News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Neverandy

Neverandy Profile Photo
Member Name: Neverandy
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

The Most Horrendous Rendition of  Oct 29 2013, 10:51:04 AM
re: Stars and Moon-She made it a 7 minute song!!!!1

The Most Horrendous Rendition of  Oct 29 2013, 10:46:42 AM
Raunchy is good too. The Monologue alone...
The Most Horrendous Rendition of  Oct 29 2013, 10:18:52 AM
for those that click on this-for the love of god stick with it till around the 4 and a half minute mark. and then stay to the end...
Health Insurance for  Oct 26 2013, 02:31:44 PM
Sorry I kinda jumped down your throat-I re-read your post and I admit, you weren't begrudging him.
I think that because of the legal situation, things are probably moving very very slowly in terms of workers comp, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if the company which handles the liability insurance is conducting a thorough (i.e. stupidly long) investigation of their own before they start paying out any funds to the victimHe probably is just starting to get the hospital bills, and combined with t

Health Insurance for  Oct 26 2013, 02:24:45 PM
Firstly- The performers in Spiderman are working on an Equity Contract, not AGMA.
In regards to the benefit-Put yourself in his situation and think about it-He's a dancer in his 20's who had parts of his foot or leg amputated. His current and future earning potential has completely gone away. He's trained his entire life to work at the top of his field and, at 23 had already made his Broadway debut, so he is no doubt, very very talented. Short of getting killed onstage, this is about as bad

Breaking: LES MISERABLES Announces First Wave of 2014 Broadway Cast - Ramin Karimloo, Will Swenson, Nikki M. James & Caissie Levy  Oct 22 2013, 05:45:39 PM
Karimloo and Swenson look a lot alike.
Les Mis 2014 Casting?  Oct 16 2013, 11:58:06 AM
Mccarrelll as JVJ?
Les Mis 2014 Casting?  Oct 7 2013, 04:04:53 PM
From what I've heard everything is cast right now except Enjolras (appointments are next week-every man who can sing in New York is trying to get seen)
I wouldn't expect an announcement for another few weeks. I think Cameron is waiting to let the Toronto production get it's legs before he makes an announcement about Broadway. Figure another few weeks or so.

BIG FISH Reviews  Oct 6 2013, 11:48:19 PM
I saw this show in the second week of previews and I was astounded that the people around me were so into it while I was unmoved. Brantley summed up my thoughts about this show almost exactly. NLB, among many other talented people in this cast, deserve much better work from the creative team than what they were given with this show.

Overused Audition Songs?  Mar 31 2013, 09:20:06 AM
great post Temms.

Overused Audition Songs?  Mar 31 2013, 12:01:54 AM
This is for the New York non-eq and Equity professional audition scene. If you were to steal someone's binder while waiting in line at any audition, you would have an 80-90% chance of finding at least one of these songs.
In no particular order-

Street where you live
My white knight
Shixa goddess
Her Face
Soliloquy (carousel)
Vanilla Ice Cream
Gimme Gimme
Son of a Preacher Man
Alone
High Flying Adored
If I Can't Love Her
Popular
You can

Most intelligent broadway actor  Mar 3 2013, 01:59:55 AM
Nick Wyman-countless Broadway shows and current president of Equity, is very very smart. I think he got a 1600 on his SAT's
Why is Barry Manilow not selling better?  Feb 11 2013, 11:11:59 PM
^ but I thought music and passion were always the fashion...

SPECULATION thread -- the four vacant theaters  Jan 31 2013, 10:32:11 PM
Allegiance is getting another workshop this spring I believe. Still some stuff that needs to be polished from the San Diego version before it comes in possibly next fall. Les Mis is not coming in until at least after its Toronto run concludes (early '14?)
Casting  Jan 19 2013, 06:03:16 PM
"If producers are not open to it they can go after the actor they want themselves and start discussing their contract immediately. If they want options and good casting, with all it's aspects, they can come to me."

This is exactly what I described as happening in my first posting on this ridiculous thread, you obtuse nincompoop! I think you enjoy posting rhetorical musings and then taking umbrage at those who dare engage you in normal discourse. Shame on me for following you down this p

Casting  Jan 19 2013, 05:39:06 PM
And your casting office will shut down because it will not serve the needs of your clients, only the needs of its incompetent and immature owner. Your reputation around here is well-earned.
Casting  Jan 19 2013, 05:13:16 PM
I guess I am the troll (7 years on this board,100's of posts) for explaining that sometimes auditions don't even take place for some projects, and also pointing out that a director on a press junket and a theatrical producer known for hyperbole, (and I know this from personal interaction with the man) might decide to stretch the truth to publicize a movie during award season.
This board...I tell ya.

Casting  Jan 19 2013, 10:31:51 AM
Thinking that what is said by someone in interviews during press junkets and award season interviews is representative of the actual casting process is what is actually naive.
The Studio needed names-Hugh Jackman has a Musical theater background and is a conventional "leading man". That is why he played Valjean. The altered Keys of the major songs is proof that they were willing to work around certain things (I have a history with the Cam-Mack production and no Valjean that I can recall ever

Miss Saigon Movie Cast  Dec 31 2012, 10:48:33 AM
I believe I read an in-depth interview of Jackie Chan a few years ago in which he described his training as a child in Chinese Opera. From what he described, in addition to the strict instruction in dance and martial arts it was also a multi-discipline style training which would suggest that he has the chops for the Engineer (his performance in Mulan also would deem him appropriate).
I would think that the studio would want either him or Wattanabe in order to have someone with a high enough

Les Mis back to Broadway?  Dec 28 2012, 09:45:04 PM
The actors playing Valjean and Javert DO NOT appear in At The End Of The Day in any of the Cameron Mackintosh produced stagings of Les Mis. Traditionally, they are the only two tracks that do not swing into the chorus during the the course of the show.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You