News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for theatregoer3

theatregoer3 Profile Photo
Member Name: theatregoer3
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club (2024) Opening Night Critics' Reviews  Apr 22 2024, 09:41:16 AM

I saw the London production and thought it was over-hyped. I agree with the NY reviews. I kept waiting for the show to blow my mind and while there were moments of brilliance it never felt cohesive. I thought the Mendes production was stronger. I also found “Guys & Dolls” disappointing especially after all of the raves it received. 

SUNSET BLVD to transfer to Broadway  Apr 2 2024, 11:04:31 AM

Now I'm getting this message:

Due to technical difficulties, the Sunset Blvd. Priority Pre-Sale will begin tomorrow, April 3 at 10 a.m. ET.

ILLINOISE at the St. James Beginning April 24  Mar 19 2024, 04:29:06 PM

We saw this last night and the show is in fantastic shape. Ben Cook and Rachel Lockhart were phenomenal. The entire band and the singers were top notch and delivered a perfect version of the album. I cannot recommend this sweet, imperfect show enough. I'm hoping it has a successful Broadway run!

THE WHO’S TOMMY Broadway Previews  Mar 17 2024, 09:39:42 AM

I've had nearly a week to think about the show and my opinion still stands. This was a regional theater production moved to Broadway.

The original -- which had a much larger budget, big effects, and a larger cast -- revolutionized the use of projections and live video in the theater. Folks went wild for it because it was like nothing they had seen and it mended seamlessly into the story. Since then, this tech has become commonplace in almost all live events. This is a large pa

THE WHO’S TOMMY Broadway Previews  Mar 12 2024, 09:25:01 PM

It’s intermission. I’m center orchestra, six rows back. This is not loud. I have no idea what everyone has been talking about. They could turn it up a notch to give it a bit more energy. I’m not kidding.

I can see how this show was well-received regionally but this is not Broadway-caliber. I feel like I’m watching a great regional theater production. The set is serviceable, the staging is messy and doesn’t hold a candle to the original. I do

THE WHO’S TOMMY Broadway Previews  Mar 8 2024, 01:28:25 PM

I grew up listening to the Broadway album but never got the chance to see the show. I aim so excited this is coming back and cannot wait to catch it. 

HOW TO DANCE IN OHIO Broadway Previews  Nov 16 2023, 09:08:13 AM
I was there last night and my guest and I loved it. It was fun, uplifting, and the cast hit it out of the park. From the start of the show, we were rooting for the seven kids. They didn't let us down.

My one quibble with the show is that it could be tightened. It was 2 hours and 40 minutes and they need to lose 20 minutes. The writers clearly wanted to give each of the seven kids moments to shine and also show ways in which their teacher and their parents are learning and growing. That

First Look - Bradley Cooper as Leonard Bernstein  Nov 14 2023, 12:51:58 PM
I saw an advance screening of this and I can't say I was a fan. The performances are good but the entire focus of the film is on their marriage and not their work. In fact, their work is only mentioned in exposition. There's one moment where you see him conduct for an extended period of time -- about five minutes -- and that's about it. If you're looking for a movie about Leonard Bernstein's career and career achievements, this isn't it.
HOW TO DANCE IN OHIO Broadway Previews  Nov 13 2023, 12:12:07 PM
I'll be there on the 15th!
THE GREAT GATSBY @ Paper Mill Playhouse Thread  Oct 2 2023, 11:39:52 AM

willep said: "My brain went directly to the Baz Lurhman film too."

Same and I loved the look of that film so I'd be thrilled if they tried to emulate it on stage and could actually pull off something that gorgeous.

HOW TO DANCE IN OHIO from Jacob Yandura & Rebekah Greer Melocik sets Broadway premiere  Oct 2 2023, 11:38:12 AM

Sutton Ross said: "Love the diversity of this cast. I hope it's a hit!"

I agree! I can't wait to see it. I'm grabbing tix for the first preview.

New West End GUYS AND DOLLS  Sep 29 2023, 02:49:23 PM

I finally saw this and the critics have overhyped it. It was enjoyable but by no means did it change my life. The staging is nothing we haven't seen before. It's fun but it's been done elsewhere with other musicals. 

The real highlight of the evening is Marisha Wallace as Adelaide. For the first time I saw a version of this character that didn't make her into a "sexy baby" to quote Taylor Swift. She spoke like a normal person and came across as a strong w

Nicole Scherzinger to star in West End Sunset Boulevard at the Savoy  Sep 1 2023, 12:58:25 PM

I saw the original production and then the concert version with Glenn. I thought the original production was spectacular. Truly incredible. The concert was a big letdown but the biggest issue I had with it was that the score was constructed around the original set. These big musical swells and long pauses in the signing are meant to accommodate grand set changes and big scenic reveals. When you have a minimalist version using the original score it's full of dead space and the movement of

ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME Broadway Reviews  Aug 29 2023, 12:50:03 PM

"A quick google would tell you she attended a workshop of the show in 2018."

That's back when she was still in a conservatorship that she said gave her zero control of her life, her career, and her day-to-day activities.

Why do I have to let a bunch of apps access my info to enter a lottery?  Aug 29 2023, 12:45:40 PM

This may sound insane, but you should write to your local representatives about these practices. It's gross and data privacy is a hot topic these days. The more constituents speak up, the more our government will work to push back against policies that allow our data to be sold. 

For the record, I also think the practice of having to give our social media accounts over to these discount ticket sellers is ridiculous. I stopped doing it and found other ways to get cheap tickets.

ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME Broadway Reviews  Aug 28 2023, 11:59:54 AM

This whole show has been very odd to me.

Britney has not been in a good place for a while and it seems -- from my limited perspective -- she's trying to find a way to own her narrative...so why would I want to see another product centered around her work when she is not in control of it? As a fan, doesn't that undermine the artist in some way? I understand the show is not about her life but it is centered around her work and from what I can tell she's never set foot in a re

HOW TO DANCE IN OHIO from Jacob Yandura & Rebekah Greer Melocik sets Broadway premiere  Jul 20 2023, 11:00:54 AM

I'm very excited about this. If anything, this can open the door for greater diversity on Broadway not just in terms of cast but in terms of the stories that are told.

Back To The Future previews  Jul 14 2023, 11:10:41 AM

I imagine they had to import someone from the UK cast in order to allow Roger Bart to perform over there in the first place. It's usually a deal between the two unions. That's not to diminish the work Coles is doing -- he's great!

quizking101 said: "I think what Coles is doing on that stage is really the sort of transcendent character work that merits an import from the UK. All of these roles could easily be (and were) cast by American actors so it truly speaks to

Back To The Future previews  Jul 12 2023, 12:46:31 PM

My friend and I saw this last night. We bought the $58 side orchestra obstructed view seats. The seats were great and we really didn't miss a thing. It was an amazing price for how close we were to the stage.

We went in with low expectations and just wanted to have fun -- wow did we ever! We LOVED it. I am a total snob but this was pure popcorn fun from start to finish. Can I remember a single lyric? Not at all. Did I laugh and cheer and leave with a huge smile on my face? YES! The

London- West End Help/Recommendations  Jun 2 2023, 11:29:17 AM

I'm going to London in September and when I started thinking about what to see I immediately popped on over to this board. I'm so grateful for the recommendations on this thread! I'm seeing "Guys & Dolls" and "Cabaret". I saw "A Little Life" at BAM and don't need to see it again.

I think it's funny that the best shows in the West End at the moment are older American musicals!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You