News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for manderson05

Member Name: manderson05
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Farewell to UTOPIA
 May 13 2007, 03:04:03 PM
after seeing a marathon, seeing all three seperately, and reading the plays- i think it is one of most rewarding theatrical experiences I have ever experienced. I will miss it.
re: Important plays to know...
 May 10 2007, 04:23:52 PM
Long Day's Journey Into Night... in my opinion the best play in american drama
re: Coram Boy Reviews
 May 3 2007, 10:30:24 PM
I personally thought that Coram Boy was wretched.

re: Matthew Passion
 Apr 23 2007, 02:43:17 AM
joeyinpa:

two things: 1. my ticket wasn't free - i paid. 2. i am not a self-hating homosexual that isn't getting laid - you on the other hand I am not so sure about. i think that these themes need to be discussed. however, maybe they could be discussed appropriately . that seems like a really cool idea --- interesting discussing gay themes with some sort work that is not non-camp non-trasshy/tacky/typical crap.

re: Anyone seeing
 Apr 15 2007, 05:08:44 PM
whereas those musicals are based around the music. Coram boy is play simply supplemented with music.
re: 110 in the Shade 1st preview
 Apr 13 2007, 11:55:24 PM
For a multitude of reason, I wasn't really impressed. Audra of course is amazing, but she is Audra. However, for the second time this year, I sat there and wondered why Roundabout continues to choose shows that don't have good books or great scores. I felt like I really didn't care about anybody and that I was being slowly dragged through the first act. The show need to be tightened so that it doesn't run as long as it did. The first acts 90 minutes were so long. If there hadn't been a cute boy
 Apr 3 2007, 10:01:39 AM
WOW! I have to say that I totally agree that it was offensive as both a gay man and a christian and I can say that becaue I saw it. I agree with the review totally. It was all forced and cliched. If I was reviewing it myself, I would have probably picked it apart even more.
 Apr 2 2007, 02:39:17 PM
You need a bitch slap.

You need a bitch slap.

You need a bitch slap.

You need a bitch slap.

Oh then they remix it.

You need a bitch slap. da da duh. You need a bitch slap.

Apr 2 2007, 12:26:58 PM
Coming from small-town middle America, I often question what is more damaging for the gay community. Producing and encouraging the stereotypes through art and the media or just being silent.

It would be nice to see a different image of the gay community. I think it would do more for our cause than anything. America already got the message that we are bunch of queens that do X, want sex, like to look at young men, and don't like to get beat up.

I also found many of the moments

Apr 2 2007, 12:20:01 PM
Well... I don't know how to say this lightly. I am a very open person. I am gay. I like most shows. Last night at Matthew Passion, I was deeply offended. I thought that it was tacky and tasteless. Taking something as serious as either the circumstances around the murder of Matthew Shepard or the crucifixion of Jesus and turning into a musical well... i found it like i said offensive. You don't take this issues turn them into a show for gay men to come and watch boys dance around in tiny shorts a
re: So, Whatcha Seeing Next???
 Apr 2 2007, 12:13:35 PM
i am new to this whole technology thing. sorry for double posting.
re: So, Whatcha Seeing Next???
 Apr 2 2007, 12:13:32 PM
For April -

4/3 - The Producers
4/5 - Prelude to a Kiss
4/6 - Jack Goes Boating
4/7 - Blackbird / Some Men
4/8 - Curtains
4/9 - Spring Awakening (Second Time)
4/12 - Frost Nixon
4/13 - 110 in the Shade
4/15 - All About Us in Westport
4/16 - Seth's Broadway 101
4/19 - Cabaret at Trinity College
4/20 - Coram Boy
4/21 - The Year of Magical Thinking
4/26 - LoveMusik
4/29 - Opening Night of Legally Blonde

It is gon

re: Regional Version of Spring Awakening
 Mar 25 2007, 03:22:44 PM
Being from North Dakota and having worked with the Fargo Civic Center - I really can't seeing them doing something like that. However, if they did I am extremely disappointed knowing people in Spring Awakening I am so saddened. North Dakota has apparently fallen apart since I left. Let's hope they don't steal Avenue Q too.

re: Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolfe - Ahmanson
 Mar 16 2007, 05:41:58 PM
What exactly are you referring to? I don't have my copy of the script right in front of me?

Mar 16 2007, 04:35:12 PM
I adore that we posted the same thing so close to each other.

Mar 16 2007, 04:26:13 PM
The son is symbolic. Albee is obsessed with the American Dream, and the stereotypical american family is a couple with a children, especially the all-american boy. The couple desires this, and since they can't have children they create him. So, that just like Nick and Bunny they can have the American Dream, but Nick and Bunny's so-called American Dream is also torn apart. The whole play is based around the exocism of the American Dream and how we tear each other's apart because we live with suc
re: Reviewing etiquette -- blogs
 Nov 15 2006, 11:02:14 AM
The thing is more and more people are turning to bloggers for their reviews of shows. So people within the theater community want bloggers to be held to the same rules as the actual print media.

m

re: I Just Can't Decide...
 Nov 13 2006, 04:56:35 PM
make sure you see both Grey Gardens and Spring Awakening.... for the third choice... i guess i would say The Apple Tree... I hate Kristen. However, from what I have heard from friends it is gonna be good, and with the cast that is lined up it probably has a good chance of winning a Tony.
re: I thought Jack O'Brien was directing The Grinch?
 Nov 13 2006, 04:36:23 PM
I ran into Jack at opening night not knowing actually that he was at all involved with the Grinch... yep felt super intelligent there... but I approched him to congratulate him on how amazing I thought the first part The Coast of Utopia was. We chit chatted for a bit and then introduced me to Matt August, and said M.. this Matt August. He directed the show. So, I am assuming that Jack did it originally in San Diego and just supervised over the project in New York. However, when I got to my seat
re: help me decide what to see!!!
 Nov 13 2006, 04:30:06 PM
If you are a trained Drama person... you will truly appreciate Christine Ebersole's performance in Grey Gardens.

Wait on Drowsey Chaperone, it is going to be coming to London soon. I promise. I personally the think if you are choosing between the rest and are paying for a full priced ticket I would choose 25th annual. William Finn has some great music in there. However, you should really consider checking out Spring Awakening which is going to be a huge contender at the Tony's next Jun

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You