News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for OrdinaryJukebox

Member Name: OrdinaryJukebox
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Tonya Pinkins  Apr 26 2013, 05:45:54 PM
I adored her work in "Caroline, or Change." Some of the absolute best I'd ever seen in a show. I was baffled when she lost the Tony.

However, her antics on Facebook have led me to not care for her. The day after the Newtown shootings she thought it was appropriate to post a long diatribe about mass murders are always white men, blah, blah, blah. It seemed inappropriate, insensitive, and racist.

So Pippin is winning Best Revival right?  Apr 23 2013, 10:37:57 PM
Ugh ....
SHOWGIRLS THE MUSICAL!  Apr 22 2013, 09:36:17 AM
Awww, thanks Brian!! :)
Am I the only person who hated FELA!?  Apr 18 2013, 04:59:32 PM
I find bigotry and misogyny and homophobia exciting and wonderful, too.
SHOWGIRLS THE MUSICAL!  Apr 17 2013, 04:52:22 PM
I auditioned for this. The script is actually kind of funny. I mean, it's so absurd (is there any other way to go with it), but funny.

I won't be seeing it because I still have a sour-grape mentality about shows that don't hire me. I find it very difficult to part with money for a show that rejected me. lol

Disgraced Wins 2013 Pulitzer  Apr 15 2013, 04:04:08 PM
So thrilled "Rapture, Blister, Burn" was recognized.

Would I ruffle feathers if I posted comment about Jeremy Jordan and Smash?  Apr 14 2013, 02:49:45 PM
I, too, think he has a bright future ... not because of his talent, though. Definitely because of his looks and probably his agent.
Would I ruffle feathers if I posted comment about Jeremy Jordan and Smash?  Apr 13 2013, 04:50:30 PM
Theaterfan, you make a great point; however, that would imply that "Smash" makes ANY kind of sense. It is so out of the realm of realism (even for TV) it drives me nuts.
Would I ruffle feathers if I posted comment about Jeremy Jordan and Smash?  Apr 13 2013, 09:46:59 AM
Huh, I think Hilty made the transition from stage to screen effortlessly. To each his/her own, I guess.

Maybe Jorden and Tviet (or however you spell his name) would benefit greatly from Acting for the Camera classes.

Am I the only person who hated FELA!?  Apr 12 2013, 02:34:57 PM
I'm sure you're not the only person who hated it. I wouldn't even consider seeing it. How/why there would be a musical produced about an ignorant, chauvinistic, homophobic, and sexist individual is beyond me. Would anyone on this board be quick to flock to (and praise) a musical about a racist?
Would I ruffle feathers if I posted comment about Jeremy Jordan and Smash?  Apr 11 2013, 06:44:51 PM
To the original poster: You'll learn that on this board, you simply can not win so don't try. Post what you want to post, where you want to post it, whenever you want to post it. If I didn't want to look at it, I simply avoid the tread.

Also, I couldn't agree more!!! He's horrible!!!!!!!!!! It makes me wonder how many blow jobs he's given to land where he is. Not bad to look at, but yowza! Highly, highly overrated.

Bye Bye Birdie - How To Kill A Man Ballet  Apr 9 2013, 01:47:55 PM
Barbara-Ann didn't deserve the role; she got it because Chita is her aunt ...

I'm totally kidding, I don't know this person at all. :P

Has the Broadway Baritone died?  Apr 9 2013, 01:47:02 PM
Well said ChairinMain; I noticed a few on Newintown's list as not REALLY being baritone roles (not an attack on you Newintown). As a baritone, I see some of those but then I see where some of those characters have to go, vocally, and I'm like, "Um, no. NOT baritone territory."

I played Lockstock and loved the role; sat really well in my voice and even though he touches a G, he doesn't SIT up there.

Has the Broadway Baritone died?  Apr 9 2013, 12:26:19 PM
Men HAVE to sing the high notes nowadays. Altos have a rough time, too but I feel like all men have to have an Elphaba-like range to get work. I feel like every role for a man is the equivalent to what Elphaba is to women ... it's very frustrating!
Bye Bye Birdie - How To Kill A Man Ballet  Apr 9 2013, 10:03:27 AM
It was definitely added/created for Chita. I just did a regional production of "Bye Bye Birdie" a few months back and there was never a question of cutting it. :)
New PORGY AND BESS Movie  Apr 6 2013, 07:30:39 PM
Good God don't go to Beyonce or Jennifer Hudson. Audra, Audra, Audra, Audra, Audra!!!!!!!
Aaron Tveit One-Man Show  Apr 2 2013, 10:46:59 PM
Ugh, just ugh ...

Another pretty faced, overrated "actor/singer" with an obnoxious fan base. I will be skipping this one.

Also, I hope he's since watched himself in "Les Mis" and has gotten with some Acting for the Camera classes.

Orlando Bloom & Condola Rashad to star in Romeo&Juliet Revival on Broadway  Apr 1 2013, 01:40:01 PM
This is so gimmick-y and wrong and desperate. Neither of these people should be cast in this production.
Orlando Bloom & Condola Rashad to star in Romeo&Juliet Revival on Broadway  Apr 1 2013, 10:48:52 AM
oh god ...
Will PIPPIN be a hit?  Mar 28 2013, 11:52:13 AM
The different between what Laurents would say and what I say is that I know my opinion is just that; my opinion. He spoke as if his word were fact and law. :P
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You