News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for djoko84

Member Name: djoko84
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

2024 Pulitzer Prize Predictions  May 7 2024, 03:18:21 AM

The Distinctive Baritone said: "theatreguy said: "The 5-person jury only selects the 3 finalists and submits them to the Pulitzer Board. The Board then has a discussion on the finalists which is followed by a vote to decide the winner."

In that case I am surprised theStereophonicandThe Comeuppancewere not the two other finalists. Maybe the voters wanted to, to some extent, make the Pulitzer Prize for Drama this year not just another the

STEREOPHONIC Previews  May 3 2024, 03:25:09 AM

I got the $59 orchestra left seats in row K. From what I read on here, I won't miss too much.

Stereophonic seats  May 2 2024, 01:58:17 PM

Thank you everyone!

STEREOPHONIC Previews  May 2 2024, 01:09:42 PM

Thank you! So you recommend sitting orchestra left rather than right for this show?

Stereophonic seats  May 2 2024, 01:08:56 PM

So you recommend sitting orchestra left rather than right for this show?

STEREOPHONIC Previews  May 2 2024, 12:01:32 PM

Can someone tell me where the best place to sit if you're getting the discounted $59 tickets. Is it orchestra left or right and is it better to sit far back in row L or K or is better closer like G or H? Thank you! Also, can you tell me what I miss especially if I miss any of the recording studio. 

The Tony Awards have lost the little credibility they had.  Apr 30 2024, 12:52:32 AM

BoringBoredBoard40 said: "djoko84 said: "BobbyBubby said: "djoko84 said: "They lost all credibility when they decide to have the Phonys with the second-rate shows from the COVID year. Moulin Rouge "won" 10 Phonys that year including one where there was only one nominee. That's losing all credibility because of greed and stupidity."

I don’t totally disagree but calling them The Phonys feels on par with people who call

The Tony Awards have lost the little credibility they had.  Apr 29 2024, 11:23:55 PM

BobbyBubby said: "djoko84 said: "They lost all credibility when they decide to have the Phonys with the second-rate shows from the COVID year. Moulin Rouge "won" 10 Phonys that year including one where there was only one nominee. That's losing all credibility because of greed and stupidity."

I don’t totally disagree but calling them The Phonys feels on par with people who call it “Holllyweird” or call everything “Wok

The Tony Awards have lost the little credibility they had.  Apr 29 2024, 10:23:55 PM

They lost all credibility when they decide to have the Phonys with the second-rate shows from the COVID year. Moulin Rouge "won" 10 Phonys that year including one where there was only one nominee. That's losing all credibility because of greed and stupidity. 

ILLINOISE Reviews  Apr 29 2024, 11:23:00 AM

TheQuibbler said: "Do folks recommend familiarizing yourself with the material before attending? I don’t really know the album and my experience with dance is rather limited so I’m worried I might be lost."

I would 100% read the journal they give out in the Playbill before the show. It definitely helps set up what you're about to see. The ironic thing is Cabaret tells you to come early for the pre-show entertainment, which I couldn't care less abo

ILLINOISE Reviews  Apr 29 2024, 01:01:14 AM

Jordan Catalano said: "Unless your tickets are marked "Partial View" you shouldn't. But ask when you get there, if you're worried."

The only thing that was missed with the overhang was the changing billboard at the top. I don't think it was that big of a deal. For $79, I was fine living without seeing the billboard.

Spectacular show!

ILLINOISE Reviews  Apr 28 2024, 05:38:25 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "Wait, with those side seats, you missed the entirety of what happens up there during “The Seer’s Tower”???

I’d demand a refund.

Partial view is one thing but no view of something that beautiful and important to the story is unforgivable.
"

I'm seeing it in row S of the orchestra with the overhang. Will I miss anything?

ILLINOISE Reviews  Apr 27 2024, 04:37:41 PM

dramamama611 said: ""wasted"? Have you already decided it's not worth it? While not perfect, Cabaret is still quite good.

I don't know if it can extend in its current home but if it it sells well, I think it could happen .. even if it has to again, relocate.
"

While I also don't think they'd be "wasted," I also wouldn't say it was "quite good" in the slightest. Actually, the total opposite. So you both used

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club (2024) Opening Night Critics' Reviews  Apr 22 2024, 12:44:21 AM

I'd like to bring back my post from last week from the other thread because I'm always right.

Here's what I wrote:

"Count me in as one of the people who didn't like the production. I was very underwhelmed and didn't like many of the choices they made. Eddie Redmayne was the best part, but still couldn't save it. I could've done without all the pre-show entertainment."

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club Previews  Apr 14 2024, 06:25:33 PM

Count me in as one of the people who didn't like the production. I was very underwhelmed and didn't like many of the choices they made. Eddie Redmayne was the best part, but still couldn't save it. I could've done without all the pre-show entertainment.

ILLINOISE at the St. James Beginning April 24  Apr 9 2024, 08:39:53 PM

I'm guessing they're rushing this to Broadway without previews because if it gets great reviews, it has a really good chance to win Best Musical. Its only competition will probably be The Outsiders. Very bad year for new musicals.

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club Previews  Apr 5 2024, 05:42:25 PM

For the record, I'm not addicted to my phone at all. I'm actually the opposite. I would leave it in my car, but that's where it was stolen from last week so I had to get a new one. I just don't want it to be ruined. I'd rather a pouch that doesn't damage my phone than glue that may stay on it for good. And I have no qualms about lying to the people at the theatre.

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club Previews  Apr 5 2024, 12:00:48 AM

Robbie2 said: "Jordan Catalano said: "Just keep your phone in your pocket and when you get to the person handing them out just say you left it at home."

Now, how does one do that when you enter through security show your ticket scanned from your phone is already out? So how does one keep your phone then in your pocket as all this goes by quickly when entering?
"

Try to get a printed ticket. I'm going to do that at the box office and s

APPROPRIATE Reviews  Feb 2 2024, 02:42:05 AM

A Justified Bean said: "djoko84 said: "I think it's the best play I've ever seen. Having said that, I'm curious how people interpret the ending with the house. I'm guessing you'll have to put a spoiler warning, but I'd like to read what people think."

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content
APPROPRIATE Reviews  Feb 1 2024, 01:58:37 AM

I think it's the best play I've ever seen. Having said that, I'm curious how people interpret the ending with the house. I'm guessing you'll have to put a spoiler warning, but I'd like to read what people think. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You