News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Mr. Peanut Man

Member Name: Mr. Peanut Man
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Aubrey O'Day in Hairspray
 Aug 29 2008, 12:58:19 PM
I was pleasantly suprised with her. I'm also really glad that the show didn't try and make her the star by giving her a later bow or making her presence more well known... Unlike some other person we know over at ACL.
re: 13: anyone interested?
 Aug 15 2008, 02:39:49 PM
I've been turned off by the music. The title song sounds like it was written by a thirteen year old rather than a grown up man who we know can produce absolutley beauiful and haunting music. I just can't imagine these kids doing eight shows a week without doing permanent damage to their voices. Some adults can't even handle that schedule!
re: How is front row center at the Music Box?
 Aug 15 2008, 02:36:21 PM
No, I don't think they are. The tickets are subjcet to availability so I assume the give you whatevery is left over. The last couple of times I tried they didn't have any because they expected the performance to be sold out. I ended up getting a ticket on and saw it form the mezz. In my opinion it's the best place to see the show because you get a great view of all the action in the house. I still can't get over how amazing that set was!
re: McAnuff to Direct Guys and Dolls for Spring 09
 Jul 29 2008, 01:24:10 PM
Sorry, misread the announcement. No need to get snippy.
 Jul 29 2008, 01:22:58 PM
I agree. From the success of this year's Gypsy an South Pacific, there's still an appreciation out there for a full orchestra on Broadway.
 Jul 29 2008, 01:18:10 PM
Considering that LuPone's Gypsy will probably close in march when her contract runs out, it's probably safe to assume that Guys and Dolls will probably take the St. James. Also, does anyone know if the cast that included Patrick Wilson, John C. Reily, Anne Hathaway and Debra Messing is still attached?
re: Show tunes with a travel theme
 Jul 23 2008, 11:42:16 PM
"On My Way" from Violet
re: Who was the nicest Broadway actor or actress you met?
 Jul 21 2008, 11:39:16 PM
Beth Leavel was so gracious and we were having a nice talk until a guy cut me off to talk about how he saw her in a show when he went to her high school.

Also, Haviland Stilwell was incredibly nice after the Les Mis revival. When she heard we came from towns with the same name she was so psyched until she realized they were in separate states. Still, she was incredibly friendly as were Alex Gemingamni and Celia Keenan Bolger.

re: Cheno Emmy Nomination
 Jul 17 2008, 02:48:17 PM
I'm so happy not only for her but also for Lee Pace. Pushing Daisies is such a great show. I'm so glad it got recognized for its first season and I hope the second season doesn't suffer from a sophomore slump.
re: Why we should not have high school productions of POTO.
 Apr 10 2008, 09:32:45 PM
The photo at the beginning of the thread is definitely from the production at Fairfield High School just outside of Cincinatti. Generally, they have a very strong arts program with a nationally renowned show choir the "Choraliers" and a very dedicated group of students willing to put there time and energy into a production like this. Last year they did a staging of Les Miserables
re: Depp and the Oscar
 Dec 23 2007, 06:03:24 PM
RentBoy,As for your question as to who is as is a lock for leading actress, you have three ladies who are basically assured nominations. Julie Christie in Away From Her is racking up critic's prize after crictic's prize for her role as a woman with Alzheimer's. Then we have Marion Cotillard for La Vie En Rose for her bravura performance as Edith Piaf. Finally, Ellen Page for Juno as the young teen who becomes pregnant and in the process finds herself.

After that, it gets a little fuz

re: SWEENEY TODD/HAIRSPRAY nominated for a bunch of Golden Globes
 Dec 13 2007, 05:13:17 PM
Although I don't consider Travolta's performance incredible, you have to think about who nominated him. The Hollywood Foreign Press Association is a group of 90 journalists who love to scratch the back's of huge hollywood box office draws. When they have their ceremony, they aim at filling that ballroom with the biggest stars of film and television. Granted, breakthrough actresses such has Ellen Page, Marion Cotillard and Amy Ryan made it in. But that's becasue their performances' are too bi
re: Which show will be the big hit this season - MERMAID or FRANKENSTEIN.
 Jun 30 2007, 02:10:29 PM
Yes, it's a great cast but the majority of theatergoers are tourists and the only person they will recognize is Mullally. I don't think Brooks is going to get the audience he's expecting.
re: How did this get to Broadway?
 Jun 30 2007, 01:15:52 AM
Xanadu
The Wedding Singer
The Color Purple
Tarzan (Can't belive it didn't close sooner)
Legally Blone (Now I think it looks entertaining)
High Fidelity

re: Which show will be the big hit this season - MERMAID or FRANKENSTEIN.
 Jun 30 2007, 01:10:53 AM
I think Mermaid will be a huge financial success due it's name but the overall quality of recent Disney shows creates a lot of hesitation for me. The only think that is keeping me interested is the return of a Ashman/Menken score to Broadway.

As for YF, I think Brooks is banking too much on the wave of acclaim he recieved for the Producers. Unforutnately, he hasn't done things that have put him in good light. All this searching for a theater business and the high ticket prices is tur

re: Legally Blonde at Borders. Ashford as Elle
 May 13 2007, 10:54:46 PM
Wow, I would love to see the entire show with Analeigh playing Elle.
re: Drowsy Chaperone Stage DoorI
 Apr 29 2007, 10:20:55 AM
I sent Sutton my CD cover and got it back personalized and signed. That's something most stars wouldn't take time to do at the stage door.
re: Who has been nicest to you at the Stage Door?
 Apr 23 2007, 10:01:12 PM
Daphne Rubin Vega
Alex Gemingani
Beth Leavel
Bob Martin

re: Behind the Scenes Video: Backstage at Spring Awakening with Jonathan Gr
 Apr 12 2007, 08:36:14 PM
What a great cast! I love the quotes on the mirror in Remy and Krysta's dressing room. Remy looks so young, how old is she? I really need to see this show!
re: Which is your favorite BROADWAY theatre??
 Apr 12 2007, 08:04:15 PM
Broadhurst, Palace, Shubert
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You