News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Broadwaystar2

Member Name: Broadwaystar2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Renee Fleming Replacment  Sep 3 2018, 12:08:32 PM

Rosena Jackson will replace her.

Renee Fleming Replacment  Sep 3 2018, 12:07:51 PM

goldenboy said: "I found Renee Flemming's performance an embarrassment of "look at me I'm an Opera Diva" Almost anyone who replaces her would be an improvement.

Don't get me started on the misguided Carousel where Billy and Laurie had no chemistry whatsoever.
"

I'm not sure what Carousel you saw where there was a character named "Laurie". Her name is JULIE JORDAN. So before you try to disrespect anyone on a Broadway stage

CAROUSEL (2018) Previews  Apr 7 2018, 12:09:50 AM

jayinchelsea said: "And regardless of all the trash talk about this production, it is still pulling in over $1 million every week. Only a full roster of negative reviews, and not just the Times, is going to change that. The title, and the whole R&H popular canon, pretty much guarantees success.

"

2 words.....SPRING BREAK!

Way too early 2018 Tony Predictions Thread  Apr 4 2018, 12:14:58 AM

poisonivy2 said: "Broadwaystar2 said: "poisonivy2 said: "Danielle49 said: "Many folks here on the board have been divided on Joshua Henry (who I personally haven'tseen yet) andhave been wowed by Harry Hadden-Paton's Higgins. Only afew thought he was lackluster. Meanwhile, Ethan Slater received nearly unanimous praise in the press. The voters don't strike me as people who would allow a SpongeBob musical to win any big awards, though. Are we expecting the press to agree that Hadden-Paton is aclear winner at this point?"

IDK I think when Carousel reviews come out Joshua Henry will get a lot of praise. IMO the show would have been dead in the water without him. Harry Hadden-Patton gives a very likable performance of Higgins and that's no small feat to make Higgins likable. However I don't think the role of Higgins has as much depth as Billy and I could see Joshua Henry walking away with the Tony.
"

I don't think just because a role has "more depth" as you put it. Means that another role that is masterfully acted and sung could not beat it. And as you've stated, you haven't seen Carousel. So how can you see anyone walking away with a Tony from something you haven't even seen?
"

WTF? I have seen both Carousel and MFL. I posted about taking my mom to Carousel the other day:

http://poisonivywalloftext.blogspot.com/2018/04/easter-is-for-musicals-carousel-and.html

I also saw MFL early in previews and plan to go back on April 10 to see the show after it's been frozen.
"

Ok calm down and take a deep breath. It's not that serious! My apologize, my message was not meant to make you go nuts. But I still stand by what I said about a role "not having as much depth" as a role that is very well executed.  And I'm glad your mom liked it.

Way too early 2018 Tony Predictions Thread  Apr 3 2018, 11:50:12 PM

poisonivy2 said: "Danielle49 said: "Many folks here on the board have been divided on Joshua Henry (who I personally haven'tseen yet) andhave been wowed by Harry Hadden-Paton's Higgins. Only afew thought he was lackluster. Meanwhile, Ethan Slater received nearly unanimous praise in the press. The voters don't strike me as people who would allow a SpongeBob musical to win any big awards, though. Are we expecting the press to agree that Hadden-Paton is aclear winne

CAROUSEL (2018) Previews  Mar 23 2018, 07:44:25 AM

GeraldJ2 said: "I saw the 2018 preview performance of CAROUSEL on Saturday March 17th at 2:00 PM. Glad I did not take many of these harshreviews too seriously. I still went.

In Spring 2015, I saw CAROUSEL done by theChicago Lyric Opera with Steven Pasquale.Laura Osnes, Matthew Hydzik, Charlotte D'Amboise, Jenn Gambatese, Denyce Graves. Jarrod Emick and Tony Roberts. I was hoping CAROUSELwould head to Broadway in some form.

I also saw the tour first stop (in

CAROUSEL (2018) Previews  Mar 19 2018, 02:30:33 PM

carolinaguy said: "The Tonys are very commercial and Scott Rudin is very powerful, so I doubt they would take that step. But they could if it opens as a giant disaster."

He's not THAT powerful....LOL! 

MY FAIR LADY (2018) Previews  Mar 16 2018, 12:54:08 AM

Any thoughts on possible Tony noms other than Norbert? LEAD Actor doesn't seen to be too full right now. With Henry as the possible front runner right now in Carousel.

Role of Billy Bigelow never Tony nominated?  Mar 13 2018, 02:30:09 AM

With the past actors in the role of Billy Bigelow in Carousel never being Tony nominated. Will this change for Josh Henry?  Thoughts? 

Antoine L. Smith "John" understudy...  May 30 2017, 02:23:40 AM

I'm not a sure who this guy is. But I caught Miss Saigon again tonight. And the understudy for John Antoine L. Smith was on. Both play the role great. But the understudy brought a little something extra to the role. His rendition of Bui Doi was stellar. Not over sang not all the riffing. It was just perfect. The way I think the song should be sung. His acting was incredible as well. If you ever get the opportunity to see him, its worth it! 

No Grosses Today????  May 22 2017, 07:04:49 PM

KING KONG Set for Fall 2018 Bow at the Broadway Theatre  May 17 2017, 01:32:12 PM

You mean aside from Once On This Island, Carousel, My Fair Lady, and Dream Girls??

2017 TONY Awards Performances  Mar 27 2017, 10:24:02 AM

Babe_Williams said: "Jeffrey Karasarides said: "I think it would have to depend on how many of the non-nominated productions will still be running by June 11th.

As for what numbers the nominees could perform...

Anastasia-Journey to the Past
Cats-Jellicle Songs for Jellicle Cats/Memory
Come From Away-Me and the Sky
Dear Evan Hansen-You Will Be Found
Falsettos-Falsettoland
Hello, Do

Miss Saigon Previews Thread  Mar 17 2017, 05:58:19 PM

CT2NYC said: "carolinaguy said: "They must have bounced the alternate schedule around during Lea's run. I saw the show in June 1991 (the Saturday matinee before the Tonys) and again with the original cast in October 1991 and the alternate played Wednesday matinees and Saturday evenings. After Lea left, I saw the show several more times with different casts and the alternate schedule was always Wednesday evenings and Saturday matinees.

I know, it's&nbs

Miss Saigon Previews Thread  Mar 15 2017, 10:16:30 AM

dodger106 said: "After months of anticipation, saw the 3/14 preview (yes, the one where the helicopter malfunctioned), and was generally underwhelmed by the entire production. Part of it is staging, and the irritating tendency these days to build out stages that obstruct views, while concentrating so much action downstage where it is barely visible. (We literally could not see any of Kim and could only see the top of Chris' head in the final scene, although we could see everyone

Miss Saigon Previews Thread  Mar 13 2017, 10:35:52 PM

Dave28282 said: "eatlasagna said: "That being said, I don't like the scene now when he comes in after the confrontation.  It's just talking over music.  It's like you spend the whole show singing everything than you just start talking.  "

Great point! They need to be very careful with this. For some reason the director thinks this is realistic, when in fact, it's the opposite. The language has been singing from the start, a

Miss Saigon Previews Thread  Mar 7 2017, 09:10:21 PM

Harpz2006 said: "I haven't seen a lot on here about Lianah Sta. Ana- I saw her at last week's Saturday matinee. My sister and I love Miss Saigon since seeing it as kids at our local dinner theatre. I thought Lianah did a great job and was emotional and heartbreaking and committed, but she just sounded like she had a cold/didn't her full voice. She was pretty soft and her voice had a very covered sound. My sister who is not as theatre-obsessed, made similar comments, comme

Miss Saigon Previews Thread  Mar 6 2017, 03:12:27 PM

MinnieFay said: "mint said: "Should I go ahead to purchase the ticket online or should I head down to TKTS to get discounted tickets, but how long is the queue, do I need to wait long? 

Lastly, will I get to see most of the main cast (in particular Eva, Rachelle Ann Go and Jon Jon) on a Saturday evening show?

We have no way of knowing what day you intend on going --- so I'm going to go ahead and say that, no, you should not expect to see A

Miss Saigon Previews Thread  Mar 5 2017, 10:36:26 AM

QueenAlice said: "It made sense for Jonathan Pryce to have the final bow in the original production. Aside from the fact his performance was one of the greatest in the history of  musical theatre (and has never been touched in the role) he was an established known star. Angela Landsbury took the final bow in SWEENEY as perhaps a similar point of comparison.

But I agree, in this production it makes no sense for the Engineer to have the final bow. Jon Jon would honestly

Miss Saigon Previews Thread  Mar 4 2017, 07:09:49 AM

A Director said: "This is no reason to revive this show.  Why do we need to see this show in 2017?

"

Perhaps its relevancy to what's actually going on in this country and around the world? Could that have something to do with it? Or do you live in another world where the refugee and immigration saga aren't happening? Why is ANY show ever revived? Why is Hello Dolly being revived again? Why was the Color Purple reviv

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You