Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#2NYC Renews Indoor Mask Advisory
Posted: 7/8/22 at 5:29pm

Jordan Catalano said: "I Have A Feeling Masks Will Be Back In Theaters Soon."

Would make me very happy.

"I hope your Fanny is bigger than my Peter." Mary Martin to Ezio Pinza opening night of Fanny.

brenway
#3NYC Renews Indoor Mask Advisory
Posted: 7/8/22 at 5:32pm

Maybe I am reading this article wrong but i don't see anything about the mandate being put back in place. They are recommending, not mandating.

Updated On: 7/8/22 at 05:32 PM

Jordan Catalano
#4NYC Renews Indoor Mask Advisory
Posted: 7/8/22 at 5:34pm

Yes, that’s why the word advisory is used, and not mandate. 

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#5NYC Renews Indoor Mask Advisory
Posted: 7/8/22 at 5:35pm

NYC Renews Indoor Mask Advisory

brenway
#6NYC Renews Indoor Mask Advisory
Posted: 7/8/22 at 5:43pm

My bad, I have been reading people misconstruing it as such. But I don't think this changes anything with masks. 

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#7NYC Renews Indoor Mask Advisory
Posted: 7/8/22 at 5:45pm

Huss417 said: "Jordan Catalano said: "I Have A Feeling Masks Will Be Back In Theaters Soon."
Would make me very happy.
"

+1.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#8NYC Renews Indoor Mask Advisory
Posted: 7/8/22 at 6:04pm

It doesn't really change anything, but could be a precursor to masks coming back. Honestly, I wasn't ill the entire time I wore my mask. No allergies, nothing. So I'm not against it. 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#9NYC Renews Indoor Mask Advisory
Posted: 7/8/22 at 6:06pm

There's a new variant causing a rise in cases currently. Time will tell if this has a long lasting effect.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

stoptheworld38 Profile Photo
stoptheworld38
#10NYC Renews Indoor Mask Advisory
Posted: 7/8/22 at 6:15pm

I highly doubt mask requirements will be back on Broadway this month (unless the city-wide advisory changes to an official mandate) now that they've made multiple official announcements that they aren't required (you can't put toothpaste back in the tube so to speak) but I won't be at all surprise if they're required again next month and/or into the fall...

you found your heart but left a part of you behind <3

KathyNYC2
#11NYC Renews Indoor Mask Advisory
Posted: 7/8/22 at 6:18pm

Yes and we ushers and front of house people get to be the guinea pigs.  NYC Renews Indoor Mask Advisory  Fun times!

Forget there is no longer a mask requirement for patrons.  On Wednesday an audience member decided her seat was a good place to floss her teeth. 

Updated On: 7/8/22 at 06:18 PM

Jordan Catalano
#12NYC Renews Indoor Mask Advisory
Posted: 7/8/22 at 6:56pm

KathyNYC2 said: "Forget there is no longer a mask requirement for patrons. On Wednesday an audience member decided her seat was a good place to floss her teeth."

Oh so now you’re anti-dental hygiene??? lolol

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#13NYC Renews Indoor Mask Advisory
Posted: 7/8/22 at 8:47pm

KathyNYC2 said: "Yes and we ushers and front of house people get to be the guinea pigs. NYC Renews Indoor Mask Advisory Fun times!

Forget there is no longer a mask requirement for patrons. On Wednesday an audience member decided her seat was a good place to floss her teeth.
"

Not that this is a contest for the grossest but I had a person in front of me cutting their toenails. Once I figured out what they were doing I lost it on them.

"I hope your Fanny is bigger than my Peter." Mary Martin to Ezio Pinza opening night of Fanny.
Updated On: 7/8/22 at 08:47 PM

Mr. Wormwood Profile Photo
Mr. Wormwood
#14NYC Renews Indoor Mask Advisory
Posted: 7/8/22 at 9:05pm

I stand by my belief that they won't mandate them in Broadway theaters again. But I do think more people will choose to wear them in light of this news. I know I'm thinking I probably will when I go later this month and I wasn't thinking that way a few weeks ago.

dadaguza
#15NYC Renews Indoor Mask Advisory
Posted: 7/8/22 at 9:37pm

Huss417 said: "KathyNYC2 said: "Yes and we ushers and front of house people get to be the guinea pigs. NYC Renews Indoor Mask Advisory Fun times!

Forget there is no longer a mask requirement for patrons. On Wednesday an audience member decided her seat was a good place to floss her teeth.
"

Not that this is a contest for the grossest but I had a person in front of me cutting their toenails. Once I figured out what they were doing I lost it on them.
"

No. Way. I didn't think anything would top the peanuts story in the unpleasant audience behavior  thread

VintageSnarker
#16NYC Renews Indoor Mask Advisory
Posted: 7/9/22 at 7:06am

stoptheworld38 said: "I highly doubt mask requirements will be back on Broadway this month (unless the city-wide advisory changes to an official mandate) now that they've made multiple official announcements that they aren't required (you can't put toothpaste back in the tube so to speak) but I won't be at all surprise if they're required again next month and/or into the fall..."

I tend to agree. Which doesn't really help me for Into the Woods. I really wish we could get a new vaccine. 

Islander_fan
#17NYC Renews Indoor Mask Advisory
Posted: 7/9/22 at 2:42pm

I have always felt, since the press release came out, that The League has lifted the mask rule, not due to anything related to covid safety, but because they want to take advantage of the fact that summer tourist season is back in full force and it can be a good time for The League to take advantage of that to make up for money lost during the shut down. Not having masks will most likely get people in the door than if there was still the policy of masks having to be worn. 

Hell, not long after they announced this Come From Away canceled as show due to covid, not long after that Sutton Foster was out of Music Man also for covid reasons. I honestly feel that not having masks in the audience will only make these sort of situations more frequent than before. 

Mr. Wormwood Profile Photo
Mr. Wormwood
#18NYC Renews Indoor Mask Advisory
Posted: 7/9/22 at 3:08pm

Islander_fan said: "I have always felt, since the press release came out, that The League has lifted the mask rule, not due to anything related to covid safety, but because they want to take advantage of the fact that summer tourist season is back in full force and it can be a good time for The League to take advantage of that to make up for money lost during the shut down. Not having masks will most likely get people in the door than if there was still the policy of masks having to be worn.

Hell, not long after they announced this Come From Away canceled as show due to covid, not long after that Sutton Foster was out of Music Man also for covid reasons. I honestly feel that not having masks in the audience will only make these sort of situations more frequent than before.
"

I don't really understand this line of thinking. No masks in the audience puts other audience members at increased risk but it's unlikely any performer is going to catch COVID from an audience member unless they're sitting really close (and in some cases, there are mask mandates for the first couple rows. The examples you cited were most likely due to the surge in NYC in general. Cast members are much more likely to catch COVID from each other or other acquaintances than audience members...

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#19NYC Renews Indoor Mask Advisory
Posted: 7/9/22 at 3:12pm

In the times we are living in right now and with this new advisory, wearing a mask show you care not only about your own health but the health of others and those that couldn't be bothered wearing one shows you don't give a sh!t about anybody else - including yourself. 

Videos