News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for TFMH18

TFMH18 Profile Photo
Member Name: TFMH18
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/23/19  Jun 24 2019, 05:31:26 PM

With Constitution making all this money (and the next to nothing running costs of this show), I am surprised they have not yet announced recoupment; it leads me to believe they're sitting on the announcement and waiting for maximum publicity. I thought that was true Pre-Tonys and they would do it in the lead up but still no. It HAS to have made back the investment by now, right? It is bringing in money hand over fist.

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 5/26/19  May 28 2019, 04:47:20 PM

Constitution's numbers continue to be the success story of the season.

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 5/19/19  May 20 2019, 03:43:17 PM

Both Beetlejuice and Tootsie are also proving to be not very hot tickets. Hadestown truly is the singular smash of the season."

I would argue Constitution, too. It's grossing incredibly well and selling out. I imagine they've recouped their investment and are waiting for to announce it just before Tonys for peak publicity. 

Brantley and Green's WILL WIN/SHOULD WIN 2019  May 14 2019, 12:49:50 PM

Still holding out hope for a long shot Constitution best play win. 

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 5/12/19  May 13 2019, 03:17:29 PM

Those Constitution numbers, I seriously cannot get over them. Also do we think Be More Chill will even make it to the Tonys? Yikes. 

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 5/5/19  May 6 2019, 06:01:10 PM

What the Constitution Means to Me is making more money than Be More Chill (and no I do not mean more profit). Let that sink in.

Way Too Early 2019 Tony Predictions thread  May 1 2019, 04:58:29 PM

^^WOW, a friendly exchange on these boards? We're all winners here! :))

Way Too Early 2019 Tony Predictions thread  Apr 30 2019, 05:28:36 PM

I know there's enough boasting on these boards but the below from a few days ago, in response to my saying that it's a two-horse race between Ferryman and Constitution, is too sweet not to re-post :) 

"A woman telling her own story and people listening is a great narrative. But an awards-darling producer with a production of an American literary classic (by a much-respected writer who has never won) chock-full of Broadway veterans that is sellin

Way Too Early 2019 Tony Predictions thread  Apr 29 2019, 09:34:42 AM

"Heidi Schreck is clearly brilliant and charming, but it felt like a beautifully personal stand-up routine/ law school lecture. Hard to think of her along the same lines as Sorkin or Metcalf, if that makes any sense? Just not sure what dictates a production into that "special category"....?"

The very fact that you say this proves exactly WHY Heidi is deserving of a nomination. It's a non-traditional performance but an astounding performanc

Way Too Early 2019 Tony Predictions thread  Apr 26 2019, 10:09:33 AM

I think it's insane to count out Constitution in the best play race. I actually think it's a two-horse race between it and Ferryman. The fact that it's a mostly one-woman show does not work against it and in fact, sort of adds to this great narrative the play has had (a woman telling her story, and people listening). 

Best Actress in a Play predictions  Apr 23 2019, 11:09:30 AM

With all plays officially open now (except INK which does not have a female lead) we can more safely predict this category. I think the lukewarm reviews for All My Sons mean Bening will not make the cut (though she received positive notices, they weren't positive enough to transcend the show). My official prediction is: 

Laura Donnelly
Glenda Jackson
Elaine May
Laurie Metcalf 
Heidi Schreck

And I think as far as the winner goes, it's May'

All My Sons Reviews  Apr 23 2019, 10:11:07 AM

Am I missing something in that the Times review all but renders this play a non-competitor in all the acting fields and perhaps the (not at all stacked) play revival category as well? 

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/21/19  Apr 22 2019, 03:18:17 PM

That The Ferryman and Constitution are grossing just about the same, while the former's operating costs must be astronomically higher is interesting. (Of course, it's also been open for much longer I know, but still.) 

Way Too Early 2019 Tony Predictions thread  Apr 16 2019, 02:27:08 PM

I'm sure it's somewhere in this thread, but I think one of the most interesting races will be Fish VS. Chavkin for direction. For my money, it's the latter all the way but I could see it going the other way. (And I don't think anyone else in the race comes close.) 

Burn This Reviews  Apr 16 2019, 09:45:56 AM

I can't imagine why any show expecting positive reviews would do this. Having seen the show, I can't disagree.

Kong or Lear?  Apr 16 2019, 09:44:13 AM

God, neither. For a musical, The Prom or Hadestown. For a play, Constitution or The Ferryman. Thank me later.

Pulitzer Prizes Announced  Apr 15 2019, 12:41:42 PM

Constitution all the way. 

What The Constitution Means To Me Broadway Reviews  Apr 12 2019, 09:42:20 AM

^There are literally countless places to better have this conversation. Please look into it, thanks. 

Way Too Early 2019 Tony Predictions thread  Apr 11 2019, 10:04:53 AM

As far as best play is concerned, I could see the more "traditionalist" voters splitting between TKAM and Ferryman, leaving a clear pathway for What the Constitution Means to Me, particularly if it wins the Pulitzer. 

Early Pulitzer Frontrunners  Apr 9 2019, 12:27:54 PM

Fairview and Slave Play as the finalists with a win for Constitution. I would be utterly shocked if the latter in particular didn't come to fruition (which would also IMO lock up a nom for it as best play). 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You