News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for PJPan

Member Name: PJPan
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Scandalous  Aug 23 2020, 09:11:44 PM

One of the first shows I saw after moving to the city. My cousin did some PR for them, we went to an event with Kathie Lee before and the story she told about the show made me interested!

And then I saw it. Good lord, the show could not have been more different than anything KL described. But what a glorious mess. I had always wanted to see George Hearn in a show, which was a draw. Plus the alcohol. People left at intermission and we yelled "don't go! it's going to get wor

CEO of Equity Salary $400,000 while 99% of actors equity now unemployed  Jul 10 2020, 10:09:15 AM

Kad said: "If you’re a member of the union, then you are also aware that the union has furloughed and laid off a substantial number of employees and McColl, who makes about $390k, which is typical for the executive director of a union of AEA’s size, has taken a pay cut."

Thank you, Kad, for this reminder. A lot of employees of the union are out of work too - when the union doesn't work, neither do they. I find it so ridiculous how many people think th

On 6/9 Patti Said Company Won't Start In September  Jun 10 2020, 07:21:21 PM

uncageg said: "I honestly think we will see theater come back earlier than predicted if there isn't a big Covid spike outside of the current ones. They are opening up states and if by, say, August everything is open except entertainment venues, they are going to almost be forced to let them open. People will already be out and about mingling and in groups. It may not happen but looking at the opening timelines I feel it could. Just my opinion."

Respectfully, nah.

Do the Producers of the Tony Awards telecast know who's going to win?  Aug 23 2018, 09:53:05 AM
It's like when Cyndi Lauper won. It was assumed that she would, and the category was moved to air in case that happened. But no, the producers are not sure who wins.
HEAD OVER HEELS TodayTix Rush Thread  Aug 12 2018, 05:06:57 PM
When I did the rush, I was dead center row G. Perfect seats.
"Straight White Men" incident tonight  Aug 9 2018, 12:20:22 PM

quizking101 said: "I wonder how Bornstein handled it during the show, if at all. I remember she came to speak at my college years ago when the documentary on her life was coming out (I was on the board of my college QSA that brought her in) and she was a funnyclass act, and the sweetest person you could ever talk to."

I was there - Kate did not seem to react to it. There were people shushing the woman (I heard her say something but wasn't sure what). The crowd wa

Official 2018 TONY Nominations Thread  May 1 2018, 01:42:57 PM

veraclaythorne2 said: "PJPan said: "Question (and forgive me if it's been asked elsewhere): Is Laurie Metcalf the first performer to be nominated three years in a row?"

I'm not sure how often it has happened before, butRaúl Esparza was nominated in 2007, 2008, and 2009.
"

Thanks! I figured there was someone and was a little too lazy to do the research lol. 

Official 2018 TONY Nominations Thread  May 1 2018, 01:13:34 PM

Question (and forgive me if it's been asked elsewhere): Is Laurie Metcalf the first performer to be nominated three years in a row?

Mean Girls Rush/Lottery  Apr 25 2018, 09:39:47 AM
Ours was in Row E, far house right. Slightly obstructed but nothing major.
Mean Girls Rush/Lottery  Apr 22 2018, 09:39:10 PM

I've done the Wednesday rush. Pink is encouraged, but hardly enforced. I was second in line and got there at 4am. I had friends that went this week at 5 and were about 7th in line. You definitely don't have to get in line at midnight.

TODAY: Selling 1 Angels in America ticket to both parts  Mar 10 2018, 09:14:19 AM
Selling 1 ticket front row mezz dead center. Have to work and cannot use. PM if interested.
Angels in America - House Ticket for sale 3/10  Mar 8 2018, 11:32:42 AM
One more bump in case anyone is looking for a Saturday ticket :)
Angels in America - House Ticket for sale 3/10  Mar 6 2018, 12:08:18 PM

*Bump

Ticket is in front center mezz. PM me if interested :)

Angels in America - House Ticket for sale 3/10  Feb 26 2018, 11:52:49 AM

Hi all - can't attend for the day I'd purchased house tickets for Saturday 3/10 (both parts). Selling my ticket for the price I paid. If interested and to discuss price and logistics, please PM me.

Again, this is one ticket for BOTH parts on Saturday March 10. Thanks!

Then She Fell  Aug 9 2017, 02:23:11 PM

LxGstv said: "Finally saw this last night, even though I wasn't disappointed, because of the fact you don't get to see all of it, I felt a bit cheated, like I missed out on part of the fun.

What ChairinMan wrote above is very accurate, it is certainly strange, poetic and bizarre. This was my second immersive theater experience and I thought this was a lot more effective than Ghost Light, they really were able to transport the audience into their world and make

Book of Mormon rush/SRO question - been a while  Jul 18 2017, 05:13:40 PM

Thanks a lot! Completely missed that thread lol.

Book of Mormon rush/SRO question - been a while  Jul 18 2017, 04:48:47 PM

Sister is in town seeing Hamilton matinee and I'm hoping to get us both Book of Mormon tix for the evening. Last time I went (4 years ago), I got in line around 8am to SRO (as I do for most shows).

Does anyone know if that's still the case for an evening show there? Thanks in advance. Trying to reconcile my memory with what it says online.

Ghost Light at Claire Tow Theater - Lincoln Square Center  Jun 8 2017, 04:29:58 PM

For those who have seen the show, what did you think of the magic elements?

Best Featured Actress in a Musical  Jun 6 2017, 12:16:22 PM

It's an embarrassment of riches, really. Block's "I'm Breaking Down" was sublime, and Colella was a fantastic surprise in show I didn't expect to have a standout. Jones, for me, hit so many realistic and heartfelt emotional beats that my personal preference edges toward her (I also have a ton of goodwill towards her after Pippin). At the end of the day, I wouldn't be upset if any of those three won.

Son really wants to see Dear Evan Hansen  Jun 3 2017, 04:59:35 PM

What can work is if you do standing room, get there very early (like 3 or 4am) and you guys can wait in line. It's a bit of a slog but you see the show for relatively cheap and a good view.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You