News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for bwaymemoir

bwaymemoir Profile Photo
Member Name: bwaymemoir
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Patti LuPone out, Linda Balgord on today, Sat Nov. 22 Matinee
 Nov 22 2008, 07:34:38 PM
Linda's on again tonight.
re: Patti LuPone out, Linda Balgord on today, Sat Nov. 22 Matinee
 Nov 22 2008, 11:40:56 AM
Yes, although she's been rehearsing for months. Exciting!
Patti LuPone out, Linda Balgord on today, Sat Nov. 22 Matinee
 Nov 22 2008, 11:38:33 AM
Feel better, Patti! Break a leg, Linda!!!
b'way beauty sex bust
 Dec 6 2006, 01:46:22 PM
Any kind of sex between a minor and an adult is illegal. This is true in every state, although the age of consent changes, in New York, I believe it is 17. Even if the minor "wants it". Here's what I found on the internet:

What is Statutory Rape?

It’s a crime committed when an adult has sexual intercourse with a minor. Who is a minor? Anyone under the age of 18, (or 16; check this list and the current laws in your state.)

What can happen if an adult has sex with a minor? Even if he is your boyfriend? If reported, that person may be arrested, tried in a court of law, and sent to jail. What happens if the sex is consensual and one is a minor? Even if they both agree to have sex, it is still statutory rape.

More info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statutory_rape

re: B'Way Beauty Sex Bust
 Dec 6 2006, 10:50:54 AM
"If anything DID happen it was probably very light and she took it very seriously and was, as teenage girls and boys happen to get, upset/pissed it didn't go any farther."

From a legal point of view, she was a minor and he was an adult. Period. This is about HIS judgement (or lack of), not hers. While I appreciate that people are innocent until proven guilty, I'd REALLY appreciate if people would consider that she was a minor and it can not be consensual in the eyes of the law--ev

re: BroadwayWorld.com BACK-TO-SCHOOL BOOK REPORT Part I
 Sep 8 2006, 11:35:58 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm Sharon Wheatley, author of 'Til The Fat Girl Sings, which was reviewed on Broadway World today (big thanks Naomi Plume for the great review!!). I just finished AVENUE Q in Las Vegas, and since then I have been promoting my book about growing up overweight and underestimated. The response has been amazing! If you have read my book and written to me--thank you, and I hope you liked my personal response. I've been very touched by the intimate letters from readers detaili

Currently Reading
 Jul 7 2006, 11:37:20 AM
Broadway actress Sharon Wheatley's book, 'Til the Fat Girl Sings was just named as one of the best reads for the summer on Good Morning America!! Here's the link for the complete list, check it out.

http://a.abcnews.com/GMA/Summer/story?id=2147781&page=1

Intimate memoir 'Til the Fat Girl Sings in book stores NOW. NYC book signing Thursday, June 8th
 Jun 7 2006, 11:20:55 AM
Who: Three time Broadway actress and recent star of AVENUE Q Vegas, Sharon Wheatley, author of Til the Fat Girl Sings: From an Overweight Nobody to a Broadway Somebody, A Memoir

What: A book signing and discussion for Til the Fat Girl Sings by Sharon Wheatley an important, timely narrative that gives a heart-wrenching personal voice to Americas
teenage obesity epidemic. Publisher's Weekly said:
"What's a gal to do when she tips the scales at 230 pounds and longs to sing on

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You