News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for raiosunshine

raiosunshine Profile Photo
Member Name: raiosunshine
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: ‘Reefer Madness’ to be released 10/28
 Sep 26 2008, 02:51:40 PM
Very exciting news. Can't wait to get this!
re: The Best thing to happen to Broadway in the past five years is...
 Sep 19 2008, 03:53:35 PM
Answering the question a totally different way, I'll say the best thing to happen to Broadway in the past five years is the internet. I know the internet has been around for longer than 5 years, but in the past 5 years we've really seen an increase in websites, journalism, the amount of information accessible, etc.

I think [title of show] is just one example of how the internet has had a major impact on the Broadway community. I think it really has helped musicals that aren't just movie

re: Xanadu to Rollerskate Off Broadway on Oct 12th
 Sep 17 2008, 11:06:10 AM
Congrats to the entire cast and production team on such a long run! All though I'm sad to see it go, I'm still excited for it's stunt in Chicago, where I will definitely go and see it.
re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 9/7
 Sep 8 2008, 04:23:07 PM
Some of these are quite unbelievable.

I'm crossing my fingers [tos] can hold on...

re: The [title of show] show - Episode 9
 Jun 4 2008, 07:42:40 PM
Awww! What a great episode! They are all so excited - it makes me even more excited!

The Marquee looks GREAT.

re: I Don't Care What Anyone Says, I Love...
 Jun 4 2008, 07:25:41 PM
THE PIRATE QUEEN
MARY POPPINS
TABOO

re: IN THE HEIGHTS Launches Official Show Website
 Feb 3 2008, 11:40:36 PM
I absolutely love the two songs they have posted on the media page. This musical has an amazing sound.
re: Marcie Dodd in Wicked Tour
 Aug 23 2007, 07:41:48 PM
She's the actual understudy. I saw her when she went on when the tour was in East Lansing. Colleen Sexton is the stand-by. I thought she did an excellent job! She definitely seemed younger in comparison to other Elphabas I have seen.
re: Drowsy quotes
 Jul 11 2007, 08:28:43 PM
I basically love the entire "Overture" section. My favorite line being: "That’s what an overture is, a musical appetizer. A poo poo platter of tunes, if you will."
re: Anyone hear the Pirate Queen cast recording yet?
 Jul 1 2007, 04:25:12 PM
Thanks for sharing the link. This just got me even more excited to get this cast recording. The Sea of Life is AMAZING!
re: OFFICIAL! PBS will broadcast COMPANY!!!
 Jun 28 2007, 09:35:53 PM
I couldn't be happier!

This definitely makes the closing on Sunday a little bit easier to stomach.

re: NY Post on Kerry Butler
 Jun 25 2007, 10:16:51 AM
What a cute article! And great publicity for Xanadu, too!
re: Sorkin's FARNSWORTH INVENTION to Open on Broadway in November
 Jun 21 2007, 09:24:43 PM
Exciting news! I hope Aaron Sorkin's return to Broadway is a good one.
re: Sardi's to Unveil Stephanie J. Block Caricature (PICTURES UP!)
 Jun 15 2007, 11:47:20 AM
I love it! Congrats to Stephanie!
re: Lets Play Predict a Movical
 Jun 13 2007, 10:00:59 PM
I second something with singing penguins. With all the penguin movies lately, I'm surprised we haven't heard of it yet... Happy Feet... as a musical?

My other suggestion: Lady in the Water. Or I'd just love to see M. Night Shyamalan do a musical, period.

re: 5 Shows Close....Whats Coming In?
 Jun 13 2007, 12:41:04 PM
Munk - wouldn't Jason Robert Brown's 13 be on the list of "dates to come/in development/rumored". I thought that it was on a projected spring 2008 opening.
Company to Close July 1
 Jun 12 2007, 08:10:40 PM
This is like the knife the Tony voters stabbed in our stomachs with Raul's loss wasn't quite enough... they had to announce two days later that we're losing Company all together.

What an amazing production, I feel so fortunate to have seen. Good luck to all the cast and hopefully we'll see Raul in another amazing role soon! :)

re: Best Recorded Show
 Jun 12 2007, 05:48:38 PM
Speaking of the recording of The Light in the Piazza... I'm pretty sure you can't buy this already, but does anyone know if it will ever be released commercially? My DVD-R didn't work that night for some reason so I never got it!
re: The OFFICIAL S.A. Didn't Deserve Thread
 Jun 10 2007, 11:53:11 PM
I totally agree, showgirl. I thought the other shows nominated had actual, great choreography that was noteworthy to be recognized.

I was really surprised to see Spring Awakening win in this category. The other ones, not so much, but this one... yes.

re: So....on a scale of 1 - 10.........
 Jun 10 2007, 11:49:34 PM
Performances: 8
Wins: 3
Overall: 4.5

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You