pixeltracker

Lillias White will be the new Hermes in Hadestown!

Lillias White will be the new Hermes in Hadestown!

Emmeline Carter
#1Lillias White will be the new Hermes in Hadestown!
Posted: 5/16/22 at 3:36pm

Has anyone heard anything about NPH becoming the new Hermes? I know it's been mentioned a few times in the different discussion boards. But, has anyone heard anything from an inside source whether this is just a false rumor or if it actually has some merit? Thanks!  Please delete if not allowed.

EDIT- Seems like it's highly unlikely that NPH will be the new Hermes so this post is now for speculating who instead will be the new Hermes. 

Updated On: 8/8/22 at 03:36 PM

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#2Neil Patrick Harris joining Hadestown as Hermes??
Posted: 5/16/22 at 3:50pm

I'd sooner have Pamela Anderson in the role. 

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#3Neil Patrick Harris joining Hadestown as Hermes??
Posted: 5/16/22 at 3:55pm

Yes I read that one post in the “Into the Woods” thread saying if he’s replacing in a show then they’d like to see him in “Hadestown”, that I’m sure you read, too. 

Emmeline Carter
#4Neil Patrick Harris joining Hadestown as Hermes??
Posted: 5/16/22 at 3:57pm

Yeah that's where I first saw it, then it was also posted on Reddit. So idk??

It would certainly be a different take, I'm not sure NPH can hit the same notes André de Shields does especially in the opening number (Road to Hell)

Updated On: 5/16/22 at 03:57 PM

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#5Neil Patrick Harris joining Hadestown as Hermes??
Posted: 5/16/22 at 4:01pm

I'm confused why NPH would replace in ANY show on Broadway.

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#6Neil Patrick Harris joining Hadestown as Hermes??
Posted: 5/16/22 at 4:19pm

As far as I'm aware, the only thing that happened on this board is that someone said he'd be replacing in a Broadway show this summer, and someone speculated (with no inside info) that he might play Hermes. 

But I don't know about what you saw on Reddit. Did the person sound like they were actually confident that it happening? Or were they just asking about/repeating something they misread on this message board? 

David10086 Profile Photo
David10086
#7Neil Patrick Harris joining Hadestown as Hermes??
Posted: 5/16/22 at 4:21pm

Next we will hear rumors he's replacing Beanie as Fanny Brice in "FUNNY GIRL". 

Emmeline Carter
#8Neil Patrick Harris joining Hadestown as Hermes??
Posted: 5/16/22 at 4:23pm

It was in a post titled "Monday tea spill" and said "I am sad to report there is a somewhat credible rumor that Neil Patrick Harris is who is replacing Andre de Shields in Hadestown. I simply do not want to believe that so I'm pushing it to the back of my head as "wild speculation."

Just wanted to know if anyone else on here knew anything else.

Updated On: 5/16/22 at 04:23 PM

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#9Neil Patrick Harris joining Hadestown as Hermes??
Posted: 5/16/22 at 4:47pm

There is no credible rumor. Someone idly speculated on it here and some other people decided to run with it. 

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Emmeline Carter
#10Neil Patrick Harris joining Hadestown as Hermes??
Posted: 5/16/22 at 4:58pm

Wasn't aware this was against the rules. Please delete this post if not allowed. 

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#11Neil Patrick Harris joining Hadestown as Hermes??
Posted: 5/16/22 at 5:03pm

It's not against any rules.  Sutton is just being salty.

The only way to substantiate a rumor is with fact.  Until ANY notice goes up stating who is replacing in HS, is the only way to know for sure.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#12Neil Patrick Harris joining Hadestown as Hermes??
Posted: 5/16/22 at 6:43pm

Nope. 

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#13Neil Patrick Harris joining Hadestown as Hermes??
Posted: 5/16/22 at 6:56pm

I’d rather see him replace Hugh Jackman in The Music Man

Oh look, a bibu!

Ke3
#14Neil Patrick Harris joining Hadestown as Hermes??
Posted: 5/16/22 at 8:27pm

TotallyEffed said: "I'm confused why NPH would replace in ANY show on Broadway."

THIS is what has me confused. I'm not a big fan, but are we so far past the height of his fame that the man can't open a show himself? 

soulmistin Profile Photo
soulmistin
#15Neil Patrick Harris joining Hadestown as Hermes??
Posted: 5/16/22 at 8:29pm

I was having a discussion last night at the Walter Kerr about this, and unless the people I was talking to are wrong (which I would be very doubtful of) , this is wildly incorrect. While I’m not at liberty to spoil the fun and say who, the next Hermes will be a woman. 

Updated On: 5/16/22 at 08:29 PM

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#16Neil Patrick Harris joining Hadestown as Hermes??
Posted: 5/16/22 at 8:30pm

I can only imagine he has enough film/TV money to last several lifetimes. I don’t really believe any of these rumors, but who knows? He won his Tony. Maybe replacing would be low pressure fun for him.

willep
#17Neil Patrick Harris joining Hadestown as Hermes??
Posted: 5/16/22 at 8:34pm

EDSOSLO858 said: "I’d rather see him replace Hugh Jackman inThe Music Man."

I’d rather they stick with the superheroes and get Zac Levi to replace Jackman.

Broadway61004
#18Neil Patrick Harris joining Hadestown as Hermes??
Posted: 5/16/22 at 8:42pm

I heard he was going to be the next Hermes but only after he stars in Rebecca first. 

Emmeline Carter
#19Neil Patrick Harris joining Hadestown as Hermes??
Posted: 5/16/22 at 8:51pm

Updated On: 5/16/22 at 08:51 PM

Emmeline Carter
#20Neil Patrick Harris joining Hadestown as Hermes??
Posted: 5/16/22 at 8:52pm

soulmistin said: "I was having a discussion last night at the Walter Kerr about this, and unless the people I was talking to are wrong (which I would be very doubtful of) , this is wildly incorrect. While I’m not at liberty to spoil the fun and say who, the next Hermes will be a woman."

Anymore hints you could give?? (I'm really eager to know honestly) Thanks!!

soulmistin Profile Photo
soulmistin
#21Neil Patrick Harris joining Hadestown as Hermes??
Posted: 5/16/22 at 9:00pm

Emmeline Carter said: "soulmistin said: "I was having a discussion last night at the Walter Kerr about this, and unless the people I was talking to are wrong (which I would be very doubtful of) , this is wildly incorrect. While I’m not at liberty to spoil the fun and say who, the next Hermes will be a woman."

"

My disclaimer here is that of course I can never really guarantee if these things are true. I was given a (frankly shocking) name but it seems even if they don’t get her, it’ll still be a woman. Zero clue where NPH came from. 

nativenewyorker2
#22Neil Patrick Harris joining Hadestown as Hermes??
Posted: 5/16/22 at 9:12pm

Miley Cyrus

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
#23Neil Patrick Harris joining Hadestown as Hermes??
Posted: 5/16/22 at 9:48pm

Tom Waits is RIGHT THERE, people. (Although giving him a script he has to follow and no room to improvise does seem like a waste.)

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#24Neil Patrick Harris joining Hadestown as Hermes??
Posted: 5/16/22 at 9:49pm

Beyonce works for me.

annang
#25Neil Patrick Harris joining Hadestown as Hermes??
Posted: 5/16/22 at 10:09pm

soulmistin said: "Emmeline Carter said: "soulmistin said: "I was having a discussion last night at the Walter Kerr about this, and unless the people I was talking to are wrong (which I would be very doubtful of) , this is wildly incorrect. While I’m not at liberty to spoil the fun and say who, the next Hermes will be a woman."

"

My disclaimer here is that of course I can never really guarantee if these things are true. I was given a (frankly shocking) name but it seems even if they don’t get her, it’ll still be a woman. Zero clue where NPH came from.
"

People have been saying that Lady Gaga wants to do a Broadway show… 

Videos