News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Lucia Midnight

Lucia Midnight Profile Photo
Member Name: Lucia Midnight
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Broadway Spotlight tomorrow: Kristin Huffman
 May 8 2007, 07:26:04 PM
Ha! Fred was totally my suggestion for the title :)

I forgot that bit about the lighting, that disco ball effect the lighting designer kept trying to fit into the show was one of the funniest parts!

re: Broadway Spotlight tomorrow: Kristin Huffman
 May 8 2007, 07:06:16 PM
I went last night and it was definitely the best Broadway Spotlight I've ever been to. It was basically audience choice, so we all filled out ballots before the show with the styles of music we wanted to hear, any special requests, and voted for the title of the show (the winning title was announced at the end of the night so we could all go home and tell our friends and family what we saw. I think it was Kamikaze Kaberet or something like that.)

Kristin basically sang whatever was

re: Floyd and Clea Under the Western Sky
 Dec 2 2006, 05:10:04 PM
Thanks for the heads up about the video fishergirl. Just from those snippets I can see that they've made a few changes to things that I thought really didn't work when I saw it. Perhaps I'll have to catch it again after it opens and revise my opinion.
 Dec 1 2006, 02:10:05 PM
Anakela - I saw it the first weekend and there was a 15 minute intermission before act 2. I'm glad to see that they cut it, though, because act 2 started and I thought I was at a different play.

I agree that Floyd is more fleshed out than Clea, I felt cheated somewhat that Floyd's problems get the whole (rather long) first act and then Clea's problems get a montage and one scene. I would have loved more of a balance.

Dec 1 2006, 11:47:42 AM
When I saw the show I thought the best part was Mary Faber. The writing isn't so great and the songs didn't really work with the show in many parts. Also the second act doesn't seem like part of the same show as the first (same characters, but totally different feel). The band is onstage the whole time which is a nice touch, I think, and the lighting and set are pretty neat.

I agree with Anakela that I was totally surprised by the singing (and acting) ability of Mary Faber. I think

re: The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas, thoughts
 Oct 17 2006, 08:23:19 AM
I was at the show last night too and had a great time. Highlights for me were definitely the utterly adorable Mary Faber as Shy and Harry Groener as the Governor (I'm more into character and comedy than song). Nothing much to add to what's already been said, everyone did a great job. I thought all the scenes with the townsmen really broke the tempo of the show and were downright boring, but then the aggies or the girls would come in and brighten things up. Bob Martin was hilarious with his e
re: Spring Awakening to move to Broadway
 Jul 19 2006, 10:29:49 PM
My playbill lists a 'band' of four (guitar, bass, drums and cello) and Kimberly Grigsby is listed as the music director, but there is no conductor listed. The musicians all sat upstage against the back wall and the action took place right in front of them. Also, several times in the show, cast members played the piano.
re: Odd Avenue Q Question
 Jul 12 2006, 06:06:02 PM
On a slightly related note:
Last week at Broadway in Bryant Park, the sound check was sans puppets and the actress who plays Kate and Lucy kept putting her hands in "puppet position" while singing. I would imagine it becomes almost a reflex after performing these songs so many times.

re: Lucy the Slut in the Avenue Q Finale
 Jul 8 2006, 07:57:38 PM
I think the line is something about her having to rush out of her yoga class to get there by the final number, and having had 20 percent of her brain removed, but only the mean parts.
re: OFFICIAL BRYANT PARK 2006 BWAY PERFORMANCES THREAD
 Jul 7 2006, 02:25:16 PM
Yesterday at 11:30 there were plenty of empty seats close to the stage.
re: OFFICIAL BRYANT PARK 2006 BWAY PERFORMANCES THREAD
 Jul 6 2006, 05:02:50 PM
MissNY:
The performers from Avenue Q were Evan Harrington, Ann Sanders and Mary Faber with Kate Monster and Lucy. They performed Special, The More You Ruv Someone, and There's a Fine, Fine Line.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You