News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for roseaddams

roseaddams Profile Photo
Member Name: roseaddams
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Occupation: Screenwriter (without actual pay or demand for my business)

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

2004: The Tony's Most Confusing Year  Jan 2 2024, 11:34:33 AM

blaxx said: "dramamama611 said: "I don't think these Tonys were confusing at all. It's also odd to be confused by the results when it doesn't sound like you actually saw most of the performances nominted."

The OP is obviously not very well-versed on Broadway matters.
"

But they think they are. 

MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Previews  Sep 24 2023, 12:52:51 AM

No matter where this thread goes, there you are to bring it back to insulting Daniel Radcliffe.

Question about Pippin's Theo Ending and Deaf West  May 9 2023, 09:40:33 PM

I saw the Deaf West production at the Mark Taper Forum and am pretty sure it had the Theo ending. I don't think I've ever seen a production of the show that used the original ending.

Has anyone seen « The Search for Intelligent… » with Cecily Strong at the Shed?  Jan 18 2022, 12:11:07 AM

What size are the programs? Was hoping to request one by mail and want to send the right-sized SASE. Thanks!

2020 Tony Nominations Thread  Oct 15 2020, 12:23:36 PM

sparksatmidnight said: "roseaddams said: "Has there been a single musical category where the nominees weren’t Moulin Rouge, Jagged Little Pill, and Tina?"

JLP and Tina weren't nominated for Best Actor...
"

True! They were in the midst of the design categories when I posted that for what it's worth.

2020 Tony Nominations Thread  Oct 15 2020, 12:12:16 PM
Has there been a single musical category where the nominees weren’t Moulin Rouge, Jagged Little Pill, and Tina?
Rights to Jacques Brel is Alive and Well and Living in Paris  Sep 10 2019, 01:52:54 AM
Oh god the condition of those band books. And the actor books too. Spent a week with an actor trying to figure out how to muscle memory a melody that went from G up to an E then back down to a B before one of us spotted that it wasn’t an E, it was an A written so sloppily that the flag on top looked like the notehead and the actual notehead was almost imperceptible. It was a fun show but a nightmare to actually rehearse.
Somebody took a flash photo of Audra and Michael's nude scene today  Jul 22 2019, 02:05:02 AM
Let’s applaud the ushers for not trying to reprimand someone for breaking theater rules and committing harassment ‘cause technically they don’t have to!!!
Santino Fontana end date?  May 11 2018, 01:48:35 AM
Does anyone know when Santino Fontana’s last show in Hello, Dolly! is? Apologies if this has been posted or asked before.
Enjoyed FARINELLI -- Now I'm Sickened  Dec 11 2017, 12:14:40 PM
I almost want to unblock newintown just so I can see the pretense and condescension. I’m not going to but I’m tempted.
Casting classic musicals with Muppets!  Dec 5 2017, 10:55:28 PM
Uncle Deadly is Frank-N-Furter. Kermit and Miss Piggy are Brad and Janet. Floyd is Riff Raff. Animal is Rocky. Janice is Magenta. Bunsen Honeydew is Dr. Scott. Dr. Teeth is Eddie.
James Goldman's book to Follies  Aug 30 2017, 07:12:35 PM

I have never known any musician to be as much of a dick concerning their knowledge of music as you are. The vast majority of pit players, rehearsal pianists, and teachers I've worked with are low-key, pleasant to engage with, generally happy to share or teach, and don't brag about their knowledge (or go out of their way to call themselves a musician as often as you do -- I thought there was nothing more pretentious than referring to oneself as an artist, but then I suppose I

Under-active composers  May 8 2016, 07:06:09 AM

Right, because nobody actually enjoys any other musical about a historical figure. 

Not that you don't enjoy any other musical about a historical figure. Not even that you can't see why other people enjoy any other musical about a historical figure. But that no one could enjoy any other musical about a historical figure, despite overwhelming evidence that people actually do? You self-righteous dick.

Will The Color Purple be the first revival of a musical from the 2000's?  May 15 2015, 06:03:30 PM

No, it didn't. The Last Five Years opened in Chicago (I think that's where the first production was?) in 2001 and Off-Broadway in 2002. 

Musicals For All Girls High Schools  Apr 21 2015, 01:06:42 AM

Could it be Sweet Charity?

Do You Recommend Attending First Previews?  Nov 18 2014, 01:31:28 PM
None.
Byes are only given to the best teams  Apr 22 2013, 03:05:50 AM
AfterEight -- maybe people just have different opinions from you.

2013 Pulitzer Prize Frontrunners?  Apr 11 2013, 02:51:37 PM
Oh, don't feed it.
Pippin previews start tomorrow  Apr 10 2013, 08:46:47 PM
You'd think given all of the debate and analysis in response to the drivel After Eight posts, it'd be a little more forgiving.
What was the most shocking Tony Win/loss ever?  Mar 18 2013, 01:57:59 AM
"Nearly every other Tony that evening did not include best book for a musical. That's an important one. It was won by Two Gentlemen."

Because Best Score, Best Actress, Best Director, Best Choreography, Best Scenic Design, Best Costume Design, and Best LIghting Design really don't amount to much of anything. Musicals always win seven Tonys but not Best Musical.

And Best Book of a Musical always goes to the Best Musical, just like On the Twentieth Century, Woman of the Year, Dre

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You