News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for DRSisLove

DRSisLove Profile Photo
Member Name: DRSisLove
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

FUNNY GIRL to Launch National Tour  Jan 11 2023, 03:30:25 PM

The producers of Funny Girl have 3 sets of photos - with Beanie, Julie and Lea. They're not using promo materials with Beanie (obviously) and can't use Lea as it could make patrons think she's leading the tour. The photos of Julie are just that.

Flying Over Sunset - Previews Thread  Dec 9 2021, 04:44:03 PM

Saw the show last evening. Full cast. This was quite possibly the most boring show I have ever seen. I think I checked my watch 200 times. The entire first act (75 minutes mind you) was plot exposition. The second wasn't *as* bad, but I could not wait to get out of there. 

Spring Awakening Reunion?  Oct 31 2021, 09:19:15 PM

Robi Hager put the "actorsfund" as one of his hashtags so I'm assuming this is a benefit concert for it.

Tonight's performance of ALADDIN cancelled due to breakthrough COVID cases  Oct 1 2021, 05:46:24 PM

Aladdin's performance tonight is canceled and so are all performances through 10/10. Just got the email for tonight.

DEAR EVAN HANSEN film sets September 2021 release  Aug 18 2021, 03:12:16 PM

This poster gives me "ee chose not to do a photo shoot due to covid" vibes. It's all screenshots from the film.

2021: Cynthia Erivo calls out COLOR PURPLE producers for replacement casting communication  Aug 17 2021, 11:35:26 AM

Erivo is directly responsible for the misinformation around Great Comet's casting, which ultimately led to the show closing. I cringe every time she is on my TV. I am sure this is a fabricated lie.

AmEx targeted offer to cardholders:  Jul 19 2021, 12:22:51 PM

I actually think it MAY work. I had a similar discount right before the pandemic, and I paid for lottery tickets for a show normally through Telecharge (it came up on my statement as something else) and the promo code worked. I was not expecting it to.

Mrs. Doubtfire - Length?  Jun 28 2021, 03:13:58 PM

Pre-covid, I'd say you're fine. Right now, not sure. We do not know what the protocol for arriving/departing at theaters will be in the fall. It may be complicated. It may take more time.

The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread  Jun 13 2021, 04:45:34 PM
I do not know a single person who went to see it in theaters. Every one watched it from the comfort of their homes in groups. In fact, I was supposed to see it with a friend in theaters, but then a few others wanted to come and once we got to like 8, it was just easier to stream.
HADESTOWN will return on September 2  May 25 2021, 10:14:20 AM

Could their earlier return have to do with the theater's capacity? They're below 1,000.

Wicked Opening Night  May 11 2021, 10:04:42 AM

I was on the subway at 7 am and saw they were on sale just by chance. Snagged two tickets and watched many disappear before my eyes.

“The show must go on” reaks of white supremacy. Thoughts by Robin De Jesus  Apr 20 2021, 11:50:57 AM

I took his interpretation of "the show must go on" to mean accepting that things aren't perfect, but moving on for the greater good. In this respect, he's saying that BIPOC have more at stake when they accept this and move on, as they are disadvantaged. 

The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread  Apr 16 2021, 07:47:11 AM
I also attended the 6:30/3:30 screening last night. Let me preface my entire review saying that I very much LIKED the movie, but definitely did not love it. I had a huge smile on my face for about 80% of the movie, and confusion for the remaining 20%. I will try to limit the spoilers, by not saying much. But beware.

I’ll start with my positives. I went in very nervous about Daphne, but she ended up being fantastic. Her voice, of course, still had her usual gritty sound, but it was defi

Mean Girls to close  Mar 22 2021, 11:44:37 AM

One of my close works backstage at Doubtfire. It is not back. It is planning on coming back. But only when they can sell every single seat.

Catch Me If You Can questions  Jan 3 2021, 01:13:46 PM

As much as I absolutely love Norbert, I think his win can be partially accredited to a split in votes between Josh and Andrew in Book of Mormon.

Faucci Says By Beginning of April, Everyone Could Get Vaccine  Dec 8 2020, 08:31:59 PM

It's interesting to see how many people on this thread are skeptics. Although COVID-19 was new, this specific vaccine (the use of RNA) came about in 2012 when MERS hit. MERS is another SARS virus, so this was an easy transition. I believe Moderna was actually trying to get this vaccine out for years, but didn't really have the funding / need.

MUSIC MAN IN LAB  Sep 24 2020, 11:58:18 AM

"Schools are not open in NYC." That is not true. Pre-K and special education classes are back. The majority of classrooms open next week.

Netflix’s THE PROM movie musical to be released Dec. 11  Sep 14 2020, 08:17:17 AM

Is this one of the fastest turn around times for a show premiering on Broadway to be adapted and released as a film? I cannot think of one as quick as this.

Lysistrata Jones  Aug 19 2020, 11:33:17 AM

This show was awful. One thing that sticks out in my memory was the 3 second music that played on loop before the show, during intermission and after. It was so annoying.

Frozen on Broadway - Where did they go wrong?  May 22 2020, 08:50:59 AM

When I saw the show in Denver, they asked for feedback. My biggest gripe was the placement of Let It Go, which of course, never changed. I thought it was ridiculous that she runs away and then Olaf is like "oh hey yea, Elsa built me in the snowstorm!" which no one ever sees and then when she reappears later she still hasn't transformed.

Thank god they redid the beginning of the show. That was a HUGE mess in Denver. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You