News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Replacement Cast

Replacement Cast Profile Photo
Member Name: Replacement Cast
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Seth Rudetsky deserves a special Tony Award  Jun 22 2015, 04:24:13 PM

"NO HE f**kING DOESN'T!!!!"

Wow, I've seen some crazy-ass sh*t on this Message Board but a special Tony for Seth Rudetsky?  Uh, the repeat a prior post "NO HE f**kING DOESN'T!!!!"  And, yes, SR is preaching to the choir.  There is nothing special going on, just a lot of self-serving glorification.  He should spend time learning basic grammar and spelling.  Oh yeah, and people cow-tow to him because he has a few outlet

King and I Mishaps?  Jun 19 2015, 04:57:23 PM

According to Christine Pedi's insanely marvelous "Sh*t that Liza Minnelli Says" . . . Dean Martin fell off the stage.  He fell off the stage!

Best Place to sit at The Richard Rogers  Jun 19 2015, 04:55:51 PM

Back in the day with a box office gig, if there was a dollar for every "I want a good seat" request, I would have long retired.  If I wasn't in the mood to give them "the look" and was feeling full of vinegar I would say, "Hold on, let me see if I can get a chair to put on the stage for you."

Seriously, I love those old theatres but those damn "obstructed" views suck.  I saw "Guys and Dolls" in the 90s at the Beck and sat house right.  I had no idea that Nathan was n

Fiddler casting  Jun 18 2015, 08:17:09 PM

Know of anyone getting a call back?

Next Bradley Cooper show?  Jun 17 2015, 06:38:57 PM

Torch Song Trilogy or Jeffrey

Abby Mueller to Star in Beautiful National Tour  Jun 17 2015, 06:37:35 PM

Are the Keenan-Bolgers interchangeable?

Victoria Clark  Jun 16 2015, 02:45:41 PM

"She is indeed a wonder! Her Sally in FOLLIES was the best I've seen since Dorothy Collins."

Agreed!

Also, how anyone could have played Margaret in PIAZZA after her is just unimaginable.  

Abby Mueller to Star in Beautiful National Tour  Jun 16 2015, 02:37:23 PM

"I bet they planned this" - Neophyte!

"Stick around.  You'll see a lot in your lifetime." - Veteran!

In all seriousness, if she didn't have the goods chances are high that she wouldn't be cast.  All the best, Abby!  Enjoy the road; it will love you back.

re: VOICE LESSONS NEW YORK  Jun 9 2015, 10:45:11 AM

Adrienne Angel.

Ruthie Ann Miles' Tony win  Jun 9 2015, 10:28:01 AM

""I am pretty sure they raised the key of her song too. I didn't see the show, but I could tell from her singing it last night it was higher. Much higher. She my be wonderful in the show, but she seemed really distracted last night while she was singing. I prefer it in the lower, darker key. I think Judy Kuhn should have won. Not only for her wonderful performance in Fun Home but her body of work through the years."
 Ac

Future Kristin Chenoweth Roles  Jun 8 2015, 03:03:53 PM

Madame Armfeldt

THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL  Jun 5 2015, 03:21:24 PM

"Last night I saw On the 20th Century and Lillias White sat next to me! I asked her if she was going to be back on Broadway soon and she said that she has some exciting projects coming up very soon, but she couldn't say what it was because she has not signed the contracts yet. I am really hoping she will be in the Wiz!!!! #FINGERSCROSSED "

Lillias led the road tour in the early 80s (as Dorothy.)  She would be a great Addeperle in th

Entrance Applauses  Jun 5 2015, 03:14:58 PM

Not an actor entrance applause, but I did experience a song applause.  Hytner directed "Carousel" in 1995 the tour playing Los Angeles.  When Nettie Fowler gets to the refrain of "June is Bustin' Out All Over" the audience (vast majority) started to applaud.  I asked the actress playing Nettie if that had ever happened before that perf and she had said it hadn't.  I guess it was a lot of elders who recognized the historic popularity of that tune.  Who knows.

Worst Hits You Ever Saw  Jun 4 2015, 12:34:17 PM

It wasn't a "Worst Hit I Ever Saw" but I didn't see Hairspray until well into the run and actually liked it.  So I bought the CD and wondered "WTF?"  Harvey was great by the Tracy couldn't sing for a lick and what was that accent?  And Penny had the "Jim Nabors" going on -- dialogue in a teen voice and singing in a mature adult voice.  How did this show last past opening night with that lack of talent?

On topic - Hair.  I will never understand the appeal or

THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL  Jun 4 2015, 12:27:13 PM

"Dorothy isn't a teenager. She's a young girl. The casting calls for an actress who is over 18 who obviously looks younger because they producers do not want to deal with child labor laws. Stephanie Mills was 18 when she did the role on Broadway and she looked younger.  The fact that she is 4'9" also helped.
With that being said, the producers have already stated they are searching for a newcomer for the role. I don't see any producer in his right mind

Remembering the Morosco Theatre (Through Pictures)  Jun 3 2015, 06:03:46 PM

Great post and amazing pics!  Progress for the sake of . . . what?  Ah.  History ain't what it used to be.

THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL  Jun 3 2015, 05:48:13 PM

"My first ever double post!"

^

Was it good for you?!

THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL  Jun 3 2015, 02:08:09 PM

I wish the press would stop referring to that god-awful movie version of The Wiz.  The original Broadway production was amazing in so many ways, unlike the ego-driven trash of a movie version.  At least no one from the movie will be involved with the television presentation -- I think Diane is the only one still around from the movie and her talent (unfortunately) has turned into a train wreck.

RIP Betsy Palmer  Jun 3 2015, 01:55:14 PM

Yes, great career and a significant talent.  Unfortunately, she has to be remembered for "Friday the 13th."  She had so many great theatre performances and always worked the nearby Pocono Playhouse back in the summers when it not only still existed (because of people like Ms. Palmer) and was a great venue. All the young ones on here have no idea who she was or how talented and gracious she was.  Classy lady.

Famous People You Have Spotted at Broadway Shows  Jun 2 2015, 09:30:30 AM

Most recently - John Corbett and Bo Derek at The Last Ship in November.  Sebastian and Stephanie J. also were there that night.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You