News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for brenway

Member Name: brenway
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

The Official TDF Thread  May 5 2024, 08:52:28 PM

Recent seat report:

Illinoise - Sat evening - Orchestra Front Right, Row H, Seat 16. Great seat, only missed seeing the female singers but nothing else blocked.

The Wiz - Sun evening - Orchestra Rear Right, Row X, Seat 10. Seat is fine, show is a disappointment. 

The Official TDF Thread  Apr 21 2024, 06:57:45 PM

Seats for Suffs today were in Right Mezzanine, Row C, Seats 20,22 and 24 Perfect seats, near sound board but didn’t bother me at all

The Life & Slimes of Marc Summers  Feb 17 2024, 04:52:37 PM

Went to today’s matinee (via TDF) and was in the front row, seat 3. Splash Zone, and ponchos were available for $1. I didn’t mind whatever it was about to be splashed on me, so I went without.

Couldn’t have been more fun and charming! As others have said you just can’t help root for Marc.

I was lucky enough to be selected to participate in Double Dare. Yes I did the physical challenge and my team won! My prize was an $25 voucher to a nearby resta

PETER PAN GOES WRONG to open this spring  Mar 22 2023, 09:17:56 PM

Been meaning to post this, saw the second preview on Saturday. I thought act 1 was very good but not going to lie the momentum kinda died once intermission started back up. I love physical comedy and TPTGW but something was missing for the first 15 minutes of Act 2, maybe it was the song that was sung? Could also be the amount of audience participation that was egged on by Hook. The audience wouldn’t stop booing and he kinda lost all control and had to scream his next line. There was wa

The Official TDF Thread  Nov 10 2022, 05:45:02 PM

My seat for SLIH last Saturday for the matinee was row J, Mezz (so the horrible overhang). It seemed like the whole row was TDF. The show was not sold out though, so the usher told us we could move down to Front Mezz prior to act one starting (didn't start until 2:15).

KIMBERLY AKIMBO Previews  Oct 20 2022, 12:40:31 PM

Saw this on Tuesday night and loved it. Left work for lunch and swung by the box office (around 1pm) to see if they had any rush seats left, ended up getting a great seat ORCH L 9. It seems like they will try to give you any seats they have left. 

This show is so charming and the whole cast brought it. I have Skater Planet stuck in my head still. I cannot wait to see this again!

The Official TDF Thread  Oct 18 2022, 12:11:53 PM

Some Like It Hot is now up for the first week of November.

The Official TDF Thread  Oct 17 2022, 10:55:48 AM

Into The Woods is up for tomorrow through Thursday.

1776 Reviews  Oct 9 2022, 01:55:16 AM

I saw the matinee today, and absolutely loved it. I had only listened to a few songs prior and never seeing any version of this show, I had no expectations going in. Perhaps that helped? 

The music of this show is incredible and echo others who have requested a cast recording. There’s so much depth to the new orchestrations, I hope one is coming. 

Nothing else to add but add me to the impressed pile.

COMPANY To Close On July 31, 2022  Jul 31 2022, 08:04:49 PM

What a great final performance! Sad that it’s no longer on Broadway but thankful it was here for the time it was! 

The LWL standing ovation was soooo long and well deserved. Patti was looking the whole time dead pan into the audience, occasionally adjusting her fur ever so slightly. I will never forget that moment.

Times Square West Spectacular On Saturday 7/30  Jul 29 2022, 11:14:21 AM

These have been happening pretty much every weekend this summer. Maybe not in this same location, but in May I remember there being one down this same stretch. Doesn’t change much if you use the MTA, traffic is standstill otherwise.

NYC Renews Indoor Mask Advisory  Jul 8 2022, 05:43:45 PM

My bad, I have been reading people misconstruing it as such. But I don't think this changes anything with masks. 

NYC Renews Indoor Mask Advisory  Jul 8 2022, 05:32:36 PM

Maybe I am reading this article wrong but i don't see anything about the mandate being put back in place. They are recommending, not mandating.

& JULIET teases Broadway transfer announcement?  Jul 5 2022, 03:02:26 PM

EDSOSLO858 said: "YvanEhtNioj said: "brenway said: "https://www.nytix.com/shows/julietnot that this means anything, excited for this!"

I dont know if this website is credible, but May 2023 seems so far out for this
"

Especially for a show that won’t change any bit of the iffy book in between Toronto and NY.

"

Agreed, lets hope for sooner!

& JULIET teases Broadway transfer announcement?  Jul 5 2022, 02:38:21 PM

https://www.nytix.com/shows/juliet not that this means anything, excited for this!

MACBETH 2022 Reviews  May 24 2022, 01:46:44 PM

OhBoy17 said: "I also saw it recently and don’t know that I’d call it “sadly still the same” but to each their own. I think there is some fantastic stuff happening here. Negga, Gray, Dizzia and Thornton all give really amazing performances.

Craig is fine and actually grew on me, and let’s just say his black pants deserve a special Supporting The Actor nomination.

Knowing the show was going to be Sam Gold Divisive, I went in really o

1776 Broadway revival cast for 2021  May 19 2022, 01:54:32 PM

just purchased my HipTix for this fall!

FUNNY GIRL on Broadway - News & Discussion Thread  May 7 2022, 09:22:57 PM

Papi2013 said: ""Life’s too short to hold on to that much hate."

I guess we are not aloud to hate a show now? If it were good we would be singing its praises. Look at the Company and Strange Loop threads. This one just disappointed people and they should be able to discuss it as much as they want.
"

You are more than allowed to not like a show, but I just don't get harping on "____ is awful", "_____ was sung terribly"

FUNNY GIRL on Broadway - News & Discussion Thread  May 7 2022, 04:55:09 PM

Sorry, but to most audiences that’s not the song that truly comes to mind with this show. Some of you are highly critical of everything, enjoy Benko when she’s in then for flawless vocals and go see something else in the meantime. Life’s too short to hold on to that much hate.

FUNNY GIRL on Broadway - News & Discussion Thread  May 7 2022, 04:31:09 PM

I went in with low expectations and having never seeing any staging of this show, and loved it. Beanie was never going to give Barbra vocals, and I knew that! She still fit well in the role, her comedic timing was fantastic. The only song that actually made me cringe was “I’m the Greatest Star” it was rough. However she nailed the songs that mattered! Also I loved the staging, not sure what “imaginative” staging you would want? The sets and actors to fly in?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You