News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for MauveRose

MauveRose Profile Photo
Member Name: MauveRose
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: just curious....
 Nov 30 2004, 07:00:21 PM
19 years old: 15 years ballet, about 9 years of tap, 7 or so of jazz.

Sigh...I feel old....

re: Gavin Creel in La Cage
 Nov 28 2004, 11:52:49 PM
I think Gary will, I don't know about Daniel though....and didn't George Hearn win for that role in the original cast?
re: Broadway star sightings!
 Nov 28 2004, 11:42:37 PM
Neil Patrick Harris at a performance of Brooklyn, John Tartaglia telling some kind of crazy story on the street, Christopher Sieber after bway on bway 2002 (giving us a REALLY strange look because we were dancing in front of the theater for into the woods).
re: Gavin Creel in La Cage
 Nov 28 2004, 11:36:27 PM
Yes, Gavin is quite wonderful in the show, very Jimmy/Bill-esque, which I looove. I don't think he gets to show off his voice all that much, but its still a great role for him. I wonder if its big enough though to get him a tony nod for featured actor....

Is it sad I'm planning out the awards already?

re: REMINDER: A CHRISTMAS CAROL - THE MUSICAL on TV tonight!!
 Nov 28 2004, 06:55:10 PM
So true Priest! It was a shame too--all of them in that movie are great...just COMPLETELY wrong roles! Like obviously wrong roles! Oy...don't get me started...made for T.V. musicals are not my friends.
re: REMINDER: A CHRISTMAS CAROL - THE MUSICAL on TV tonight!!
 Nov 28 2004, 06:42:07 PM
I just want to see how hysterical its going to be. Its a tough call as to which is funnier: housewives, or casting directors putting Kelsey as Scrooge. Love him, but BAD choice.
re: Latoya London
 Nov 28 2004, 06:36:51 PM
I think she'd be good in Brooklyn.
re: Your upcoming season (school, community, professional theatre)
 Jul 20 2004, 05:14:57 PM
Swing
South Pacific
Chess
The Music Man

and two plays I believe that haven't been announced yet. SO wish I got into swing....

re: Favorite Roles
 Jul 20 2004, 05:09:55 PM
Debra Sue in Bye Bye Birdie, my first and breakout role. 3 lines, backup singing, and screaming. Nothing can compare to that!
re: Share Your First Time--- (about BROADWAY!)
 Jul 19 2004, 12:39:16 AM
Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat: 1994, Ash Wednesday, second row. I watched all the kids bopping around and singing and thought...heck I'm better than all of them! I can do this too!

Ah, Memories....

re: smile
 Jun 25 2004, 02:01:05 AM
George M (unfortunatly) was my first starring role (Nellie Cohan). There is nothing like that first starring role. Every night was just magic, no matter what happened.
re: Sweet Charity - - - ->about time someone revived this
 Jun 24 2004, 12:54:25 PM
I'm not so sure about Christina as Charity. I liked the idea of Jane Krakowski a lot more.

I am excited for the revival though, and very curious to see how it will be received this time around.

re: Yankee Doodle Dandy
 Jun 24 2004, 12:49:42 PM
Noooooo!! I don't think I can spend anymore time trying to stomach lyrics like "they have whiskers like hay/ and imagine broadway/ only 45 minutes from here".
re: ITUNES Celebrity Playlist...
 Jun 24 2004, 12:20:27 AM
I had a good chuckle over the playlist. It especially made me laugh that "My Girlfriend Who Lives in Canada" was marked as 'explicit', the same label given to hardcore mainstream songs.
 Jun 23 2004, 11:59:39 PM
Who knew all the instruments play together in that overture? And in the same key too? Goood times with a high school orchestra, good times.

Jun 23 2004, 11:50:54 PM
I would be SO content if all these shows and such about George M Cohan would cease to exist. His songs, especially the earlier ones we wrote, were all crap. His life was not all that interesting. Please, please, please...no more......

If you couldn't tell, I was in George M!, and it was not the best experience.

re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Overpriced Broadway Merchandise
 Apr 5 2004, 10:54:22 PM
I spent $13 for the Never Gonna Dance keychain, which is a quarter with the words Never Gonna Dance around the outside.

SO worth it.

re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: MADE: will she make it on broadway?
 Apr 5 2004, 10:49:48 PM
If she makes it, I'm throwing my tap shoes out the window and quitting.
re: re: re: re: re: Assassins
 Apr 5 2004, 10:45:43 PM
Kudisch also had a newly shaved head which was very nice.

I saw it the other day. I wasn't all that impressed even though I love all of Sondheim's work. I felt like while it had great moments, it didn't all fit together. It was very slow moving, almost painfully slow moving at times. Or maybe I was just cranky because there was no intermission and I jumped a mile each time they shot off a gun, which was every 5 minutes. Oh well. Michael Cerveris,

re: re: re: re: re: re: BROADWAY DEMO CDS!! (please help)
 Feb 27 2004, 07:46:37 PM
I love the Frog and Toad demo cd. Without it, I never would have known Toad looks funny in a bathing suit.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You