News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for _IrisTInkerbell

_IrisTInkerbell Profile Photo
Member Name: _IrisTInkerbell
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Waitress new cast  Feb 14 2018, 03:48:51 PM

I hope they bring another Broadway lady in for Jenna during the summer. Kat should keep the show safe during the competitive spring weeks, when everyone's focused on seeing the new shows. I could see Teal Wicks being great for this role, when they don't have to fight for audiences so much!

Kristin Chenoweth to star in DEATH BECOMES HER Musical Adaption  Dec 19 2017, 05:21:21 PM

BrodyFosse123 said: "And like everyone just mentioned, this **** ain’t happening. Universal just jumped the gun and announced it and she most likely said she’d be on board and they’re running with that statement.

The list of non-produced musicals officially announced and starring Kristin Chenoweth is enormous.
"

To be fair, none of the shows currently attached to Kristin were ever formally announced. There have been workshops, and there wa

Come From Away Recoups  Oct 10 2017, 03:55:07 PM

So happy for them! And it can only be a good thing that producers and investors of an original musical with an unknown writing team and no stars in the cast are getting this kind of financial reward! One can only hope it'll motive others to make brave choices and give little shows that don't much going for them on paper a chance!

Josh Grisetti and Rob McClure have something to say about San Francisco  Sep 25 2017, 04:32:14 PM

I can't agree more. I have traveled through the US a lot including many of the major cities. As a woman in her 20s traveling alone I have never felt unsafe anywhere except for San Francisco and that includes living in Manhattan for a year.

I've been to SF three times. The first I was actually with my dad, and we were followed by some dude in the dark, walking from the car park to our hotel on Market Street. The other two times were for work (the largest geosciences confere

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/23/17  Jul 24 2017, 03:57:26 PM

haterobics said: "Jarethan said: "Laurie Metcalfe got the Tony, she's gone."

Err, I think you mean she did every performance she was contracted to do, and she's gone.
"

Isn't interesting how differently people can read the same thing? I interpreted Jarethan's word like "Laura's Tony winning performance brought the people to the theater and now that she's gone the show will loose steam."

Only Jareth

Musicals with bluegrass feel?  Jul 10 2017, 04:22:24 PM

VIOLET also some bluegrass feel so it. Also Song Bird, but unfortunately that was never recorded.

The Ballad of Little Jo's production in New Jersey with Teal Wicks was just recorded and should be released soon-ish. That a similar style of music too.

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child ticket for sale  Jul 10 2017, 04:18:44 PM

You should probably repost this in the West End section of this forum (if you haven't already), I'm not sure many people from the UK regularly come on here. Also possibly add "London" to your topic title as to not confuse people about tickets for the Broadway run.

Btw, if you can't find anyone to go with, and assuming you bought the ticket through the official ticket sites, you can return one of your tickets. They have a really good policy, you'll get a full r

I Want Songs  Jun 17 2017, 12:42:45 PM

Journey To The Past from Anastasia is one of my favorites (although it's no longer in the place of an I Want Song in the show, but it still is a great example.

Rush tix for sold out show?  Jun 17 2017, 12:40:37 PM

Yup, there is no definitive answer for that. If the theater sets aside tickets specifically for rush than yes, they will be available even if the show is sold out. But that also likely means the show is very popular and rush lines will probably be quite long/you have to show up early.

Some shows however only sell whatever they have left day off, so if they are sold out that means no rush.

You could also consider Standing Room if you're desperate. Many shows have a SRO policy

Bandstand or Miss Saigon  Jun 17 2017, 07:24:09 AM

I don't know why some people always have to confuse the OP even more by suggesting something that's not on their list. There could such a variety of reasons it's not of their choices, in this case the most likely their visit is after the closing date. So that's just not helpful.

Sorry, rant over, but that always annoys me.

I'd pick Bandstand out of those too. In my opinion the story has a lot of substance and a lot of heart. And it's told with a good amou

Betsy Wolfe begins performances tonight in WAITRESS  Jun 14 2017, 06:51:05 PM

dave1606 said: "Chris Diamantopoulos had a funny flub last night where he dropped the prescription he is supposed to give Jenna into the first row of the audience. He got the person to hand it back to him and said "thanks nurse!""

Ha! He did the same when I saw it a week and a half ago. I now think this was an actual flub at some point that ended up being so funny that he's now doing it on purpose lol

Mezz at the August Wilson?  Jun 14 2017, 01:38:39 PM

The overhang in the Wilson is significant and the rear orchestra was partial view for that reason for Jersey Boys. Their set had 2 levels and you couldn't really see the upper one. GHD's set only has 1 level so I assume you should be fine? I sat rear mezz for this show and thought it was a good view. I also don't remember it to be significantly more uncomfortable than other rear mezz seats in terms of leg room.

Easy rush or lotto right now  Jun 8 2017, 04:15:31 PM

Just FYI, my friend got to the War Paint BO at 11:30 today and got the last available rush ticket. It looks like it got harder or it's just the many people in town this week.

Bandstand also appears to be quite easy, and they have that bit more expensive "secondary rush" later in the day.

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/4/17  Jun 5 2017, 11:46:32 PM

Callum_brown1 said: "Sheesh. What would be the cheapest way to get a (good) ticket for this? Just tkts?"

If you're referring to Six Degrees I'd say rush. I got center orch tickets for $32 last Friday at 3pm for an 8pm curtain.

Is Eva out?  Jun 5 2017, 11:41:15 PM

Probably just means she's on vocal rest when she's not on stage. Just got back from seeing Miss Saigon, Eva was in and sounded great. She came out at SD too and took a lot of time for everyone.

The Ballad of Little Jo in Red Bank NJ  Jun 5 2017, 01:12:16 PM

I went to see The Ballad of Little Jo at the Two River Theater in Red Bank NJ yesterday on a whim because friends of mine are fans of Teal Wicks, who's playing the lead. I ended up loving the show! I highly recommend it to anyone who lives in the area or enjoys a little day trip out of the city. It's playing for another 4 weeks or so I think and it's a little under 1.5h on the train from Penn Station to get there.

The musical is based on the movie of the same name from the

Six Degrees of Separation Rush  Jun 4 2017, 12:06:10 PM

I also rushed last Friday, got to the BO around 3pm and got two center orch seats, row N.

Indecent rush recently?  Jun 3 2017, 04:48:31 PM

Just left the matinee. I got to the BO around 11:45 or so and got front row center. The boxes were mostly empty so I reckon rush didn't sell out.

The view was fine. The stage is high but once the actors stand and move downstage a bit more you can see everything (except feet).

Theater was half empty though so I'd hurry to see the show. Best guess it will close post Tonys (unless it wins and really picks up some steam)

SUNSET BOULEVARD (Rush Reports)  May 31 2017, 11:45:03 PM

I rushed today (Wed) around 2pm and they still had all 3 rush options available. I went with the $55 for rear mezz and ended up with M127, which was a perfectly good seat for the price.

I really enjoyed it and it just sounds incredible with the full orchestra! I wish every show could sound that lush.

First Trip to New York  May 22 2017, 08:09:52 AM

As I said, most likely busier than in London, how busy depends on the show of course. I would expect Anastasia and Bandstand to be fairly busy, but not as bad as something with a big star.

Time just depends on the people. Some come out after 10 minutes, some may take 45 minutes to an hour.

After matinees some actors will come out but not as regularly and never the whole cast. I always try to see an evening show when I really want to meet the cast, and not take my chance on a mat

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You