News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Tokyogirl119

Member Name: Tokyogirl119
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: PATTI AT RAVINIA - please post reviews here
 Aug 12 2006, 09:59:41 PM
Does anyone know how the $25 seats are? I'm thinking of forcing my father to take me tomorrow.
re: Fabulous Feminine Figures Over Forty
 Aug 9 2006, 01:27:44 AM
Whoa..Bernadette Peters is 58? I was just wathing her Tony performance of Rose's Turn on the site that must not be named, and I thought she was aroung thirty, of thrity-five!

I think that Julie Andrews still looks amazing.

re: Mrs. Lovett's Death
 Aug 9 2006, 12:55:17 AM
Thanks. Not all of us can afford to go to New York, and seeing as I'm only twelve, I don't know everything.

And I was planning on seeing it before it closes too.......

re: Most Important Prop in Each Show?
 Aug 3 2006, 01:02:08 PM
Chandilier's pretty important in Phantom.
re: Jack Black to play King Herod in JCS benefit
 Aug 3 2006, 01:18:22 AM
I think it's a good idea. King Herod is supposed to be a comedic role, and Jack Black is great at that. He was in a band, and JCS is a rock opera.

I honestly don't see the problem.

re: Casting by Race
 Aug 2 2006, 09:01:12 PM
Of course it depends on the show. Take Wicked. Noone would care about a black Elphaba (wouldn't be able to tell) or Fiyero, or if they were any other ethnicity. I think Glinda might be a problem though...

But if there was a white Coalhouse in Ragtime, that would make absolutely no sense.It would also confuse the hell out of the audience.

re: Intermission....nice break or huge distraction
 Aug 2 2006, 04:38:51 PM
"its seems it would make more sence to have an intermission in a show that didnt have as much of a intense story.....such as ACL.....but they put it in shows like RENT where it does have a story that keeps you on the edge of your seat and intermission really causes a distraction to it"

That doesn't make much sense. ACL was originally written without an intermission. If you were to put an intermission in there the story wouldn't flow as well. The intermission that "was just shoved in the

re: Photo Coverage: Pirate Queen Meet & Greet
 Aug 2 2006, 12:58:35 PM
Lucky me, I live in Chicago.

This looks so exciting. I can't wait for October!

re: High school musical
 Jul 30 2006, 02:25:47 AM
I was really wondering where this whole "It's not a musical" thing came from.

You know, I kinda like it. Not anything I would spend money on, but something to watch if there's nothing to watch on tv or I lost the remote and are too lazy to get up.

re: Any news on the AIDA TOUR!!!
 Jul 28 2006, 05:48:25 AM
I hope it comes to chicago....
re: Celebrities that you've seen other than at a show or at the stage door
 Jul 23 2006, 10:48:40 PM
...Matt Caplan on his motocycle (he fell off...)...

Is it bad that I find this incredibly funny?

Must be schadenfreude....

re: Hilarious Comments Overheard By Tourists and Audience Members
 Jul 21 2006, 12:40:59 PM
This is actually incredibly embarassing.

I was seeing Wicked (in Chicago) with an after school group of mine.

When the actress playing Madame Morrible and the actor playing the Wizard came out, most of the group booed! Me and my sister practically hid in our seats.

To make matters worst, when they were trying to get us to donate for that charity thing (this was about a year ago), Ana Gatseyer even commented on it.

EDIT: Stupid typos.

re: Something you weren't supposed to see during a Broadway show
 Jul 21 2006, 12:36:41 PM
During Wicked before Elphaba appears in Nessa's wardrobe you can clearly see some guy in a white t-shirt. I mean, I could see it all the way in the nosebleed seats.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You