst musical opening this spring (but have yet to see Neverland and ISBY). 

I exclude the second act ballet from my criticism- that was absolutely captivating. S

Do NOT Do Standing Room For FINDING NEVERLAND  Apr 8 2015, 05:46:53 PM

Lol, oh man I am so sorry. Do you think it was especially bad because you were at the matinee?

I was at the Saturday matinee of the King and I last week, and while it wasn't as bad as what you have described, there was A TON OF CRUNCHING AND BAG OPENING. I was so shocked that parents were dumb enough to give their kids chips and bags of pretzels. I attributed it all to the Saturday matinee though. 

DOCTOR ZHIVAGO Previews  Apr 7 2015, 07:24:23 PM

The kids appear for about 2 minutes at the very beginning and a minute at the end. They sing a tiny bit, but basically not at all. NOTHING like the amount of stage time the kids have in matilda. EDIT: Sorry Zhivago's son is onstage for the middle of the show. But he does pretty much nothing.

Jordan- do the rush during previews- it's cheap and easy. I can see why some people abhor this show, but I enjoyed myself. Admittedly I had a soft spot for Pirate Queen as

DOCTOR ZHIVAGO Previews  Apr 7 2015, 06:53:39 PM

Oh I hadn't even noticed the similarity in the promotional posters! Nice!

I was thinking about how they're both long musicals with historically based plots that follow characters over their lives. They're both extremely earnest and focus on romantic relationships. They also both have some really beautiful songs. And ultimately they're both going to bore a significant portion of the audience. 

Also they both resorted to literally lighting the stage on

DOCTOR ZHIVAGO Previews  Apr 7 2015, 06:11:33 PM

Any news on if Mutu is back tonight? 

Also does this remind anyone else of Pirate Queen?

DOCTOR ZHIVAGO Previews  Apr 6 2015, 03:40:40 PM

Saw the show Sunday night. I thought the music was truly very beautiful. I look forward to the cast recording. Bradley Dean has a lovely voice, and kind of suspect that the only thing I missed out on was Tam Mutu's ridiculous attractiveness. I saw this after seeing Something Rotten, and the earnestness was refreshing actually. Even if it is too long and a bit melodramatic. Those photo projections are so random and need to go. 

I agree with broadwayfan24 about the vio

DOCTOR ZHIVAGO Previews  Apr 5 2015, 10:25:30 AM

Andddddd to bring it back- any word on who will be going on for Zhivago for the performances today?

I just checked the fb and twitter show accounts- nothing there.

Something Rotten Previews  Apr 4 2015, 11:48:09 PM

Saw it tonight! I've been in LOVE with the advertising (so funny!), and honestly I was expecting the show to be completely that kind of humor. So when it was not, I was a little let down. It's like when the trailers are better than the movie. However, I still enjoyed myself. Christian Borle is a god. 

I think this will be a hit. But I have no desire to go back and see it again. I agree with goldenboy that it seeks to entertain, and it does that well. But beyond that, there's n

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You