pixeltracker

Neil Patrick Harris on Regis and Kelly

Neil Patrick Harris on Regis and Kelly

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#0Neil Patrick Harris on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 6/14/06 at 9:27am

Right now.

Edit -- it was short, but cute. They talked a lot about theatre.

A work of art is an invitation to love.
Updated On: 6/14/06 at 09:27 AM

Johnnytoc
#1re: Neil Patrick Harris on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 6/14/06 at 9:48am

I saw it, he's awesome.

erinrebecca
#2re: Neil Patrick Harris on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 6/14/06 at 10:04am

He's adorable. I saw him, and David, eating at a restaurant in the city a couple of weeks ago.

DBillyP Profile Photo
DBillyP
#3re: Neil Patrick Harris on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 6/14/06 at 10:41am

David?

"I am open, and I am willing, For to be hopeless would seem so strange. It dishonors those who go before us, So lift me up to the light of change." Holly Near

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#4re: Neil Patrick Harris on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 6/14/06 at 11:21am

His BF.
Liz Smith outed him in her column Tuesday.

cate_w
#5re: Neil Patrick Harris on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 6/14/06 at 11:25am

It was good to see him, but Rita Wilson was supposed to be on talking about Chicago. I was really looking forward to her.

DBillyP Profile Photo
DBillyP
#6re: Neil Patrick Harris on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 6/14/06 at 1:25pm

David Gest?

"I am open, and I am willing, For to be hopeless would seem so strange. It dishonors those who go before us, So lift me up to the light of change." Holly Near

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#7re: Neil Patrick Harris on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 6/14/06 at 1:29pm

Burtka

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

bare_nakedlady Profile Photo
bare_nakedlady
#8re: Neil Patrick Harris on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 6/14/06 at 1:40pm

Liz Smith writes for who? Is their a copy of her coloumn online?

"It's like children's theatre for 40-year old gay people!" - XANADU THE MUSICAL

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#9re: Neil Patrick Harris on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 6/14/06 at 1:41pm

ny post

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

DBillyP Profile Photo
DBillyP
#10re: Neil Patrick Harris on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 6/14/06 at 1:43pm

Whew! That is a much sexier couple than Neil and David Gest!

re: Neil Patrick Harris on Regis and Kelly

EugLoven Profile Photo
EugLoven
#11re: Neil Patrick Harris on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 6/14/06 at 2:42pm

Not that it's a big deal or anything, but that really made my morning! I've been lovin' Neil's work for going on 5 years now (ever since I saw him at Toby in SF) and said to myself, the only thing that'd make this young man even more remarkable (in my book) is if he was on my team. Score one!

Now, to go Google Image Search this David Burtka... :)

EDIT: Oh no way! He was in "Opposite of Sex" in SF? Damn, the reasons to get mad at myself for not seeing it just keep adding up! He's a cutey and Wikipedia said he had a bit part on "How I Met Your Mother"...? More like "How I Met My Boyfriend"

EDIT EDIT: Hahaha and now I'm thinking about that bit role he had on "Will and Grace" where he played an ex-gay. How beautifully ironic.

Carry on.

Updated On: 6/14/06 at 02:42 PM

gymman Profile Photo
gymman
#12re: Neil Patrick Harris on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 6/14/06 at 2:54pm

thanks--every time I refer to him as "gay" here, some nut case accuses me of outing him
he's out

boxers7 Profile Photo
boxers7
#13re: Neil Patrick Harris on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 6/14/06 at 3:05pm

Eug - That's one of my favorite episodes!

"Not me though, I'm one for the ladies. Right, bitch?"

"I don't wanna see that!" -Aunt Sassy (as played by Valerie Cherish) on Room & Bored

jarretSF Profile Photo
jarretSF
#14re: Neil Patrick Harris on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 6/14/06 at 4:35pm

David was nice to look at in Opposite of Sex here. Saw it a few times. I liked it.

Some people come into our lives and quietly go, others stay a while, and leave footprints on our heart, and we are never the same.

DBillyP Profile Photo
DBillyP
#15re: Neil Patrick Harris on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 6/14/06 at 4:43pm

gymman, I think out is a relative term ...

erinrebecca
#16re: Neil Patrick Harris on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 6/14/06 at 5:01pm

Well, I never saw Liz Smith's column but the fact that Neil and David have been a couple for a while now has certainly been no secret. :)

David is reprising his role in The Opposite of Sex in August at Williamstown.

gymman Profile Photo
gymman
#17re: Neil Patrick Harris on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 6/14/06 at 6:38pm

as Erin writes, the coupledom is no secret...

I guess it might come as a surprise to most "ordinary" folks, but I still give him a lot of credit for not lying about it, like so many others

jarretSF Profile Photo
jarretSF
#18re: Neil Patrick Harris on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 6/14/06 at 6:56pm

I'm surprised there haven't been as many reports about this in the gossip columns. Unlike "Good Friends" Jake Gyllenhall and Austin Nichols....

Some people come into our lives and quietly go, others stay a while, and leave footprints on our heart, and we are never the same.

DBillyP Profile Photo
DBillyP
#19re: Neil Patrick Harris on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 6/14/06 at 7:13pm

Well, I have not heard him mention David on the talk show circuit while promoting How I met your Mother, hence "out" as a relative term ...

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#20re: Neil Patrick Harris on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 6/14/06 at 7:24pm

I thought it was Broadway.com that did it. Though, I could very well be mixing things up, since they... kind of do that often.

Either way, technically, the definition of being "out" for someone in the public eye is that they will talk about it publicly -- the key is that they talk about it with regards to the media; in interviews, and the like. So if Neil is just out at dinner with his boyfriend, not hiding, being normal about it, that's not "technically" out, apparently. By that definition, even if people in the right informative circuit know about it, he's still not really "out." Semantics.

A work of art is an invitation to love.
Updated On: 6/14/06 at 07:24 PM

gymman Profile Photo
gymman
#21re: Neil Patrick Harris on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 6/14/06 at 7:40pm

maybe--but some actors don't discuss their personal lives, but rather merely promote their product of the moment (which is usually more interesting than their personal lives, anyway).

DBillyP Profile Photo
DBillyP
#22re: Neil Patrick Harris on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 6/14/06 at 8:18pm

Not more interesting to the general public, apparently, based on the coverage that Brangelina and the like receive.

gymman Profile Photo
gymman
#23re: Neil Patrick Harris on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 6/14/06 at 8:32pm

Oh, Gawd...and Paris Hilton!

How dull and meaningless.

Tirso de Molina
#24re: Neil Patrick Harris on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 6/15/06 at 3:06pm

Burtka was also, er, WELL worth seeing in Albee's PLAY ABOUT THE BABY a few seasons back.

*fans himself at the memory*

"Sweet summer evenings, hot wine and bread / Sharing your supper, sharing your bed / Simple joys have a simple voice: It says why not go ahead?"