News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for JustJakUK

JustJakUK Profile Photo
Member Name: JustJakUK
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

You are so wrong toronto
 Mar 24 2014, 09:34:35 AM
A very articulate and classy response I see!
You are so wrong toronto
 Mar 24 2014, 09:18:58 AM
You guys are seriously bitchy on here and need to learn some manners! Yes Simon's punctuation isn't great, but don't belittle him for it!! Simon, take everything that you read on here with a pintch of salt. I'm an industry insider and professionals don't act as nasty as you guys.....
re: Andrea McArdle:What's the deal?
 Oct 21 2007, 10:09:10 PM
Thank-you guys for the information. I think this just goes to show you how big the Atlantic can be sometimes. The perception I have is based merely on what is common knowledge here. I will sleep easy tonight knowing that she is doing fine and respected by many. But just one thing, is it necessary to attack me so aggressively? I was just stating an opinion albeit a misinformed one. If you truly love theatre, wouldn't you want to encourage people onto these boards, not put them off visiting with b
re: Musicals with many female lead roles and a strong ensemble
 Oct 21 2007, 10:00:49 PM
Smile by Marvin Hamlisch
Carrie by the Fame guys
Nine by Maury Yeston
The Mitford Girls by don't know
Little Women...several versions

hope this helps

re: Any CHESS Fans?
 Oct 21 2007, 09:56:12 PM
The Swedish production on dvd is worth a watch . I don't speak Swedish but it was interesting to see some of the choices they made. I saw the original in the West End and loved the giant rotating chess board. The Swedish production has none of that and went instead for two large wooden frame structures that get pulled about by stage hands.If I'd been a Swede I would have felt cheated. How can you stage Chess without the big Chess board? It's like doing Les Miz without the barricade or Miss Saigo
So where to next?
 Oct 21 2007, 09:39:08 PM
I spent some time on Broadway this summer and delighted in the light fayre on offer although I live in London and am used to West End disappointment as my regular daily diet. It's now Autumn and the clocks go back next weekend (do you do that in America?). That means getting up in the dark and going to bed in the dark...very grim. What musical delights have I got to look forward to in order to see me through to Christmas? Sweet nothing! I loathe duke box musicals. Sometimes they just about work
Andrea McArdle:What's the deal?
 Oct 21 2007, 08:16:13 PM
I love, love, love Andrea McArdle. Let's just put that out there first. Yes, Annie's a fun show with great toe-tappin' tunes but above all that, she has an amazing voice. Like all true artists, her voice is unique and distinct. Just a few bars of something and you can tell it's her. She doesn't sound like many of the Broadway girls who seem to have come off the factory production line. So why then can't she get a gig in New York? Does anybody know? Is she difficult to work with? Her name has som
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You