News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Emma White

Emma White Profile Photo
Member Name: Emma White
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

GREY HOUSE Previews  May 9 2023, 12:05:54 PM

This thread is nuts, LOL.

AA is normally sold as rush, right? I've been dying to see this from closer and everyone I know who has rushed has gotten front row, so hoping to get that by rushing.

As for the "overall takeaway," well, I don't know if there's supposed to be some clear strong message from this. I think it's just a story about

Click Here To Togg

GREY HOUSE Previews  May 7 2023, 10:33:57 AM

Matt Rogers said: "Make no mistake- the acting and production design are fantastic. However, the play itself is a bunch of gobblygook nonsense that makes absolutely no sense of any kind. It is semi-intriguing for about the first 20 minutes until you realize that it is never going to make any sense at all, and then it just gets infuriating.

Why did these fine actors agree to star in this? Why did these producers give it the light of day? These are the questions I ponder ins

GREY HOUSE Previews  May 5 2023, 04:52:46 PM

EAPEAPMO said:

I saw it for the second time last night, this time in Orchestra Row J instead of Orchestra Row AA. Being so close in AA felt like I was in the house with them, but J had a better view of the floor and the table. They changed the ending and I thought it was fantatstic!! It made the character motivations much clearer and I had a massive "OH!!!" moment (massive plot-detail spoiler but holy crap I'm so excited!):

GREY HOUSE Previews  May 5 2023, 10:43:38 AM

Okay, I just saw this last night and I adored it (as I expected to based on what I'd heard - this is my exact favorite genre). I almost never post here but I had to go somewhere to talk through my theories on this story, LOL.

I also didn't find it as confusing as other people made it sound. I have a few lingering questions about some elements, which I like (because I like to theorize), but overall the story is pretty clear to me. 

My personal theory:

Kelli O'Hara comments about a Broadway producer  Apr 30 2019, 01:46:11 PM

Soaring29 said: "She has every right to speak out and there is no way to confirm which producer this is at this point or if she has worked on a show with them or not in the past. But yes speculating about who that person is is valid as she did bring it up after all. Shady seems to imply a negative hue to her comment however which I don't believe was accurate."

Definitely didn't mean it like that - I'm a Kelli fan and I really admire that she said what she

Kelli O'Hara comments about a Broadway producer  Apr 29 2019, 09:47:52 PM

"While #MeToo claims have been widespread in Hollywood, few have emerged from Broadway. "I don't have big ones to tell," O'Hara says. "I have a lot of small ones." She continues, "I've made some big decisions in my life not to work with people like that — producers — and to not do things that might have been great artistically or whatever, because I don't want to work with certain people. And that's just my choice. And that's e

Best/worst stage door experience?  Apr 29 2019, 09:45:11 PM

1 ticket to Children of a Lesser God TONIGHT 30$  May 4 2018, 06:01:45 PM

Hi! As the title say, tonight May 4th for 30$. Willing to negotiate. You can pay in cash at the show. Bought two but only need one!

My Fair Lady Student Rush/Lotto  May 3 2018, 02:23:27 PM

Has anyone rushed My Fair Lady OR played the lottery? How was the rush?

I'm driving into NYC tomorrow but will only be arriving around 2pm, do I stand a chance at rush or is it not worth it?

Carousel Rush  Apr 6 2018, 05:10:14 PM

Has anyone rushed Carousel recently? How many people have been in line? Do they always have tickets available?

Yes, I know the production sucks, but I'm a sucker for Jessie Mueller and Renee Fleming.

Who do you think will replace Betsy Wolfe in Waitress?  Nov 29 2017, 05:01:08 PM

haterobics said: "Emma White said: "Hopefully the producers come to their senses and close with Sara in February. I love Waitress but it's time. They can't keep calling Sara in every time they need to boost their sales."

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Waitress and would see it over and over again if I could! But their sales have been bad since Sara last did the role (which is shame - Betsy is great), and certainly will be come again come Februar

Is there a reason why Meteor Shower ditched its whole original cast?  Nov 29 2017, 04:56:33 PM

raddersons said: "Amy Schumer doesn't play the straight-man very well. Jenna Fischer probably would have nailed it -- she made a living off of being "just your average girl" in The Office.

EDIT: I'd probably see it again if she was announced with an extension.
"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bO70ecRUzBQ

If you can change ONE dd  Nov 29 2017, 11:18:22 AM

"I've never been a fan of a 'nervous' vibrato."

YES. And this is how I feel about Christy Altomare when she uses her head voice.

Is there a reason why Meteor Shower ditched its whole original cast?  Nov 29 2017, 11:16:27 AM

"Maybe 7 years ago Jenna Fischer would be a bigger name, but now Amy Schumer’s name is much bigger. The whole cast is fairly more recognizable. Jeremy was a last minute replacement for a much bigger name, Alan Tudyk. It’s just all about the names."

Right, and as a young person who knows very little about comedy, even I know Amy Schumer is wildly popular right now. 

Is Laura Benanti a "name" outside of the Broadway world?

Is there a reason why Meteor Shower ditched its whole original cast?  Nov 29 2017, 11:06:37 AM

I was binge-watching The Office and thinking what a shame it was we didn't get to see Jenna Fischer on Broadway, she's so funny. Does anyone know the story behind why the show didn't keep any of its original cast? Has anyone seen both productions?

Who do you think will replace Betsy Wolfe in Waitress?  Nov 29 2017, 11:04:45 AM

Hopefully the producers come to their senses and close with Sara in February. I love Waitress but it's time. They can't keep calling Sara in every time they need to boost their sales.

re: Your Top 5 LEAST Favorite Musicals  Nov 26 2017, 04:59:16 PM

1. Jersey Boys

2. Jersey Boys

3. Jersey Boys

4. Jersey Boys

5. Jersey Boys

Mean Girls @ The National in DC - Reactions  Nov 22 2017, 10:54:41 AM

The original Jingle Bell Rock scene was choreographed by Donna Feore, one of the biggest musical theatre directors/choreographers in Canada. I wonder if there were rights issues surrounding using her choreography on Broadway? 

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/19/17  Nov 21 2017, 05:23:28 PM

What's up with the massive drop for Hamilton?

Also, noticed that Once on this Island was 97% full but made less than 50% of their potential. Is that because it's in previews? Hope it pulls through - it's such a strong Tony contender, it would be a shame if it closed before the awards.

Way too early 2018 Tony Predictions Thread  Nov 21 2017, 05:07:12 PM

Katrina Lenk is MAGICAL in Band's Visit - definitely hers to lose. That said, I could see Jessie Mueller knocking it out of the park and taking that award. It's between the two of them, in my eyes.

As for Renee Fleming, she's got the icon status going for her, but she's pretty divisive as a performer (even in the opera world) and I can see critics loving or hating her. I love her to death, but even I am sometimes baffled by her choices. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You