News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Mrs. Bumbrake

Member Name: Mrs. Bumbrake
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

** SPOILERS ** See the Cast of THE LITTLE MERMAID Fly at Paper Mill Playhouse!
 May 31 2013, 03:08:44 PM
swings:
James Shackelford
Katie Ulrich
ensemble:
Kristine Bennett
Ward Billeisen
Lauren Ciardullo
Thay Floyd
KC Fredericks
Rod Harrelson
Nicole Javanna Johnson
Lisa Karlin
Morgan Kirner
Erica Mansfield
Dennis O'Bannion
Robbie Roby
Jessica Wockenfuss

May 30 2013, 01:43:00 PM
Yes, it is, at the end of the second act.
Here's a list of the musical numbers:
Act 1:
The World Above
Fathoms Below
Daughters of Triton
If Only (Triton's Lament)
Daddy's Little Angel
Part of Your World
The Storm
Part of Your World (reprise)
She's in Love
Her Voice
Under the Sea
If Only (Ariel's Lament)
Sweet Child
Poor Unfortunate Souls
Act 2:
Positoovity
Beyond My Wildest Dreams
Les Poissons
Les Poissons (repri

May 30 2013, 07:53:46 AM
Ursula does not fly at all. Her tentacles move around some, and Flotsam and Jetsam wrap themselves around in them. She sings "Daddy's Little Angel" and two of the dolls representing her sisters are attached under her tentacles.
Her demise was a low point of the show. It was very abrupt.
They do have the singing contest, which seemed silly and stolen from Cinderella. At the end of that Eric decides he loves Ariel despite her lack of voice. They don't have any of the storyline fr

See the Cast of THE LITTLE MERMAID Fly at Paper Mill Playhouse!
 May 29 2013, 11:39:19 PM
I just got back from the show.
The flying was beautifully done - the flowy costumes worked well, and Triton's costume does not look as "miranda-esque" in real life as it does in the video.
Scuttle flies for most of the show, and he does land and has the tap number with the other gulls. There is no flying in Under the Sea.
The costumes were beautiful, with the exception of Flounder. I know he's supposed to be young, but his costume was ugly and I couldn't stand the skateboarding

Far From Heaven 2 tickets for sale 6/30 7:30 pm
 May 28 2013, 02:59:04 PM
The tickets have been sold - thank you!
EXPLORERS CLUB previews
 May 28 2013, 02:22:57 PM
I'm going this Friday. It looks like a great show, and I can't resist anything with Carson Elrod. Looking forward to seeing Arnie Burton too.

May 27 2013, 09:27:09 PM
I will be in the city this Friday evening and can meet up with anyone who might be interested in these tickets.
I would sell them for $120 for both, or $65 each. Please send me a message if interested - thanks!

FAR FROM HEAVEN first preview?
 May 26 2013, 05:19:11 PM
I have two tickets for Sunday, June 30 at 7:30 pm that I am not going to be able to use. I am looking to get $65 each for them. They are both Row A but not together - one is seat 4 and the other is seat 14. I would prefer to sell them together, but would be willing to split them up if no one wants the pair.
I had the tickets mailed to me so I have them on hand. I'm going to be in the city this Friday night May 31 to see The Explorers Club at City Center so I could meet up with you then.

May 18 2013, 11:12:23 PM
I bought two tickets to see Far From Heaven when they first went on sale and as it turns out it is during the only week my whole family is available to go on vacation, so I won't be able to use the tickets.
They are row A but not together, seats are 4 and 14. The show date is Sunday, 6/30 at 7:30 pm (final performance).
I used a code and was able to buy the pair for $144.50 which included all the fees.
I would love to sell them for what I paid but will consider reasonable offers a

FAR FROM HEAVEN first preview?
 May 9 2013, 12:29:32 AM
Just got back home from the show. I thought it was outstanding, particularly Kelli OHara and Isaiah Johnson. Their scenes together were heartbreaking. The set was a bit lackluster but the gorgeous costumes made up for it. I highly recommend it and will probably try to go see it again.
Playbill binder storage
 Apr 7 2013, 08:10:36 PM
I need to come up with some kind of storage system for my playbills which are currently in a bookshelf. I've searched old threads for this topic and only found suggestions using storage boxes. I like the idea of the playbill.com binders, but they are a bit pricey, especially for the deluxe one. If anyone has the cheaper playbill.com binders, do you like them? How many can realistically fit in one? Has anyone found a source elsewhere for binders that will fit at least 15-20 playbills? I hav
STARCATCHER at New World Stages
 Mar 21 2013, 02:57:51 PM
I'm going tonight and can't wait!
I am an avid Starcatcher fan, saw the Broadway version 7 times and I hope I love the new incarnation as much.
The hardest thing will be seeing it without Arnie Burton as Bumbrake....adored him....but I'm sure the new guy will be good.

What do most posters on BW do for living?
 Mar 11 2013, 10:34:52 PM
I am a college admission counselor, and going to nursing school so I don't have to be a college admission counselor much longer!
THE MYSTERY OF EDWIN DROOD closes on Broadway today
 Mar 10 2013, 01:19:00 PM
I was lucky enough to see it three times and loved it! I wish I could have gone to the final performance today. My biggest regret is that I didn't get to see Eric Sciotto play Jasper - I love him and I'm sure he was amazing in that role. I also wish I could have seen Crisparkle as the murderer - every time we went it was Rosa. I wish the cast well and look forward to seeing them in other productions.
Broadway Billboards corner 47th/7th
 Mar 7 2013, 07:56:37 AM
I was there last Saturday and took a picture of it, mostly because it had Chaplin and Manilow on there and I figured it would change soon. The long one to the left was Chaplin. The four smaller square ones were Jersey Boys, Wicked, Nice Work and Phantom. The big one on 47th was Manilow.
It's so sad this is gone!

Chita is out of Drood.
 Mar 3 2013, 04:49:05 PM
We went to the evening show last Wednesday. It was cold, so they took groups of 5 at a time inside to see Chita. She was very gracious, signed playbills and let people take photos.
There were not many people at the stage door that night, only about 20 or so.

Lend Me a Tenor
 Feb 19 2013, 05:14:18 PM
It is definitely worth seeing. The entire cast is excellent, particularly John Treacy Egan and Judy Blazer. I was not familiar with the show going in so I can't compare to other productions but I thoroughly enjoyed it and will probably see it again.
what is THE show to see OFF-BROADWAY in March?
 Feb 18 2013, 11:18:46 AM
Depending when in March, All in the Timing through 3/17 or Peter and the Starcatcher starting 3/18.
All in the Timing @ Primary Stages?
 Feb 3 2013, 07:39:59 PM
I just saw this yesterday with my daughter. We are big fans of Carson Elrod and went only to see his performance. I am not familiar with David Ives' work and was not expecting much. We ended up really enjoying it - Carson and the rest of the cast were excellent and most of the playlets very well done. A couple of them were pretty bizarre and we found ourselves laughing due to their absolute absurdity but overall found it very entertaining. I noticed many of the performances have been sellin
Encores! Casting?
 Jan 3 2013, 05:35:12 PM
Has anyone heard anything about the cast for Fiorello?
It seems like they should have announced something by now but I don't see any information on their website.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You