jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#1& JULIET On Broadway - Reviews & News Thread
Posted: 7/5/22 at 1:03pm

https://fb.watch/e4a4fC_wQb/

Updated On: 11/13/22 at 01:03 PM

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#2& JULIET teases Broadway transfer announcement?
Posted: 7/5/22 at 1:28pm

I hear the Sondheim is a done deal for the fall / early winter… we’re just waiting on dates! 

Oh look, a bibu!

hearthemsing22
#3& JULIET teases Broadway transfer announcement?
Posted: 7/5/22 at 2:24pm

Oh I saw that and I truly hope so!! 

brenway
#4& JULIET teases Broadway transfer announcement?
Posted: 7/5/22 at 2:38pm

https://www.nytix.com/shows/juliet not that this means anything, excited for this!

YvanEhtNioj Profile Photo
YvanEhtNioj
#5& JULIET teases Broadway transfer announcement?
Posted: 7/5/22 at 2:48pm

brenway said: "https://www.nytix.com/shows/julietnot that this means anything, excited for this!"

I dont know if this website is credible, but May 2023 seems so far out for this

Miss Keisha? Miss Keisha? Miss Keishhhaaaa?

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#6& JULIET teases Broadway transfer announcement?
Posted: 7/5/22 at 2:53pm

YvanEhtNioj said: "brenway said: "https://www.nytix.com/shows/julietnot that this means anything, excited for this!"

"

Especially for a show that won’t change any bit of the iffy book in between Toronto and NY. 

Oh look, a bibu!

brenway
#7& JULIET teases Broadway transfer announcement?
Posted: 7/5/22 at 3:02pm

EDSOSLO858 said: "YvanEhtNioj said: "brenway said: "https://www.nytix.com/shows/julietnot that this means anything, excited for this!"

"

Especially for a show that won’t change any bit of the iffy book in between Toronto and NY.

"

Agreed, lets hope for sooner!

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#8& JULIET teases Broadway transfer announcement?
Posted: 7/5/22 at 3:12pm

Yeah, that website isn't reputable. They also have Almost Famous and Topdog/Underdog listed as running at the Golden concurrently. This board is a much better source for info.

Updated On: 7/5/22 at 03:12 PM

SouthernCakes
#9& JULIET teases Broadway transfer announcement?
Posted: 7/5/22 at 3:34pm

It was listed in their auditions that it’s coming to Broadway. So really no speculation on IF just a WHEN. 

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#10& JULIET teases Broadway transfer announcement?
Posted: 7/5/22 at 3:41pm

SouthernCakes said: "It was listed in their auditions that it’s coming to Broadway. So really no speculation on IF just a WHEN."

Right! Which makes me think based on a tease like this, it could be aiming for November or December?  This would fare better with a splashy spring opening, but not everything can open in the spring. 

Updated On: 7/5/22 at 03:41 PM

fashionguru_23 Profile Photo
fashionguru_23
#11& JULIET teases Broadway transfer announcement?
Posted: 7/5/22 at 4:05pm

The Toronto tryout is being advertised as a strictly limited engagment, which I feel like it *could*extend a week or so if any, so an October/November opening seems good. I would doubt there would be much rehearsal, just some for spacing for new stage and whatnot. 

"Ok ok ok ok ok ok ok. Have you guys heard about fidget spinners!?" ~Patti LuPone

trpguyy
#12& JULIET teases Broadway transfer announcement?
Posted: 7/5/22 at 6:41pm

October at the Sondheim 

BroadwayRox3588 Profile Photo
BroadwayRox3588
#13& JULIET teases Broadway transfer announcement?
Posted: 7/5/22 at 6:43pm

YvanEhtNioj said: "brenway said: "https://www.nytix.com/shows/julietnot that this means anything, excited for this!"

"

I scroll through NYTix whenever I want a good laugh. The Onion is more credible.

Midnight Radio
#14& JULIET teases Broadway transfer announcement?
Posted: 7/6/22 at 12:17am

I'm really hoping it gets re-cast before hitting Broadway. Most of the principals read much younger and non-descript from their West End counterparts. 

fashionguru_23 Profile Photo
fashionguru_23
#15& JULIET teases Broadway transfer announcement?
Posted: 7/6/22 at 9:57am

Midnight Radio said: "I'm really hoping it gets re-cast before hitting Broadway. Most of the principals read much younger and non-descript from their West End counterparts."

They might "read" younger, however, they are all really well casted. Stark Sands (who I like as a performer). We are also dealing with a fantasy. Betsy Wolfe has never been more incredible on stage. I remember thinking whatever happened with leaving Carousel and Frozen is fine, because she shines so bright in this show.

"Ok ok ok ok ok ok ok. Have you guys heard about fidget spinners!?" ~Patti LuPone

littlemouse921 Profile Photo
littlemouse921
#16& JULIET teases Broadway transfer announcement?
Posted: 7/6/22 at 10:09am

Betsy had the audience eating out of her hand from the moment she stepped on stage and throughout the show, and then blew the roof off the place with As Long as You Love Me. Sands plays a somewhat dimwitted Shakespeare to a T and is really enjoyable to watch. Yeah they look a bit young (especially when they keep going on about wanting to be young again), but they play it so well that it really doesn't matter.

forfivemoreminutes
#17& JULIET teases Broadway transfer announcement?
Posted: 7/6/22 at 10:19am

Betsy Wolfe is a year older than Cassidy Janson was when she started playing Anne on the West End. Stark Sands is five years older than Oliver Tompsett was when he started playing Shakespeare on the West End. (Oliver was 38 and Stark is 43.)

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#18& JULIET teases Broadway transfer announcement?
Posted: 7/6/22 at 11:37am

They don't read young because neither are incredibly young anyways. Stark and Betsy were amazing and perfectly cast, I loved everything they were doing up there. Broadway audiences will love this fun musical and I hope the Fall rumors are true. 

Updated On: 7/6/22 at 11:37 AM

Duckie4
#19& JULIET teases Broadway transfer announcement?
Posted: 7/6/22 at 12:11pm

from an email I got today from the Patrons Desk

Dear Friends, 

I’m writing to share some news with you before it’s announced publicly tomorrow. We will be welcoming London’s hit musical& Juliet as the next commercial rental at Roundabout’s Stephen Sondheim Theatre, starting performances this fall (running from Oct 28 – Nov 16, 2022). The nine-time Olivier Award-nominated show began its West End run in November 2019, and it comes to Broadway direct from its North American premiere in Toronto this summer.

Created by Emmy-winning Schitt’s Creek writer—and Roundabout Underground alum—David West Read, & Juliet imagines Shakespeare fashioning a new ending for Romeo and Juliet, in which Juliet pursues a second chance at romance, all smartly built around five-time Grammy winner Max Martin’s three decades of hit songs, including “Since U Been Gone,” “Roar,” “Baby One More Time,” “Larger Than Life,” “That’s The Way It Is,” and “Can’t Stop the Feeling.” Broadway alum Lorna Courtney, Tony winner Paulo Szot, Broadway veteran Betsy Wolfe, and Tony nominee Stark Sands will lead the Broadway cast.

Like previous commercial rentals productions at the Sondheim, including Mrs. Doubtfire and Beautiful: The Carole King Musical, & Juliet is not affiliated with Roundabout’s season of programming. However, I wanted to share the news with close members of the Roundabout family before tickets go on sale on July 13 (with a TodayTix exclusive pre-sale beginning July 7 at 10am).

I hope you all are having a wonderful start to the summer. We can’t wait to welcome you back to Roundabout this fall starting with our co-production of 1776 in mid-September

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#20& JULIET teases Broadway transfer announcement?
Posted: 7/6/22 at 12:15pm

Finally!

Oh look, a bibu!

seymour krelborn Profile Photo
seymour krelborn
#21& JULIET teases Broadway transfer announcement?
Posted: 7/6/22 at 12:17pm

Excited this is finally coming to Broadway, but for 3 weeks? That's a bummer. I hope they are testing the water with ticket sales and leaving room for extension.

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#22& JULIET teases Broadway transfer announcement?
Posted: 7/6/22 at 12:19pm

I assumed previews would begin 10/28 and opening night is 11/16.

Oh look, a bibu!

Duckie4
#23& JULIET teases Broadway transfer announcement?
Posted: 7/6/22 at 12:21pm

seymour krelborn said: "Excited this is finally coming to Broadway, but for 3 weeks? That's a bummer. I hope they are testing the water with ticket sales and leaving room for extension."

Yeah, I kept going back to read that again to make sure it was right.  If I get a correction to the email, I'll post it. 

Duckie4
#24& JULIET teases Broadway transfer announcement?
Posted: 7/6/22 at 12:23pm

EDSOSLO858 said: "I assumed previews would begin 10/28 and opening night is 11/16."

Which would make more sense, but the phrase "running from" is pretty specific. Again, I'll post an correction that comes my way. Or the correct information will be announced publicly tomorrow anyway if it's wrong in the email. 

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#25& JULIET teases Broadway transfer announcement?
Posted: 7/6/22 at 12:36pm

They would never invest all that time and money into something that runs only three weeks. So, Jordan is probably right regarding that being a preview period. So glad my wish came true and so quickly after I said it!