News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Belle9

Belle9 Profile Photo
Member Name: Belle9
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Once Rush lately
 Nov 8 2014, 10:46:48 AM
I'm planning on rushing this Sunday. Anybody have a recommendation on what time I should get there? Three of us are trying to get tickets. Thanks!
Matilda Special Grammy Awards?
 Jan 27 2014, 05:00:04 PM
I'm sorry if this has been discussed already, but I saw a post from Emma Howard stating that the original Matildas, Tim Minchin, and Van Dean received "Special Merit Awards from the Grammys." I can't find anything else that references this. Anyone know what this was about? I know the cast recording was nominated for a Grammy, but didn't win. So what were these awards for?
:( THE MATILDAS ARE LEAVING!!
 Dec 7 2013, 08:05:17 PM
Hmm...could that be why Sophia is leaving so early? She would make an adorable Little Cosette. She could easily have played Matilda for another year with her age and size.
Craig Bierko as the Trunchbull
 Oct 4 2013, 08:08:10 PM
I came here to post almost exactly what TimmyJ51 wrote, so I'll recap.

Last night was my second viewing of Matilda. My first viewing was during previews in March, and I absolutely loved it. I agree that Bierko appeared to take something away from it. I thought Carvel was brilliant, and I wondered last night if part of my dislike for Bierko was my affinity for Carvel's performance and the cast recording. I don't know if my reaction would have been different if it was the first time I

Matilda Cast Changes
 Sep 4 2013, 01:02:21 AM
Analise Scarpaci and Marcus D'Angelo have both joined the show as swings. Now there are two swings for the boys and three for the girls. Anyone know if any of the other kids are leaving? Emma Howard is getting pretty tall.
Analise Scarpaci
 Aug 27 2013, 10:10:49 PM
I don't understand why she hasn't been added to the website yet. I'm assuming one of the swings left, because she played Hortensia tonight, and as far as I know, Emma Howard is still in the show. Either that or she's going to be replacing someone soon and they're just giving her a chance to perform.

D2, she played Esther Jane in A Christmas Story.

Annie
 Aug 1 2013, 06:36:27 PM
This video shows Sadie when she was rehearsing for a production of Annie nearly a year and a half ago. The video stood out to me then, and I'm sure she's improved by now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IKfqEMkao4

Matilda Cast Changes
 Jul 23 2013, 10:49:52 AM
Well Billy Elliot was a whole different situation, because the dancing required a very long grooming process, and it was difficult to find boys who fit the role. Matilda's kids have a big job, but it definitely wouldn't take that long to rehearse them.

On an interesting side note, I saw Alex Ko in the role of Billy in March of 2011, and his voice was already changing. He was a fantastic dancer and actor, but his changing voice seemed to be the cause of a lot of trouble with his singin

Matilda Cast Changes
 Jul 23 2013, 10:18:02 AM
I doubt that. No kid grows so fast that they wouldn't be able to get a replacement in time. Rehearsals usually only happen for a few weeks at most for an established show.
Matilda Cast Changes
 Jul 22 2013, 09:49:56 PM
Has there been any announcement on which kids are leaving the cast? I know Analise Scarpaci (A Christmas Story) recently started rehearsals as a new cast member. Does anyone have any more info on this?
The Official TONY Awards Thread
 Jun 9 2013, 09:57:16 PM
A Christmas Story was my favorite show this season! I'm glad they chose that song. I was sitting front row when I saw it, so I didn't have a good view of the tapping! If it wasn't a Christmas themed show, I guarantee it would have been a front-runner for best musical.
MATILDA performance on The View
 May 23 2013, 08:37:33 PM
Personally, I had no trouble whatsoever with the accents or the delivery when I was in the theater. I saw Sophia, and she was much easier to understand. I had heard the cast recording many times, so I'm sure that helped a great deal in lyrics comprehension, but dialogue was also clear. It was nothing like my experience with In the Heights, where the delivery led me to leave the theater entertained by the spectacle, but completely clueless about the plot of what I just saw.
MATILDA performance on The View
 May 22 2013, 07:28:54 PM
I really don't like Oona's accent. For those of you who saw Oona, was this performance on par with what you saw? I saw Sophia, and her accent sounded much less forced to me.
Are the Matildas the most talented kids on stage this season?
 May 21 2013, 09:59:23 PM
Kathy, by no means am I "faulting" Lilla. I'm just pointing out that Lilla is not the only Annie carrying the show. I know the promotional event you're referring to. That may have been the only televised event, but I have seen many pictures and youtube videos of Taylor making appearances at different events and performing songs as Annie. In fact, I've rarely seen footage of Lilla appearing at a small event. The other swings tend to be heavily featured at these events as well. I personally
 May 21 2013, 07:19:31 PM
Lilla goes on more than the Matildas, but she certainly isn't taking it on herself. Taylor Richardson goes on at least twice a week for Annie, and she also seems to do a great deal of promotional events.

Matilda is on stage for nearly all of her show as well. While I don't think the role is as vocally demanding as Annie, there is much more depth dramatically, and the Matildas are much younger.

May 21 2013, 04:26:21 PM
I'm not sure how I feel about this, but I'm just wondering, were they not eligible or was this a special distinction? If they weren't eligible, was it because they share the part or because they're kids?

I saw Matilda, A Christmas Story, and Annie this season. To be honest, Annie seemed to impress me the least. But of course, it's all a matter of opinion. The A Christmas Story kids were extremely impressive, as was the Matilda ensemble. I saw Sophia as Matilda in previews. I can't

Matilda Stage Door
 May 20 2013, 09:50:55 PM
Is there a reason for that? When I saw A Christmas Story, I waited at the stage door because I knew one of the kids in the cast. I got autographs from almost all the kids, and I didn't even have to ask! They were all just so excited to be signing. I can see it being a security issue maybe, but it seems like the Matilda kids are missing out on a part of the Broadway experience.
Matilda Stage Door
 May 20 2013, 09:42:49 PM
Just wondering...if the kids don't come out, does that mean they leave a different way to avoid the crowds? Or am I missing something obvious?
Zachary Levi + Krysta Rodriguez = FIRST DATE leads
 May 20 2013, 03:23:13 PM
Clara, ignore the negativity. Thank you for posting this. I'm also a HUGE Zach fan and have been hoping for years that he'd make it to Broadway. I probably wouldn't have known anything about this if you had posted this on the original thread, so THANKS! :) I can't wait!!
West Side Story - Sequence of Events in Film vs. Stage Version
 May 18 2013, 06:07:52 PM
I've been a big fan of the West Side Story film since I was very young. When I saw it on stage for the first time a few years ago on Broadway, I was very confused by the positioning of "Cool" and "Gee, Officer Krupke." I know the stage version came first, but it just felt so out of place to have a comedic song at such a dramatic moment. Am I just more used to the film version, or does anyone feel the same way?
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You