News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for RentHead2

RentHead2 Profile Photo
Member Name: RentHead2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Wicked Movie?  Nov 1 2007, 02:16:34 PM
wow, very surprising the ignorance on the board. OP had a ?, why dont we try answering the question asked and stop pouncing on that person. Its time to grow a little people. Just a little.

On another note, Mandy Moore would be an excellent choice however wickipedia is not a good source for valid information.

re: 'Flops' you were lucky enough to see  Aug 28 2007, 02:18:54 PM
Well if you didn't enjoy wedding singer I am guessing (just guessing...) that High Fidelity wasn't your cup of tea either. I hate when people go to see shows like WS and HF and expect to be moved like they are in shows like Grey Gardens. And for the record, WS stayed open much longer the Grey Gardens. Both great shows, but respect their differences.

In conclusion, love what is I do!!! and apparently give in these messages lol

re: 'Flops' you were lucky enough to see  Aug 28 2007, 01:17:51 PM
My favorite flop:

THE WEDDING SINGER. To this day, I wear my WEDDING SINGER hat when I am rushing shows just to let people know, you missed a damn good show.

re: 'Flops' you were lucky enough to see  Aug 27 2007, 01:53:12 PM
I know some of you can't tell but I consider myself extremely lucky to have seen High Fidelity twice. Still consider it one of the best soundtracks out there as farr as theatre is concerned.
re: Why Legally Blonde was better than Pirate Queen  Aug 27 2007, 12:49:12 PM
I would not put these two in the same category period. Legally Blonde is very cute, hip, appeals to a broad crowd, and seems to me a major hit..... and the Pirate Queen well lets leave it at that.
re: See What I Wanna See  Aug 27 2007, 06:44:59 AM
One of the best performances I have seen on the stage or well at the public. Idina was astonishing, and this is coming from an Idina Fan. Wild Party, Rent, Wicked, See What I Wanna See - I love it all.
re: Rush Vs. Lotteries  Aug 23 2007, 02:37:08 PM
I personally think rush is fair, but theatres should have some sort of policies about when you are allowed to start lining up considering some of these theatres: ie legally blonde, spring awakening are aimed at the younger crowd.
re: Rent playbill 8/10  Aug 20 2007, 02:03:36 PM
Thats it!! I couldn;t get over how thrilled she looked to be on stage. I mean she was smiling during the sad parts yea, but its not like anyone in that theatre has never seen that show. But yep, second time catching her, and I really like her take on Mimi but I wish they would time the music to her voice. She sings a little slower than the pace, but still fantastic.
re: Rent playbill 8/10  Aug 20 2007, 09:55:46 AM
i took notice when I saw Rent last wednesday the same thing. Neither the Joanne I saw or the Mimi I saw was in the montage video at the end. I kinda thought it was funny tho. I loved the MIMI I saw, she seemed to be having such a good time on the stage. I believe it was my second time catching her performance. Can't recall her name.
re: Legally Blonde Rush help...  Aug 20 2007, 08:12:55 AM
I rushed Legally Blonde Last Wednesday, if you want amazing seats prepare to be there by the latest 7:00. There were at least 25 people ahead of me. And if you land in a certain spot, they will have the security/police telling you not to block the one area. So, its a suckfest but McDonalds is right around the corner and your in for a great show :)
re: Omigod You Guys  Aug 17 2007, 01:50:13 PM
Well here's the thing about Legally Blonde: When I saw it, it was towards the end of previews. I thought it was lowsy. I hated the majority of the songs and I was telling my friend they were forgettable and I was mad that Laura Bell Bundy didn't establish the L Woods presence.

The show is really on track now. The songs (majority of them) are flowing better. I mean the audience is really into it and this show and the mass production seemed to echo Wicked. But it's really hard to ex

re: Omigod You Guys  Aug 17 2007, 10:15:35 AM
Well, I typically see shows in previews. And the only thing that brought me back to the show was the catchy cd. I listened to it all the time. So, I figured that it was worth another shot.

The show has really gained some backbone. The characters seem more developed and the actors are very much at ease with the material. I actually really liked Laura Bell Bundy this time around. She was really excellent and established a presence as Elle Woods, not just a blonde on-stage. It was a

Omigod You Guys  Aug 16 2007, 06:06:37 PM
Okay, I admit when I am wrong so here it is. I saw Legally Blonde in previews and hated it. I mean, I thought the acting was subpar, the storyline seemed rushed, and many of the characters seemed underdeveloped. However, I bought the Legally Blonde CD and well I really really liked it so I decided to give Legally Blonde another chance.

All I can say is OMIGOD YOU GUYS. This has to be one of the tightest performances I have seen in awhile (well since Grey Gardens). The cast was on,

re: Spelling Bee and Legally Blonde Rush  Aug 13 2007, 01:31:56 PM
I know spelling bee is pretty easy but I wanted to do Legally Blonde Rush on Tuesday, anyone know the difficulty of getting tickets on this, so **BUMP**

Spelling Bee, get there by 9 and you'll be fine.

re: wicked 8/11 2pm  Aug 13 2007, 08:38:18 AM
funny post because when I won the Wicked Lottery about a month ago Julia was also out as Elphaba but her replacement which I am guessing was Lisa was amazing. Is Julia typically out of the show???
re: Favorite songs about NYC?  Aug 13 2007, 08:34:39 AM
Only in New York - Throughly Modern Millie...hands down.
re: [title of show] going to Broadway?  Aug 13 2007, 07:36:35 AM
I personally liked this show, but financially this would be a diaster in the making. When I saw it, which was one of the last performances the theatre was only about 70% full and there were discount codes for half price tickets. And nobody is kicking Xanadu out of the Helen Hayes.
re: Anyone Do A Poppin Run?  Aug 10 2007, 02:11:32 PM
Do I buy the box seats in advance, or is there some type of rush to get them. No rush? Yikes! I thought MP had seats available during weekdays. We are going next week Tuesday and Wednesday.

Legally Blonde was okay but I had really bad seats which I think made my theatre experience borrid. I was too busy pissed about my seats.

re: Anyone Do A Poppin Run?  Aug 10 2007, 02:00:15 PM
No rush, only standing room? Ouch! After I did Jersey Boys standing room, I vowed never to do it again. I guess Legally Blonde is the way to go.
Anyone Do A Poppin Run?  Aug 10 2007, 01:37:10 PM
Hey Guys, I hate to start a thread about this but of course I am making my monthly trip into the city and I am trying to decide whether I want to see Legally Blonde again or Mary Poppins which would be the only new show of the trip. Does anyone have a clue what the rush is like for Poppins of if they even have a rush? How early I should be there on a Tuesday or Wednesday?

And just in case you wanted to know, the other two shows we will be seeing in the city is Rent (my 8th time) and S

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You