News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for bwaymizfit2

Member Name: bwaymizfit2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Cute little lyrics you love
 Jun 21 2013, 09:44:54 AM
"The hands on the clock turn/but don't sing a nocturne/just yet"
One Song to the Tune of Another
 May 21 2013, 01:17:18 PM
The fact that The Diplomats Song from CHESS ("Difficult and Dangerous Times") can be sung in counterpoint with the "Inspector Gadget" Theme Song amuses me greatly. It was the 80s, I suppose :)
What songs from musicals do you like?
 Jul 19 2012, 01:54:42 PM
If we're talking about "most beautiful," and I'm only allowed to pick one, I'd definitely go with "How Could I Ever Know" from The Secret Garden. A little surprised that no one above me has mentioned it.
BARE Announces Off Broadway Engagement at New World Stages; Arima, Wall and
 Jun 21 2012, 11:03:32 AM
Does this mean that Claire is gone as a character as well? There isn't one listed in the cast list from the workshop. On the one hand, her actual appearance in the show is a little random (like with Peter's nightmare sequences), but on the other hand, I can't see the show working at all without "See Me."
Broadway voices used in commercials
 Feb 24 2011, 01:59:29 PM
Thank you for confirming that it is Christopher Sieber in that Chobani yogurt commercial! I wasn't really paying attention when the ad came on, and he's on for such a short period of time, that I did a double-take, and certainly thought it was him, but wasn't sure.
Your favourite orchestrations
 Jan 4 2011, 04:05:36 PM
@gvanover. Let's just say that if shots get fired, we'll be going down together!
Shows HURT by later revisions
 Oct 4 2010, 12:53:14 AM
I'll second Jekyll and Hyde and contribute The Scarlet Pimpernel. By Version 4.0, the show was unrecognizable from what it had been originally, and not in a good way.
Favorite Overtures
 Sep 19 2010, 04:27:45 PM
I certainly agree with all the more obvious choices already listed. However, one of my personal favorites (if we're including entr'actes) is the entr'acte from The Scarlet Pimpernel. Say what you want about especially the later versions of the show (and I'll agree with you), but I just LOVE the entr'acte, especially the trombone counterpoint at the end.
re: Songs That Sound Suspiciously Similar
 Jun 21 2010, 10:56:08 AM
I've missed this thread!

Speaking of Side Show...

I just recently noticed that the 4-note phrase in "I Will Never Leave You" ("I will never...") is pretty much all over the dance break to "Music and the Mirror" from A Chorus Line. Love it!

re: RAGTIME to Close on Sunday January 3, 2010
 Dec 29 2009, 03:39:48 PM
That the "Ragtime Is Closing" thread now has more posts than the "Official Ragtime Love" thread is very telling...

...and very sad. Saw the show two weeks ago and it was one of the best I've ever seen. Not surprised, but still upset.

re: Side by Side by Susan Blackwell
 Dec 15 2009, 06:13:57 PM
I was only able to watch this is short increments b/c then I'd laugh uncontrollably and miss parts so I'd have to go back.

I <3 SB

Jun 3 2009, 07:48:09 PM
Last one for a while...but I can't believe I forgot this one at first:

6. The title melody line to "Hold Me, Bat Boy" is identical to the title line of "One Night Only"

Jun 3 2009, 07:43:03 PM
4. Also from Shrek, the first bit of the Donkey/Shrek counterpart of "Travel Song", ("Sing a Song, Hit The Trail"/"Why Me? Why Me?") reminds me of "Fugue For Tinhorns"

5. Largely because they both have Sutton Foster Belting a C on "Love", but also because the orchestra track is very similar as well, the last ten seconds of "Gimme, Gimme" and "Bride's Lament" are almost indistinguishable.

Jun 3 2009, 07:27:40 PM
There's definitely more, but the top 3 I can think of off the top of my head are:

1. "Coffee Shop Nights" from Curtains reminds me quite a bit of "On the Steps of the Palace" (i.e. "A perfectly good life" = "He's a very smart prince" through the rest of that first verse)...

2a. The beginning verses of "Who I'd Be" from Shrek and "Inutil" from In The Heights ("I'd Guess I'd be a Hero..." = "My father was a farmer...")

2b. This is probably just me b/c the introductions d

re: 'I'm Paul' - The Official Thread of Cast Album Idiosyncracies
 Dec 10 2008, 08:51:38 PM
A lot of mine have been said, but more on the line of coincidences...

The final notes of "Bride's Lament" from the Drowsy Chaperone and "Gimme, Gimme" from Thoroughly Modern Millie--both are sustained high Cs sung on the word LOVE, and sung on both recordings by Sutton Foster...

I can tell the two apart because the orchestration is slighly different, but they're similar enough that it would be easy to confuse.

re: Moments You Were Glad You Weren't The Actor
 Nov 21 2008, 10:47:25 AM
Schmerg...you just used the word Enjolrati...
You have no idea how happy that makes me

re: Into the Woods Revival: Let's Try This Again
 Oct 30 2008, 03:52:38 PM
"I think Heidi Blickenstaff would actually be a fabulous Baker's Wife."

OMG...Yes!

re: vocal flubs
 Oct 20 2008, 10:21:15 AM
Bumping an old thread, but I didn't see this one mentioned...

Austin Pendleton, "Fiddler on the Roof" OBC: the last note of Miracle of Miracles is very, VERY flat. He starts flat, and you keep hoping that he's at least going to scoop up to it....and then he doesn't

re: HUNTER BELL & SUSAN BLACKWELL co-host Fri's AFTER PARTY
 Oct 17 2008, 10:52:55 AM
This is when I get sad that I live in Boston. I shelled out most of my expendable income to make the trip last weekend and thus won't be able to again for quite some time.

To everyone who is going, Have a Blast!

re: Shows you'd give your right arm to be in?
 Oct 14 2008, 11:43:31 AM
"Into the Woods (this time as the Baker's Wife)"

Amen, sista!
I was in my college's production of "Into the Woods" this past summer as Jack's Mother...so I'm definitely with you on that one!

Also...
Songs for a New World
Ragtime
Little Women
Chess
to name a few

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You