News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for BroadwayNYC2

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
Member Name: BroadwayNYC2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Next To Normal WEST END - News & Discussion Thread
 Jul 24 2024, 07:05:44 PM

Yes 2000 and whatever ain’t too far ago (are the 2000s not a period?), but I’ve found the show has aged poorly and feels incredibly tied to its premiere date. But, I get many adore this show so I’m clearly the minority, but it’s going to take more than a renovated kitchen in this production to disassociate it from 2008

Next To Normal WEST END - News & Discussion Thread
 Jul 23 2024, 07:17:20 PM

It’s a great production of a highly overrated show (I get I’m the minority), but it’s a rare example of Act II being incredibly superior to the first. Next To Normal is a frustrating endeavor for me because no matter how hard a director tries, it’s a 2000s period piece. Until a show rectifies that, I’m not sure I need to see it again. 

Stephen Pasquale to star in NINE at Kennedy Center
 Jul 23 2024, 07:13:43 PM

“ It is not selling - it's on TodayTix. Probably the first time a Broadway Center Stage is being sold there.”

Not true at all. I’ve purchased Music Man, Chess, In the Heights, and Sunset Blvd on today tix. 

Laurie Beechman Theatre & West Bank Cafe to close
 Jul 23 2024, 07:10:27 PM

These spaces are important, but you also do know how to run a business. That isn’t the public’s responsibility, yet those financials (or any financials actually) are often lost in the theater community. 

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/21/24
 Jul 23 2024, 01:36:35 PM

“Watch them go the Little Shop route, keep stunt casting the two leads, and run for years.”

what? that’s not the “little shop” route. That’s literally how the the Mendes revival kept its legs for song long. Yall just say things, my god. 

Patrick Marber will direct THE PRODUCERS for London’s Menier Chocolate Factory, beginning November 2024
 Jul 23 2024, 01:33:56 PM

“Isn’t this such a tiny space for such a large scale musical? Seems interesting”

there’s no reason this show HAS to be big. Thinking about shows solely through the lens of their venues is incredibly limiting and short sighted. 

ONCE UPON A MATTRESS Previews
 Jul 23 2024, 11:14:11 AM

A bit early for this thread me thinks. 

Nick Jonas and Adrienne Warren to star in THE LAST FIVE YEARS Broadway Revival
 Jul 21 2024, 04:14:14 PM

Except once again, that ain’t how this works. 

Nick Jonas and Adrienne Warren to star in THE LAST FIVE YEARS Broadway Revival
 Jul 21 2024, 03:46:03 PM

There’s a new rumored production for the Hudson once a week on these boards. Why just the Hudson, well, that I can’t answer. 

Imelda Staunton Hello, Dolly starts tonight!
 Jul 20 2024, 07:12:04 PM

“ Don't be rude. We were polite and kind; we're not monsters, we're fans. Maybe she didn't like our American accents??”

Insane comment on your end. What’s not clickin that you’re the problem. 

Report: The Phantom of the Opera May Be Readying an Off-Broadway Return
 Jul 20 2024, 05:35:54 PM

The mental gymnastics the Phans are going through to justify a non-existent Broadway revival, enough to compete in Paris next week. 

Welch’s GATSBY to premiere in 2024 ART
 Jul 20 2024, 05:33:14 PM

Like seriously…what is specific to that movie. Supposed Broadway fans continue to be absolutely delusional. 

SUNSET BLVD to transfer to Broadway
 Jul 20 2024, 01:33:47 PM

Every performance I’ve seen of hers as been an utter disappointment. Spend the money to see Nicole. 

Report: The Phantom of the Opera May Be Readying an Off-Broadway Return
 Jul 19 2024, 06:47:42 PM

What language do yall speak that you think Stage 42 is the answer. 

Jul 18 2024, 06:36:20 PM

Me chiming in as somebody who lived in the UK for 20 years (and born there!). So no, I’m actually ok. 

Jul 18 2024, 06:16:16 PM

“I think most people only really know of it from the 2013 film adaptation.”

That is just not true whatsoever, come on now. It’s an American novel about American things, sure, it isn’t as popular but isn’t an unknown entity in London. It’s still an incredibly well known novel. Insane comment. 

2024 Kennedy Center Honors
 Jul 18 2024, 04:05:11 PM

“ You one phunny girl. They are given the medal in advance and are wearing them around their necks in their box seats at the start of the ceremony. They never ever walk down and on to the stage.”

Thank you for explaining something that didn’t need to be explained. Did you also explain this to your parents in South Florida? 

2024 Kennedy Center Honors
 Jul 18 2024, 12:24:08 PM

Liza will never get one, but if for whatever reason she does, I’m going to run on stage and steal it just so we can continue to have the same conversation every year. 

Carolee Carmello to lead KIMBERLY AKIMBO National Tour
 Jul 17 2024, 02:46:39 PM

She was my first guess, I’m thrilled! Will be completely different from Clark but damn is this exciting. 

Laurie Beechman Theatre & West Bank Cafe to close
 Jul 17 2024, 02:43:38 PM

I’m not going to ever say Cabaret is an outdated style, but cabaret spaces are certainly an outdated business model. I hope somebody can make it work, but combining two fickle businesses (performing arts and dining) ain’t exactly an easy game. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You