News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Julie Yard

Member Name: Julie Yard
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

The Official TDF Thread  Nov 16 2023, 09:26:15 AM

TDF.org won't even load! And it sounds like there's lots of good stuff. UGH! Is it working for anyone? 

The Official TDF Thread  Sep 22 2022, 05:44:56 PM

Has anyone had a TDF order go missing? I ordered Leopoldstadt for tonite and when I went to confirm the time my order wasn't there. (And no, I didn't have an email confirm). I just ordered Into the Woods for next week and I didn't get  an email, and it's saying wait 1/2 hour for the site to update. I've never seen this with TDF before. Order tix, get email, all delightful! What gives? 

Shows I'm glad I took a chance on...  Oct 25 2020, 11:57:17 AM

The Band's Visit... grabbed tix last minute, Somehow hypnotic and silly. Went home floating.

The Bridges of Madison County... I know, miss Kelly O'Hara in anything? Really? But the book/movie held little interest. The musical? Saw that twice.

And you.?

I regret not seeing...  Oct 23 2020, 11:04:07 PM

What shows do you regret not seeing?

I am playing Waitress and Dear Evan Hansen obsessively, and am kicking myself for not seeing those shows.

And you...?

Fall for Dance  Sep 8 2019, 12:20:13 PM

Woo Woo! After 3033 customers I got 2 events in the Mezz. Go dance!

Fall for Dance  Sep 8 2019, 11:26:03 AM

Here's the link to line-up. If there's anything left by the time I get in I will buy anything left except back balcony. 

https://www.nycitycenter.org/About/our-programs/Schedule/

Fall for Dance  Sep 8 2019, 11:13:12 AM

I am # 3044 in waiting room to buy tix. I thought this was almost on topic and other's might be in the waiting room too. Any reports?

Funniest Show  Jun 4 2019, 09:13:37 PM

Original cast of The Book of Mormon. (Curious how that has aged if anyone's seen it recently).

Mark Rylance as Olivia in Twelfth Night

Julie White in The Little Dog Laughed.

Laura Benanti in My Fair Lady. Lauren Ambrose was sublime, but Laura nailed every joke even though you'd heard them 100 times.

OCTET at Signature Theatre  May 31 2019, 11:19:14 PM

Home from tonight's show and this was as lovely a show as I could want. I would love a Broadway transfer, but understand from previous posts it may not make it. Will it get a cast recording? I would be very sad never to hear those songs again. Just beautiful.

"Caroline or Change" in Boston  May 12 2019, 07:48:10 AM

I saw the Astoria production yesterday and thought it was terrific. I'd never seen the show before, and it seems to pop up a lot on people's top 10 shows. It runs for a couple/few weeks and it's worth the trip to Queens.

The Official TDF Thread  Apr 4 2019, 09:05:11 PM

Stalking pays! Just got my tix for Ink.

The Official TDF Thread  Apr 3 2019, 09:55:40 PM

Any sign of Ink? Any hope of Ink being offered?

Has anyone on the board won the Springsteen lottery?  Aug 27 2018, 08:17:00 PM

Ant I guess I should ask have folks on the board been entering?

Thanks

Prime of Miss Jean Broadie Transfer?  Aug 3 2018, 07:26:20 PM

Any thoughts if this will transfer from the Donmar?

Passion at Signature Theatre  Jul 30 2018, 09:29:28 PM

That was lovely... thank you for posting Get Up. Reading the posts it seems earlier Signature productions haven't moved to NY. Anyone know why? I'm debating taking the 5 hour bus ride down and back to DC for this (I've never seen Passion), but would really prefer if it landed in my Broadway backyard. Any thoughts on that possibility? It's would be a lot of bus riding for 110 minutes -granted, that bit sounds like heaven.

Next block of tix  May 31 2018, 10:27:38 PM

Thanks both.

Alex172005 - t got my tickets the same way..

Next block of tix  May 31 2018, 07:09:13 PM

How do you know/learn when the next block of tickets for a big show are becoming available?

SAINT JOAN (2018) Previews  Apr 7 2018, 10:10:30 AM

I am with the minority here, because I saw it last night and thought it was wonderful. I felt the director caught that great place between light and dark with this play. I'd seen Joan before (at a small company downtown) and loved it but it was all dark. This production moves betweeen the dark and the light, and the major set design was a perfect reflection of it.  And a shame for Rashad to have no chance at the Tony (because Glenda will get it), There was no hint of histeria in her

TRAVESTIES (2018) Previews  Apr 1 2018, 09:38:31 AM

Although I didn't get everything, I really enjoyed this, and may go back for 2nd dip to fill in. Yes, it is Stoppard with his smarty-pants on, and like Invention of Love (where I didn't have a clue, but still knew it was beautiful)  sometimes you just have to surrender  to the smartest person in the room and go where he's going. How many playwrights can manage a play this rich, silly, sly and challenges you to keep up? IMO, not too many, and don't you wish there were

Who was the best understudy you have ever seen?  May 3 2017, 09:31:57 PM

Judy Kaye in the 2005 revival of Sweeney Todd, tuba and all. Phenomenal.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You