News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for sondwisenheimer

sondwisenheimer Profile Photo
Member Name: sondwisenheimer
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Songs with a 'stolen' ending
 Jun 23 2006, 03:10:47 PM
How about "No One is Alone" and "The Candy Man?"

(apologies, Mr. Sondheim)

re: Walked out of INISHMORE...
 Jun 23 2006, 03:04:14 PM
So glad to hear that about the attendance. Nothing against "History Boys," but in my opinion, this is far and away the best play on Broadway right now.
Bored by Sondheim shows?
 Jun 23 2006, 11:47:25 AM
Flawed or not, his musicals give an audience member more lasting resonance and meaning to take away than anyone else's.

That being said, I saw the original cast perform "Passion" on Broadway, which I thought was one of the most thrilling, moving, brilliant things I had ever seen.

Last year I saw a regional production of the same show, and found it not only boring, but unintentionally hilarious in many spots. When a work is that layered and complex, direction and acting are rea

re: You're Gonna Love Me
 Jun 23 2006, 11:35:14 AM
What I was blown away by in seeing Jennifer Holiday perform this in its entirety for the first time in a long while was the staging that divided and built the song physically as it built musically and emotionally. Michael Bennett was truly a genius. I wish he were still around.
re: Songs with a 'stolen' ending
 Jun 23 2006, 11:15:15 AM
At least Ashman and Menken were stealing from themselves in that case.
re: Am I the only one who thinks...
 Jun 22 2006, 09:51:59 AM
I think, therefore I thwim.
re: Judy in Sweeney Reviews
 Jun 22 2006, 09:46:59 AM
I'm so happy to see this kind of response. She's really an incredible performer. I'll be seeing her in August as well.

re: Favorite Sondheim
 Jun 22 2006, 09:31:57 AM
I truly find that different shows of his manage to be my favorites depending on what I'm experiencing in my life at any specific time.
re: Merman's Ghost
 Jun 22 2006, 09:28:48 AM
Ah, Dick Tracy and Audrey Hepburn. What a team.
re: Beyonce's Acting in Dreamgirls
 Jun 19 2006, 06:47:03 PM
I think she'll be perfect. It's the one piece of casting for this film that made absolute sense to me the second I heard it. I hope they do the piece justice.
re: Broadway Question Game
 Jun 19 2006, 06:40:41 PM
Orange, but only because Bea Arthur insisted.

Next question:

Where did this nice idea all go wrong?

re: Judy in Sweeney Pics
 Jun 19 2006, 06:18:21 PM
Having seen her perform many times, I think she'll be great. Part of the fun of seeing different actresses perform this role is that it's largely up to them how manipulative and co-conspiratorial they make the character. She won't be Patti, but then, Patti wasn't Angela Lansbury or Dorothy Loudon, either - both of whom were also brilliant.
re: McMartin, Stillman, Potts Join Ebersol and Wilson in Grey Gardens
 Jun 19 2006, 03:05:47 PM
I agree that recasting that role will be an improvement.
re: Carol Burnette as Mrs Lovette in Sweeney?
 Jun 19 2006, 02:59:39 PM
Patti Lupone - Lovett

Bill Smitrovich - Sweeney

Kellie Martin - Johanna

Chad Lowe - Anthony

Chris "Corky" Burke - Tobias

re: Prudish dad can't handle Big River
 Jun 19 2006, 02:48:09 PM
Wow, everything that children see acted out onstage in a show with a far-removed setting and a specific moral message is suddenly "...validated as somehow socially acceptable?" I guess we'll have to remove the Big Bad Wolf from "The Three Little Pigs." And what about those stepsisters in "Cinderella?"

Children have a gift this gentleman doesn't posess: the ability to place a character's actions in the context of a story. Besides, I for one want children to know the ugly, hurtful hist

re: Harvey @ Lieutenant of Inishmore Tonight
 Jun 16 2006, 12:49:58 AM
Much as I loved "History Boys," this show just keeps staying in my mind far more. Absolutely brilliant.
re: DOLLY can't seem to dance !
 Jun 16 2006, 12:43:35 AM
Bummer, but I'm still going to see it. Choreography is only a small part of what I personally want to see "Dolly" for. I particularly want to see this production because I've absolutely loved Tovah Feldshuh in everything I've seen her in. Can't wait.
re: Neil Patrick Harris on Regis and Kelly
 Jun 15 2006, 05:02:44 PM
Wait, does this mean "Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle" is fiction?
re: Phylicia Rashad in 'Into the Woods'
 Jun 15 2006, 04:52:55 PM
I saw her do the role. She was terrific. I especially remember the soulful, rhythmic vibe she gave the "greens, greens, and nothing but greens. Parsley, peppers..." sequence. I also thought Cleo Lane was great in the tour.
re: Bill Irwin on Great Performances
 Jun 15 2006, 03:27:21 PM
I saw it last night. It was absolutely wonderful. I was really struck by how well filmed so many of his live performances were. Anyone know if they were archival, or if a lot of his shows were broadcast?
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You