Ant254
#2re: Hairspray Screening Disaster - New Line Responds to the Plebians
Posted: 7/24/07 at 5:32pm

I Tried To Write to New Line Cinema but it would never go through

JRybka Profile Photo
JRybka
#2re: Hairspray Screening Disaster - New Line Responds to the Plebians
Posted: 7/24/07 at 5:43pm

WOW! That is very nice of them. They really could have said nothing but they are going to let people see the movie for free now on another night. Good for them.

"Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport. General opinion's starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that. It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there - fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge - they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around."

daspazoo
#3re: Hairspray Screening Disaster - New Line Responds to the Plebians
Posted: 7/24/07 at 6:08pm

Odd...I wrote NewLine an e-mail as well, but I did not get ANY response...

CHRIS

...this bird is singing.
Updated On: 7/24/07 at 06:08 PM

Miss B. L. T. Down Profile Photo
Miss B. L. T. Down
#4re: Hairspray Screening Disaster - New Line Responds to the Plebians
Posted: 7/24/07 at 6:15pm

That's nice but they should promise to fix all future Evites so this misunderstanding doesn't happen again. Do they even care about WHY they screw up happened?

Love Changes NOTHING

Miss B. L. T. Down
#5re: Hairspray Screening Disaster - New Line Responds to the Plebians
Posted: 7/24/07 at 6:15pm

PS

I didn't get a response either.

Love Changes NOTHING

SueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
#6re: Hairspray Screening Disaster - New Line Responds to the Plebians
Posted: 7/24/07 at 6:19pm

Miss BLT Brown, is that the spoiled girl from Willy Wonka in your av? Because that would be very fitting with your attitude.
I WANT IT NOWWWWWW!!!!!!

PEACE.

cubanpab Profile Photo
cubanpab
#7re: Hairspray Screening Disaster - New Line Responds to the Plebians
Posted: 7/24/07 at 6:24pm

That was very gracious of them Sueleen... :) glad they got back to you

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#8re: Hairspray Screening Disaster - New Line Responds to the Plebians
Posted: 7/24/07 at 6:24pm

I didn't get a response either. I hope nothing goes wrong with the free passes like the eVites did. They'll probably give you what is in "The Last Mimzy" DVD.

Miss B. L. T. Down
#9re: Hairspray Screening Disaster - New Line Responds to the Plebians
Posted: 7/24/07 at 6:32pm

SueleenGay, her name is Veruca Salt. I'm sorry that you're so unknowledgeable about movie musicals. re: Hairspray Screening Disaster - New Line Responds to the Plebians You're missing out on some great films.

As someone who works in PR, mistakes don't tick off the public so much. What makes people much angrier is when a company makes a mistake, shows no understanding of why it happened and then makes no effort to improve whatever misunderstandings led to the mistake. Everyone screws up. Only exceptional companies pinpoint where the screw up happened and work to prevent it from happening again.

Love Changes NOTHING

Flaunt It
#10re: Hairspray Screening Disaster - New Line Responds to the Plebians
Posted: 7/24/07 at 6:33pm

Maybe the next evite needs to say "Does not guarantee admission.. WE REALLY REALLY MEAN THIS! NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU THINK THESE WARNINGS DON'T APPLY TO YOU, THEY REALLY DO!!! THIS MEANS YOU, MORON!"
Updated On: 7/24/07 at 06:33 PM

Miss B. L. T. Down
#11re: Hairspray Screening Disaster - New Line Responds to the Plebians
Posted: 7/24/07 at 6:35pm

No. The next evites need to remove the words "First come first serve so arrive early."

Love Changes NOTHING

Flaunt It
#12re: Hairspray Screening Disaster - New Line Responds to the Plebians
Posted: 7/24/07 at 6:38pm

I think the "Does not guarantee admission" summed it up nicely.

Miss B. L. T. Down
#13re: Hairspray Screening Disaster - New Line Responds to the Plebians
Posted: 7/24/07 at 6:42pm

If that was ALL that was printed on the evite, yes, but it wasn't, so no. re: Hairspray Screening Disaster - New Line Responds to the Plebians

"Screening pass does not guarantee admission" was directly followed by "Theatre seating is limited to theatre capacity, and is on a first-come, first-serve basis"

They didn't limit seating due to theatre capacity and it wasn't done on a first-come, first-serve basis.

Love Changes NOTHING

kazacalo Profile Photo
kazacalo
#14re: Hairspray Screening Disaster - New Line Responds to the Plebians
Posted: 7/24/07 at 6:51pm

I got the e mail too. It said pass had to be used by August 19th.

COOOOLkid
#15re: Hairspray Screening Disaster - New Line Responds to the Plebians
Posted: 7/24/07 at 7:06pm

Dude, Flaunt It, drop it. We don't need to start another argument in this thread.

"Hey, you! You're the worst thing to happen to musical theatre since Andrew Lloyd Webber!" -Family Guy

Ivan the Wonderful Profile Photo
Ivan the Wonderful
#16re: Hairspray Screening Disaster - New Line Responds to the Plebians
Posted: 7/24/07 at 7:47pm

This guy I know is thinking about sueing them. He not only waited in line for hours, he gave up an audition for a national commercial to be there. Do you think he has a case?

"you freakin freaks. get a ****in life. theres more to life than this stupid website." stage manager 2

kazacalo Profile Photo
kazacalo
#17re: Hairspray Screening Disaster - New Line Responds to the Plebians
Posted: 7/24/07 at 7:52pm

No. It was his choice.

Ivan the Wonderful
#18re: Hairspray Screening Disaster - New Line Responds to the Plebians
Posted: 7/24/07 at 7:57pm

But they did not live up to there end of the deal. His neighbor is a lawyer and he is going to help him for free. If he had got that commercial he would have made a lot of money. It was for McDonalds.

"you freakin freaks. get a ****in life. theres more to life than this stupid website." stage manager 2

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#19re: Hairspray Screening Disaster - New Line Responds to the Plebians
Posted: 7/24/07 at 8:11pm

A national commercial or seeing Hairspray a few days early, hmm?

Sorry -but he made a bad decision...even if he had seen the movie.

"Zac is sweet as can be. He's very much just a sweet kid from California who happens to have a face that looks like it was drawn by Michelangelo, (if Michelangelo did anime)."
-Adam Shankman.

"I haven't left this building since Windows 3.1!"

"Celebrating a birthday this week: Rene Descartes is 412! Do you know who he is? Then why are you watching this show? You could probably get into college and even get one of those job things. As for the rest of us; Amanda Bynes is 22! Yay!"
-E!'s "The Soup"

ThereIs1Director
#20re: Hairspray Screening Disaster - New Line Responds to the Plebians
Posted: 7/24/07 at 8:16pm

haha what a dumb ass. He gave up an audition to see a movie for free - when he could have spent $10 a day or 2 later. If he went to the audition and got the part, he could have afforded it.

Case dismissed. What a loser.
Updated On: 7/24/07 at 08:16 PM

jimnysf
#21re: Hairspray Screening Disaster - New Line Responds to the Plebians
Posted: 7/24/07 at 8:33pm

I've heard NOTHING from these people!

"I've lost everything! Luis, Marty, my baby with Chris, Chris himself, James. All I ever wanted was love." --Sheridan Crane "Passions" ------- "Housework is like bad sex. Every time I do it, I swear I'll never do it again til the next time company comes."--"Lulu" from "Can't Stop The Music" ----- "When the right doors didn't open for him, he went through the wrong ones" - "Sweet Bird of Youth" ------------ --------- "Passions" is uncancelled! See NBC.com for more info.

artscallion Profile Photo
artscallion
#22re: Hairspray Screening Disaster - New Line Responds to the Plebians
Posted: 7/24/07 at 8:41pm

Did you include your address in your email? maybe they don't need to contact you. Maybe they're just sending the voucher.

Art has a double face, of expression and illusion.

Ivan the Wonderful
#23re: Hairspray Screening Disaster - New Line Responds to the Plebians
Posted: 7/24/07 at 9:01pm

He didn't have the job yet just a audition. He is an ass, thought. He is really fat and I doubt McDonald's would want him for the part anyway. They don't want fat people in their ads. Anyway his dream role is Edna and so he wanted to see the movie as soon as he could. He might get more money than he ever would have if he had gone to the audition.

Flaunt It
#24re: Hairspray Screening Disaster - New Line Responds to the Plebians
Posted: 7/24/07 at 9:03pm

THere were no damages so there is no case.