pixeltracker

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/19/17

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/19/17

Rob Profile Photo
Rob
#1Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/19/17
Posted: 11/20/17 at 4:12pm

Click below to access all the Broadway grosses from all the shows for the week ending 11/19/2017 in BroadwayWorld's grosses section.

Also, you will find information on each show's historical grosses, cumulative grosses and other statistics on how each show stacked up this week and in the past.

Click Here to Visit the Broadway Grosses...

Up for the week by attendance was: WAITRESS (0.6%), COME FROM AWAY (0.1%), HELLO, DOLLY! (0.1%),

Down for the week by attendance was: MISS SAIGON (-13.0%), KINKY BOOTS (-9.4%), CHICAGO (-9.2%), JUNK (-8.0%), SCHOOL OF ROCK (-7.6%), M. BUTTERFLY (-7.2%), ANASTASIA (-5.5%), THE PARISIAN WOMAN (-5.1%), THE PLAY THAT GOES WRONG (-5.0%), CATS (-5.0%), THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA (-3.8%), A BRONX TALE THE MUSICAL (-3.8%), WICKED (-3.3%), ONCE ON THIS ISLAND (-2.8%), SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS (-2.4%), BEAUTIFUL (-2.2%), CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY (-1.8%), LATIN HISTORY FOR MORONS (-1.7%), METEOR SHOWER (-1.3%), DEAR EVAN HANSEN (-1.1%), ALADDIN (-1.0%), THE BOOK OF MORMON (-0.9%), TIME AND THE CONWAYS (-0.3%), HAMILTON (-0.2%), THE BAND'S VISIT (-0.1%),

Click Here to Visit the BroadwayWorld Grosses...

ethan231h Profile Photo
ethan231h
#2Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/19/17
Posted: 11/20/17 at 4:12pm

Home For The Holidays is off to a great start

and wowza Bands Visit!!!!

Updated On: 11/20/17 at 04:12 PM

raddersons Profile Photo
raddersons
#3Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/19/17
Posted: 11/20/17 at 4:18pm

Average ticket price for Home for the Holidays: $14.71

dearalanaaaa Profile Photo
dearalanaaaa
#4Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/19/17
Posted: 11/20/17 at 4:19pm

Dear Evan Hansen was DOWN in attendance? I would've taken any free seat anytime last week 

Updated On: 11/20/17 at 04:19 PM

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#5Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/19/17
Posted: 11/20/17 at 4:19pm

Kind of shocked Dear Evan Hansen was down this week. Maybe it’s because they gave out more comps for Ben’s family and friends?

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Call_me_jorge
#6Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/19/17
Posted: 11/20/17 at 4:22pm

ethan231h said: "Home For The Holidays is off to a great start

and wowza Bands Visit!!!!
"

I’m sobbing over here. Home for the holidays earned 6% of their gross potential! I don’t see it hanging on.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#7Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/19/17
Posted: 11/20/17 at 4:23pm

THE HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS NUMBERS. I CAN'T. OMG.

raddersons Profile Photo
raddersons
#8Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/19/17
Posted: 11/20/17 at 4:26pm

Craziest thing about Home for the Holidays is that someone paid $397 for a ticket, while the remaining 98% of the audience was probably given paper tickets.

LesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
#9Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/19/17
Posted: 11/20/17 at 4:27pm

Time to put the Mean Girls marquee back up.

Bwayfan292 Profile Photo
Bwayfan292
#10Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/19/17
Posted: 11/20/17 at 4:29pm

Home for the Holidays is about to become Closed for the Holidays. Cant wait to hear the reviews from opening night! Well if it even makes it to opening night....

"Why was my post about my post being deleted, deleted, causing my account to be banned from posting" - The Lion Roars 2k18

Call_me_jorge
#11Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/19/17
Posted: 11/20/17 at 4:33pm

Really, what was Jordan Roth thinking??

JSquared2
#12Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/19/17
Posted: 11/20/17 at 4:35pm

raddersons said: "Craziest thing about Home for the Holidays is that someonepaid$397 for a ticket, while the remaining 98% of the audience was probablygiven paper tickets."

$397 is the top premium ticket price available --- it doesn't mean that someone actually paid that much.

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#13Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/19/17
Posted: 11/20/17 at 4:37pm

Nice to see The Band's Visit hit a million.

Guess Uma is a draw too? I wasn't sure if she would be.

Poor Spongebob. I hope work of mouth helps it along.

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#14Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/19/17
Posted: 11/20/17 at 4:37pm

Call_me_jorge said: "Really, what was Jordan Roth thinking??"

That he had a vacant theatre for several months and someone offered to pay for it.

He's a theatre owner and producer, not an artistic director.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."
Updated On: 11/20/17 at 04:37 PM

Sertzo19 Profile Photo
Sertzo19
#15Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/19/17
Posted: 11/20/17 at 4:40pm

ethan231h said: "Home For The Holidays is off to a great start"

Lol yeah this is pretty hilarious. That being said, didn't this just open on the 17th? How many actual performances has the show had so far? The numbers are ridiculous but it seems like they're numbers for like 2 or 3 days of shows, which let's be clear- is still embarrassing, but it's better than if that was their gross for an entire week's worth. 

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#16Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/19/17
Posted: 11/20/17 at 4:43pm

5 perfs....thats part of the info.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#17Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/19/17
Posted: 11/20/17 at 4:43pm

Sertzo19 said: "ethan231h said: "Home For The Holidays is off to a great start"

Lol yeah this is pretty hilarious. That being said, didn't this just open on the 17th? How many actual performances has the show had so far? The numbers are ridiculous but it seems like they're numbers for like 2 or 3 days of shows, which let's be clear- is still embarrassing, but it's better than if that was their gross for an entire week's worth.
"

It says it was for 5 performances. Either way, it's terrible.

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

Sertzo19 Profile Photo
Sertzo19
#18Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/19/17
Posted: 11/20/17 at 4:44pm

dramamama611 said: "5 perfs....thats part of the info."

Whoops, my bad! Overlooked that little detail. Yikes. 

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#19Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/19/17
Posted: 11/20/17 at 4:46pm

little_sally said: "Nice to see The Band's Visit hit a million.

Guess Uma is a draw too? I wasn't sure if she would be.

I have friends flying in from the West just to see her. They are flying in one day, seeing the show and flying out the next day.

Just give the world Love.

raddersons Profile Photo
raddersons
#20Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/19/17
Posted: 11/20/17 at 4:46pm

JSquared2 said: "$397 is the top premium ticket price available --- it doesn't mean that someone actually paid that much."

Ah, that clears that up. Still makes me feel bad for the poor suckers that paid $100. Thanks. 

Kad said: "Call_me_jorge said: "Really, what was Jordan Roth thinking??"

That he had a vacant theatre for several months and someone offered to pay for it.

He's a theatre owner and producer, not an artistic director.

"

I'm not really sure where to bring this up, but I figure this is the place. How is rent typically dealt with at a theater? Is the theater given a percentage of the profits from the show, on top of just the charge of taking up the space? Or is it the same as an apartment or business - flat rate, monthly charge, regardless of how much money the show is making?

Obviously it's all contractual and every situation is going to be a little different, but what's typical?

Sauja Profile Photo
Sauja
#21Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/19/17
Posted: 11/20/17 at 5:00pm

Call_me_jorge said: "Kind of shocked Dear Evan Hansen was down this week. Maybe it’s because they gave out more comps for Ben’s family and friends?"

Jorge, I know he missed the Wednesday matinee, so I imagine that's the only reason the numbers weren't even more stratospheric!

And...I'm not being facetious at all. Is it possible that 5.5% of the potential gross is the lowest EVER in Broadway history? Because holy s&#$ Home for the Holidays. I knew it'd be bleak, but...I'm almost impressed!

RaisedOnMusicals Profile Photo
RaisedOnMusicals
#22Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/19/17
Posted: 11/20/17 at 5:05pm

I think it's a safe bet that DEH did give out more comps this week than ususal, accounting for 30 less seats sold for the week, which is actually only four seats less per performance, so not exactly a big deal. What I'd love to know is the unknowable, which is the amount of the actual money spent by the people who saw the show last week was, counting, of course, the money spent for secondary market tickets. 

Given that The Parisian Woman hasn't opened yet, it really is doing quite well so far. I think it might turn out to be one of those shows for which the reviews will really matter. My understanding, by the way, is that there's no obligation for Uma to extend her run even if the show is very successful. It will be her decision alone.

CZJ at opening night party for A Little Night Music, Dec 13, 2009.

Smaxie Profile Photo
Smaxie
#23Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/19/17
Posted: 11/20/17 at 5:08pm

>And...I'm not being facetious at all. Is it possible that 5.5% of the potential gross is the lowest EVER in Broadway history?<

How quickly we forget Prymate.

https://www.broadwayworld.com/grosses/PRYMATE

Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop.

RaisedOnMusicals Profile Photo
RaisedOnMusicals
#24Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/19/17
Posted: 11/20/17 at 5:14pm

Smaxie said: ">And...I'm not being facetious at all. Is it possible that 5.5% of the potential gross is the lowest EVER in Broadway history?<

How quickly we forget Prymate.

https://www.broadwayworld.com/grosses/PRYMATE
"

Let's put it this way: It's pretty unlikely that Home for the Holidays sold many premium tickets. Forget the number of performances, the average price for a ticket was under $15.00. That's FIFTEEN. DOLLARS..

CZJ at opening night party for A Little Night Music, Dec 13, 2009.

evic
#25Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/19/17
Posted: 11/20/17 at 5:28pm

i am glad that Cats and Miss Saigon are major flops.  2 lousy shows that were lucky to run as long as they did their first time around.  All due to an ascending tire, one great song and a helicopter.