News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for AlbertPeterson3

Member Name: AlbertPeterson3
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Broadway at theme parks/cruises
 Jun 2 2018, 07:43:42 PM

Can you think of any broadway shows that have been adapted into smaller, shorter versions for theme parks and such?

I've thought of these:

Parks: Wicked at Universal Studios Japan, Beauty and the Beast + Frozen (Disney)

Cruises: Mamma Mia!, Hairspray, Grease, Saturday Night Fever, Rock of Ages.

Mean girls workshop cast
 May 19 2018, 01:54:05 PM

I was just watching Kerry Butler's live at 5 on Broadway.com, and she mentioned that another actress played her part in the workshop. Does anyone know who this was? And any other actors who took part in the worksohop and did not continue with the show?

SWEET CHARITY Revival
 Nov 6 2016, 08:32:39 AM

ACL2006 said: "curious as well if the show has understudies. It's only a cast of 12 and I don't think there's any swings.

They do have swings: Lori Ann Ferreri and Ryan Worsing. Ferreri actually went on for Sasha Hutchings the other day. 

Could anyone who went to the show share if the playbill says anything about who understudies who? :)

SWEET CHARITY Revival
 Nov 3 2016, 09:49:09 AM

I'm very excited about this!

Were any understudies listed on the playbill?

Anything Goes Tour Cast
 Sep 30 2014, 01:13:28 AM
Has anyone heard anything about the new cast? The tour is starting performances on October 9th in Houston.
Into The Woods Roundabout Cast?
 Jul 3 2014, 08:05:32 PM
Just wondering if anyone here has heard something.
Anything Goes 1934
 Jun 28 2014, 08:26:08 PM
So, let's say my community theater would like to put on the 1935 London version. Would we still have to pay royalties? Because there's no info at all, only for the subsequent versions in mti.
Musicals
 Jun 28 2014, 10:03:28 AM
Gaveston: Yes, that'e the idea. Principles with tiny chorus, no chorus, or with a few principles doubling as chorus. My Fair Lady and Evita are great suggestions, thanks!

How would you divide the parts in MFL though?

I was thinking that Sound of Music could also be done with 14 (+ 6 children), for example: Maria, Captain, Mother Abbess, Baroness (a nun too), Max, Rolf, Liesl, Herr Zeller/ensemble, Franz/ensemble, Sister Berthe/ensemble, Sister Margaretta/ensemble, Sister Sophia

"Big musicals" that could be done with a small cast
 Jun 27 2014, 06:03:50 PM
My theater group (that is pretty small, 10 to 13 people) would like to try put on 2 "big musicals" that are usually performed by a large cast and done with big sets, but adapting it to our limited number of actors, and to our performing space (yes, very small too).

We've already done Sweeney (10), Into the Woods (10), Little Shop (, Grease (14)and Kiss Me Kate (10). We're trying to avoid titles like Tick Tick Boom, L5Y, Charlie Brown Brown or revues. We'd rather do our own adaptation than a "naturally small show", if that makes sense.

Any ideas? Thanks!!

WOMEN ON THE VERGE coming to the West End...
 Jun 22 2014, 04:38:38 PM
Well, the thing is that spaniards ARE, in fact, caucasian. They're not mexican nor cuban. They might be comparable to italian people (a la Laura Benanti, for example). They're not usually blonde, but they aren't dark-skinned either. To compare them to people of latin-american heritage is a misconception (although it happens a lot). In the pic, Carmen Maura, Pepa in the film

Help with Into The Woods double casting
 Jun 7 2014, 08:49:17 PM
Correction - we actually had the same actress play both Cinderella and Rapunzel (which I thought worked really well!).
Help with Into The Woods double casting
 Jun 7 2014, 07:56:10 PM
We did it with ten! This was our cast:

Narrator/Mysterious Man
The Baker
The Baker's Wife
The Witch
Cinderella
Little Red Ridinghood/Rapunzel/Cinderella's Mother
Cinderella's Prince/Wolf/Lucinda (in drag)
Rapunzel's Prince/Cinderella's Father/Florinda (in drag)
Jack's Mother/Granny/Cinderella's Stepmother
Jack/Steward

Anything Goes 1934
 May 29 2014, 05:17:38 PM
I was also wondering how it would worked if someone wanted to stage the 1934 version, instead of the 1962 or the 1981 versions. I can't find any info on royalties and such.
Anything Goes 1934
 May 28 2014, 12:51:13 AM
Does anyone have/know how to get a copy of the original Anything Goes libretto/script? I am trying to use it for a research project. Thanks!
Ideas for a small-seized cast
 Jul 21 2013, 05:25:38 PM
ACL2006, I'm just a spaniard trying to speak English!

Ideas for a small-seized cast
 Jul 21 2013, 05:10:55 PM
Hey guys!

My amateur theatre group is trying to put on a new musical for the next season. We are only 10 actors (5 guys, 5 girls). We have some good singers, some good dancers, and some good actors that can carry a tune. We're Spanish and the problem here in Spain, musical theatre is not as big as in the US. We're looking for a well-known musical that can be adapted into a production with a small-seized cast. For example, we could never do "Tick Tick Boom" or "The Last 5 Years", but oth

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You