http://www.playbill.com/news/article/123813.html

Adam Pascal- Roger
Anthony Rapp- Mark
Nicolette Hart- Maureen
Justin Johnston- Angel
Michael McElroy- Collins
Lexi Lawson- Mimi
Gwen Stewart- Seasons of Love Soloist

For the most part I am happy with the casting. I can't stand Nicolette. I don't know Lexi Lawson. Also I don't like that everyone is alumni.

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#2re: Rent Tour Cast Announced
Posted: 12/1/08 at 9:22am

While I get the novelty of Adam and Anthony being in the tour, to have 38 year-old Pascal ogling a girl telling her she looks 16 is a little creepy.

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#2re: Rent Tour Cast Announced
Posted: 12/1/08 at 9:49am

No Joanne yet?

I wonder if, with Spamalot's closing, they're trying to get Merle Dandridge...

lstbutifulgrl2
#3re: Rent Tour Cast Announced
Posted: 12/1/08 at 10:04am

i've heard rumors of who the joanne is, but I don't think anything is signed.

"Sometimes on the strip, the dreams you come in with, ain't the dreams you leave with" ~Rock of Ages
"I'm a butterfly, trivial and small, and in the greater scheme of things, I don't mean much at all." ~The Story of My Life
"Forget Regret, or life is yours to miss." ~Rent

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#4re: Rent Tour Cast Announced
Posted: 12/1/08 at 10:08am

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=410142042

http://www.ramtalent.com/Women.htm

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

lstbutifulgrl2
#5re: Rent Tour Cast Announced
Posted: 12/1/08 at 10:12am

I'm just kinda surprised that since they made such a big deal about this tour being Alumni that they chose someone new for such a major role.

"Sometimes on the strip, the dreams you come in with, ain't the dreams you leave with" ~Rock of Ages
"I'm a butterfly, trivial and small, and in the greater scheme of things, I don't mean much at all." ~The Story of My Life

danmag Profile Photo
danmag
#6re: Rent Tour Cast Announced
Posted: 12/1/08 at 10:12am

I am positive that whatever night I get tickets to see Rent Adam and/or Anthony will be out sick. I just know it.

"This show had the WORST magnets on Broadway!"

broadwayfan7 Profile Photo
broadwayfan7
#7re: Rent Tour Cast Announced
Posted: 12/1/08 at 10:31am

I really like the casting a lot. Looking forward to it coming to my city in June!

"Everytime you step on that stage it is somebody's first Broadway show and somebody's last Broadway show. Make it count."

feline0favenueQ Profile Photo
feline0favenueQ
#8re: Rent Tour Cast Announced
Posted: 12/1/08 at 10:33am

They wanted Antonique but contarct terms could not be reached.

I can't find a picture of Lexi. Can anyone help me out?

PiraguaGuy2
#9re: Rent Tour Cast Announced
Posted: 12/1/08 at 10:41am

Pascal is 38?
Ew...

Formerly SirNotAppearing - Joined 3/08

trinaaron Profile Photo
trinaaron
#10re: Rent Tour Cast Announced
Posted: 12/1/08 at 10:45am

Does anyone know the age of the person playing Mimi? Also, that is almost the same cast that I saw this summer which doesn't make me all that happy. 6 months ago I would have been jumping at the chance to see this again, but now....not so much.

lstbutifulgrl2
#11re: Rent Tour Cast Announced
Posted: 12/1/08 at 10:57am

her myspace says she was in Jospeh on Broadway as "child" and that had to be 15 years ago... i would probably put her in her mid to late twenties, just based on pictures. i could be totally wrong tho.

broadwayrob
#12re: Rent Tour Cast Announced
Posted: 12/1/08 at 11:06am

not.
happy.
at.
all.

Seriously.. So they're getting 4 good people... an unknown and couple of people that I REALLY did not enjoy in their respective roles.

I'm interested in who is the ensemble now... but

yeah.. such a let down.

anything you do let it come from you and it will be new.

withoutyou08
#13re: Rent Tour Cast Announced
Posted: 12/1/08 at 11:24am

lexi looks like she'd make a great mimi but her singing could go either way. you never know guys she could be amazing in the role.

what if susan blackwell hung out with boq, trekkie monster, the SOL soloist#2, and the piragua guy on a daily basis?

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#14re: Rent Tour Cast Announced
Posted: 12/1/08 at 12:00pm

I can't find a picture of Lexi. Can anyone help me out?

If you scroll up you can see that I posted a couple links.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

Shannon Bo Dannon Profile Photo
Shannon Bo Dannon
#15re: Rent Tour Cast Announced
Posted: 12/1/08 at 12:09pm

I can't wait to see the show in Dallas this May!

I also can't wait to see Adam and Anthony, even though they definitely are way too old for the parts, but hey I'm not complaining.

I don't know much about the rest of the cast, I'm looking forward to seeing what they'll do.
Updated On: 12/1/08 at 12:09 PM

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#16re: Rent Tour Cast Announced
Posted: 12/1/08 at 12:12pm

I caught the screening of the final cast (Which I didn't care for). I also didn't care for McElroy as Collins and Johnston was ok as Angel. It will be here in June. I am really seeing it for Rapp and Pascal. I couldn't get to NYC to see the original cast but I really enjoyed the 1st National Tour cast.

Just give the world Love.

theaterdude87 Profile Photo
theaterdude87
#17re: Rent Tour Cast Announced
Posted: 12/1/08 at 12:28pm

Lexi is extremely talented. She will be great.

for fierce, fabulous and fun times visit eric mathew's world. http://ericmathew.blogspot.com/

South Fl Marc Profile Photo
South Fl Marc
#18re: Rent Tour Cast Announced
Posted: 12/1/08 at 12:36pm

I can't believe they are STILL doing the same roles. It's time for them to find different shows - they are WAY TOO OLD for "Rent".

I guess they are getting a ton of money and have no other alternatives right now.

broadwayrob
#19re: Rent Tour Cast Announced
Posted: 12/1/08 at 12:43pm

Well Marc.. they DID do different roles after they left the show *Aida, YAGMCB, Hedwig* and they were asked to come back for the people who didn't get to see their return to the show last year.

You also have to know that this was the beginning for both of these guys. Especially someone like Adam Pascal who had no theatrical credits to his name before he got into the show.

anything you do let it come from you and it will be new.

Khashoggi Profile Photo
Khashoggi
#20re: Rent Tour Cast Announced
Posted: 12/1/08 at 4:05pm

A lot of people got their starts as unknowns on Broadway, doesn't mean they need to keep back and doing those roles again. And again. And again. Its over for them. They're wrong for the roles now, they need to let it go.

"I will join this conversation on the proviso that we stop bitching about people. Wigs, dresses, bust sizes, penises, nightclubs and bloody Kylie!" - Bernadette, Priscilla Queen of the Desert the Musical

RoxieRose3 Profile Photo
RoxieRose3
#21re: Rent Tour Cast Announced
Posted: 12/1/08 at 4:09pm

They are WAY to old for their roles now. Though I love Gwen, she should move on as well.

jimmycurry01
#22re: Rent Tour Cast Announced
Posted: 12/1/08 at 4:20pm

Adam and Anthony are reprising their roles because there is still enough of an audience that will pay big to see them, such as myself, and during this piss poor economy who would turn down work?

As for 38 being too old, Adam is the same age as Will Chase who just finished on Broadway and they aren't the only 30 somethings to have done the role.

andrewcomp Profile Photo
andrewcomp
#23re: Rent Tour Cast Announced
Posted: 12/1/08 at 4:34pm

RENT's facebook, so I don't know how reliable this is, but:
Joining Pascal and Rapp who reprise their award-winning roles, and Stewart, are Nicolette Hart (Maureen Johnson), Justin Johnston (Angel Schunard), Lexi Lawson (Mimi Marquez), Michael McElroy (Tom Collins), Jacques C. Smith (Benjamin Coffin III), and Haneefah Wood (Joanne Jefferson). The ensemble is rounded out by Karmine Alers, Toby Blackwell, Adam Halpin, Trisha Jeffrey, Telly Leung, Caren Lyn Manuel, Jed Resnick, Andy Senor, Yuka Takara, and John Watson.

PiraguaGuy2
#24re: Rent Tour Cast Announced
Posted: 12/1/08 at 4:37pm

So I guess Caryn won't be doing HAIR.
Bummer.

It's also a little sad to see so many established performers like Telly and Yuka doing national tours. But, whatever, if they enjoy the roles.

Formerly SirNotAppearing - Joined 3/08

Videos