News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ThereIs1Director

Member Name: ThereIs1Director
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Douglas Hodge - LA CAGE AUX FOLLES
 Aug 25 2010, 09:56:34 AM
We had tickets for a Friday night when Douglas Hodge was out. We were able to get an exchange for another date with no problem, so shouldn't be a problem.
re: Chess From Royal Albert Hall - Review
 Jun 17 2009, 10:17:48 PM
Its not PBS its a problem with the mastering and engineering. Its the same way on the DVD, and I understand that it was even worse in the hall.
re: Chess From Royal Albert Hall - Review
 Jun 17 2009, 10:12:32 PM
I Still Think This is Sir Tim's Best shot at the book, but I have to digress and say, just sing the songs, leave everything else out.
Chess From Royal Albert Hall - Review
 Jun 15 2009, 08:59:41 AM
I havent posted in years, but I happen to be lucky enough to get a copy of Chess on DVD yesterday and thought I would post a review.

Having been a fan of the show for many years, its been a long time coming that this book finally got the fix it deserved from Sir Tim Rice and I must say he has finally has developed a functional book that works and makes complete sense.

It was so great to finally hear much of the original concept and the American version working together. There i

re: Hairspray Screening Disaster - New Line Responds to the Plebians
 Jul 24 2007, 08:16:40 PM
haha what a dumb ass. He gave up an audition to see a movie for free - when he could have spent $10 a day or 2 later. If he went to the audition and got the part, he could have afforded it.

Case dismissed. What a loser.

re: RENT Adam and Anthony!!!
 Jul 13 2007, 08:02:36 AM

re: Drowsy Chaperone - Won the Lottery and thoughts
 May 24 2007, 07:56:31 AM
what a bunch of Moron's you people are. Show is brilliant, just brilliant. Stick with Rent or something that is more of a thinker.

re: Stage Seats for Equus
 Jan 31 2007, 11:51:41 PM
you people are all missing the point. This piece of theatre is perhaps the most brilliantly written script for the stage. If you dont know the script, and you dont know the story, you have no right making judgements about the fact that a 17 year old actor from a bunch of crappy childrens movies is being paraded around in naked pictures aimed at pedofiles.

The nudity is needed to complete the vulnerability in the script. This play, and this production in particular is not based around

re: Seeing Equus With My 8 Year Old Niece and Nephew
 Jan 30 2007, 11:08:19 AM
Although Equus is one of the most brilliant works of contemporary theatre, bringing an 8 year old would be sick. This isn't Harry Potter, this is intense story, language and action in this play. An 8 year old would never comprehend Shaffer's dialoge, as many older folks do not...(the dialogue with no changes is very British) so why bother. If this production is done correctly, your 8 year old niece and nephew will have nightmares for weeks.
re: Jonathan Larson
 Jan 25 2007, 07:15:01 PM
what a shame. just a crying shame.
re: Drowsy Chaperone (was it me?)
 Jan 23 2007, 11:37:27 AM
Show is absolutely brilliant. Perhaps the best thing on broadway at the time. Let me guess, your favorite shows are Wicked and Rent. Expand your mind. Brilliant, absolutely brilliant.

2 CHENO TICKETS AVAILABLE
 Jan 19 2007, 04:56:31 PM
Zepka and I have 2 tickets for Kristin Chenoweth tonight that we are not using. They are dead center in the Dress Circle. I am willing to sell them for face value - $80.00 each.

If you are interested, pvt me back. We would need to meet at Lincoln Center around 715.

Cheno Tickets
 Jan 18 2007, 05:39:07 PM
I have an extra pair of Kristin Chenoweth tickets for Tomorrow Nights Concert at the Met. They are in the dress Circle, Dead Center. If anyone is interested, send me an email or PVT Message me. Thanks
re: The Apple Tree Box Office
 Dec 19 2006, 07:16:54 PM
like most of the people in NY think...you should go away. Go back to your Disney Stage Door Stalking Shows...they are the only ones someone with an IQ as low as yours can comprehend.

re: THE TIMES... on the View
 Oct 25 2006, 01:38:58 PM
Truth be told, the show is a nightmare. The blocking is bad, the choreography is not on par with Twyla's usual masterpiece and the plot...well there is no plot. I still dont think that should take away from an excellent performance.

When you are in a show, and lucky enough to be working, sometimes you have to play the hand you are dealt. In this situation, Michael was dealt a whole bunch of jokers, but he makes the best of it.

I disagree that Like A Rolling stone sounds un l

Oct 25 2006, 11:57:09 AM
Hes SICK!

Oct 25 2006, 11:55:11 AM
Michael is very sick. I talked to him last night. He NAILS them in the show. I wouldnt take what you saw too much into consideration.

re: Top 10 favorite Tony Award performances
 Oct 16 2006, 11:46:18 AM
We'll Take A Glass Together with Michael Jeter and Brent Barrett was perhaps the best dance number in Tony Awards History. Although typically I am not a fan of Tommy Tune, I cant think of anything off hand besides that performance that makes me want to stand and applaud for hours. Brilliant, just plain Brilliant!
re: Times They Are A Changin' songs
 Oct 11 2006, 06:36:37 PM
that is accurate and Rainy Day Women is definetly included.

re: Robber Bridegroom on Showtime
 Sep 21 2006, 10:06:32 AM
one of the most shows to put on...Love to see a video of the original production. I love Barry Bostwick.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You