News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for trinaaron

trinaaron Profile Photo
Member Name: trinaaron
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

New Hermes in Hadestown??
 Jun 4 2022, 03:46:08 PM

KoreanKoi said: "I bought a ticket back in April to try to see the original cast before they all left. Andre de shields has his last show the week before and I have an understudy for Patrick Page tonight which is so disappointing. Please let there be a good Hermes replacement so I can come back and hopefully get a good full cast"

I saw Alex Puette as Hades on Wednesday and he was fantastic.  Plus he’s wicked hot.  

COVID performance cancellation
 Dec 31 2021, 09:14:33 PM

iagowasframed said: "HeyMrMusic said: "Their IG post says a detection of covid in the company. I’ve seen that recent shows have had understudies for Seymour, Audrey, Mushnik, Chiffon, and Ronnette all at the same time, so I bet if even one more person went down, there wouldn’t be any more coverage. Hope they do get to reopen tomorrow like they intend."

This is a little strange I saw that too as well as their post on twitter saying the same th

Rapunzel's Tangled Adventure
 Sep 6 2019, 07:31:51 PM

I am interested to see where they go, but I do think the show made a huge mistake in how they handled Varian.  He was the breakout character from season one, and then he was gone.  Was he even mentioned in season 2?

Steven Pasquale and American Son
 Jan 3 2019, 06:55:09 AM

I saw the play in the beginning of December with Pasquale and found his voice rather distracting.  He sounded like a radio news announcer, like Bill McNeil from Newsradio.  am interested in seeing Avers in the role.

To be out for 3 weeks of a 16 week run with no explanation is not good. 

Steven Pasquale and American Son
 Dec 29 2018, 11:55:22 AM

I was browsing around the American Son tag on Instagram and it seems Steven Pasquale has been out of the play for a couple of weeks now.  Does anyone know what’s up.

Concert vids of Michael Mott's IN THE LIGHT
 Aug 28 2017, 10:17:36 AM

I was there on Sunday night as a last minute going away present for my daughter. It was really quite amazing and very different from what I was expecting. I am so happy that they put the videos up on YouTube.  My favorite is "Her Embrace".  

re: Actors Playing Instruments Onstage [non-Doyle related]
 Jan 30 2009, 01:26:47 PM
I have always wondered about this. Knowing how very strict union rules are, if an actor does play an intrument on stage, must they then join the musicians union? And do the rules vary with how often the instrument is used? For example, Doyle's Sweeney vs. Roger in Rent.
re: Is something going on with the ushers at Shrek?
 Jan 22 2009, 06:24:44 PM
Slightly off topic, but my 10 year old daughter had her winter concert last night, and the lady sitting behind me was talking loud as you please on her cell phone during the concert. Now, I know that elementary school concerts are really tough on the ears, but THAT IS YOUR FREAKING CHILD UP THERE. And if she didn't want to hear hers, I certainly wanted to hear mine.
 Jan 19 2009, 10:44:56 PM
"To clarify, I have never had static on my headsets from an audience member's cell phone. The phone has to be pretty close to the headset to cause this. If we hear cell phone static, and yes, it is very recognizable, then we all start asking each other who has their phone in their pocket on the same side as their belt pack."

This makes me laugh, because after all of the talk on this message board about cell phones in the theater, it makes it seem like all the people backstage hav

Jan 18 2009, 02:32:42 PM
The majority of people don't know that their cell phones could interfere with the sound equipment (How often does this actually happen?). It might be something that they could mention in the preshow announcement. I bet more people would turn them off.

Also, the only time I have ever seen ushers care about cell phone use before the show or during intermission is when people are recording or taking pictures.

Jan 16 2009, 11:18:22 AM
I (and several people I know), have become so paranoid about our phones ringing in a theater that I almost always end up taking the battery out.
re: Celebrate the Music of Disney: Josh Groban, Butler, Pascal & more!
 Dec 29 2008, 08:23:57 PM
That is pretty much how I feel about Kerry Butler all the time.

I really wish Adam Pascal would stick to singing this type of music. I think he sounds incredible here.

re: 'Candle on the Water' from Pete's Dragon...
 Dec 29 2008, 12:13:44 AM
"I don't see Maria singing CANDLE IN THE WIND..I read that she is singing CANDLE ON THE WATER..>YIPPEEEE but how do I listen to it?"

On the right hand side it says Listen Again. Click on Hear the Show. (It took me a little while to figure it out too, since I hadn't listened to it a first time.) It comes up in iplayer.

re: 'Candle on the Water' from Pete's Dragon...
 Dec 28 2008, 09:58:16 PM
I was just listening to this and came across this thread. Way too weird.

re: Rent Tour Cast Announced
 Dec 1 2008, 10:45:08 AM
Does anyone know the age of the person playing Mimi? Also, that is almost the same cast that I saw this summer which doesn't make me all that happy. 6 months ago I would have been jumping at the chance to see this again, but now....not so much.
re: The numbers concerning 'A Tale of Two Cities ' are scary
 Aug 23 2008, 09:40:25 AM

"People don't want to pay money for something they've never seen or heard."

Thats pathetic! True, but pathetic!

I don't know if it's pathetic to be hesitant to pay 100+ dollars for something that they are completely unfamiliar with. It's more like an economic reality.

WINSTON.
 Aug 18 2008, 04:52:28 PM
We're also forgetting that there is a key difference in definition between "watershed" and "ground-breaking".
The former implies a division between two phases or periods (in this case, time) while the latter implies literally the breaking of new ground or the creation of something utterly new.
Very few pieces of art actually break new ground.

This is taking semantics to extremes. Using your definition of ground-breaking, the only things that are ground-breaking are the

WINSTON.
 Aug 18 2008, 03:31:11 PM
Well, this thread has pretty much disintegrated into "I hate Rent, so it is awful, overated, and a waste of time" or "I love Rent, so it is the most important piece of art ever created" Either reactions are extreme and ridiculous. People have a tendency to confuse their own personal opinions with facts.

Rent is what it is. When it opened back in 1996, it was hailed as groundbreaking, refreshing, authentic, and of the moment. Now it is familiar and comfortable. Who knows what people

WINSTON.
 Aug 17 2008, 08:00:14 PM
"Winston - your examples are exactly why I believe it's NOT a watershed musical. it was NOT the first musical to deal with aids or homosexuality, and it was NOT the first musical with a drag queen. it was also NOT the first musical to bring teens to the theatre.

Jesus Christ Superstar and Hair did a great job at doing it, first. The whole controversial "rock show" found that young edgy audience. RENT was not the first to do anything you have claimed, Winston. "

JCS

re: RENT is not a 'Watershed' musical...
 Aug 17 2008, 04:25:52 PM
Rent tapped into an audience that many thought unreachable. For the first time in years teenagers were seeing a show not because their parents were going or the chorus was having a class trip. They went because Rent was for them. It also surpassed the success of any rock musical before it even without the benefit of the radio play that Hair and Jesus Christ Superstar had. People were responding to what was happening on the stage, not a familiar tune. I understand the statement about Hair be
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You